Coronavirus

hope

This amounts to only around 9000 tests performed in total. Less than what Korea does in a day. 

What does it mean when "54000 suspects are under surveillance?" Are these people not tested? 

9 minutes ago, Banz said:

This amounts to only around 9000 tests performed in total. Less than what Korea does in a day. 

What does it mean when "54000 suspects are under surveillance?" Are these people not tested? 

A combination of symptoms, travel history and possibility of being in contact with confirmed cases.

1 hour ago, Banz said:

They will be tested.

sometimes the symptoms shows up after a week or 2. Hence under surveillance to see if they develop any symptoms in that period..

9 hours ago, Walker said:

Yikes. Thats poor AF, not to mention from experiences we've all had, the utter casual approach that will be taken until we have a few hundreds dead. Zero faith right now.

If after all these steps you still dont have faith then when will you? 

Lol.. I came last month.. There were f**k all steps being taken.. No screening nothing..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Lol.. I came last month.. There were f**k all steps being taken.. No screening nothing..

I can frankly, kind of understand the reluctance to test. The entire population of India, as of 2020 is around 1.3 billion. The no. of test kits we have is 300k. We would need 1 million+ test kits to just test 1% of the population. That is, we do not have the capacity to test 1% of our population. And I doubt the entire World has the capacity to test even 10% of our population.Also, almost all the people coming to test now are panicked people. So how do you decide who to test and who to not? That's why they decide to test only on those who have the symptoms.

In contrast,the entire population of South Korea, as of 2020 is around 50 million (According to Google). I.e. at this current point in time, they have the capacity to test almost 10% of their population with 500k units, and with more kits incoming, testing their entire population is very much possible.

Hence, our less no. of tests. Once the epidemic starts spreading properly, we will have to ration kits to test. So how can we spend the entire kits testing on just the initial panic? That's the feeling I get anyway (If we discount the laziness factor)

Edited by roun90

16 minutes ago, sobbii said:

Dont think there was anything last month. Late feb early march these steps were taken.

I know the steps arent 100% efficient but to say f**k the govt. they are doing nothing is plain stupid. 

Dont think there was anything last month. Late feb early march these steps were taken.

I know the steps arent 100% efficient but to say f**k the govt. they are doing nothing is plain stupid. 
But the government is saying they started screenings as early as January.. I am not saying f**k the government.. Don't buy everything you are told.. Also don't think government can do much either. The virus is so random.. Infected are not even showing symptoms for days.

Where did u come from? January screening started only for China and some SE asian countries. Even for the defence expo 2020 held in Feb week 1 they had cancelled all visas from China including the diplomats and business people. 

Heard a complex in powai, mumbai is under lockdown after someone tested positive, all flat owners are asked to self quarantine in their homes. 

The first case in West bengal is the son of a bureaucrat who refused the mandatory 14 day quarantine owing to his father's power and tested positive the next day. 

1 hour ago, sobbii said:

But the government is saying they started screenings as early as January.. I am not saying f**k the government.. Don't buy everything you are told.. Also don't think government can do much either. The virus is so random.. Infected are not even showing symptoms for days.

The screening did start in Jan. People who came from affected countries were scanned.. 

The biggest problem right now is not the government.
Its idiots living in our country, behaving as if nothings wrong and the virus will not affect them. 

Refusing quarantine, ignoring other directives.

Couple of friends of mine are going to Tirupathi in the weekend, as it was planned couple of months back.
I tried to convince them to cancel the trip. But one of em said, the crowd is usually around 1 lakh per day. Now its come down to 60k. So its right time to go, we can avoid queues and waiting.

With educated idiots like this, God save us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Its idiots living in our country, behaving as if nothings wrong and the virus will not affect them. 

Couple of friends of mine are going to Tirupathi in the weekend, as it was planned couple of months back.
I tried to convince them to cancel the trip. But one of em said, the crowd is usually around 1 lakh per day. Now its come down to 60k. So its right time to go, we can avoid queues and waiting.

With educated idiots like this, God save us.

Damm thats so stupid.

Also why isnt Tirupati closed? It should be closed by now. 

4 hours ago, sobbii said:

They did start the screening that early. However, it was for people coming from specific locations. Two of my friends who came back from their honeymoons in Jan had to go extensive screening when they came back. This was the situation at the Delhi airport. Don't know about the rest of the locations.

The breakfast, served at 7:30am, includes dosa, sambar, two eggs, two oranges, tea and a bottle of water. This is followed by fruit juice at 10:30am. The lunch served at 12:00 noon includes two chappathi, rice, fish fry, thoran (sauteed vegetables), curry, curd and another litre of water. The patients are served tea and snacks (biscuits/banana fry/vada) at 3:30pm, followed by dinner 7 pm comprising appam, vegetable stew and two bananas. 

For the foreign patients under isolation, the breakfast includes a bowl of soup, fruits and two boiled eggs, followed by pineapple juice at 11am. The lunch menu consists of toast bread, cheese and fruits. The foreign nationals are served pineapple juice at 11 am and toast cheese (if needed) and fruits for lunch at 12 noon. The dinner includes toasted bread, scrambled eggs and fruits.

I don't know why people still running away from quarantine in kerala :mellow:

Edited by Engineer
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Engineer said:

The breakfast, served at 7:30am, includes dosa, sambar, two eggs, two oranges, tea and a bottle of water. This is followed by fruit juice at 10:30am. The lunch served at 12:00 noon includes two chappathi, rice, fish fry, thoran (sauteed vegetables), curry, curd and another litre of water. The patients are served tea and snacks (biscuits/banana fry/vada) at 3:30pm, followed by dinner 7 pm comprising appam, vegetable stew and two bananas. 

For the foreign patients under isolation, the breakfast includes a bowl of soup, fruits and two boiled eggs, followed by pineapple juice at 11am. The lunch menu consists of toast bread, cheese and fruits. The foreign nationals are served pineapple juice at 11 am and toast cheese (if needed) and fruits for lunch at 12 noon. The dinner includes toasted bread, scrambled eggs and fruits.

I don't know why people still running away from quarantine in kerala :mellow:

The bathrooms, of course. The more people per bathroom, the filthier it gets.  

7 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Not kidding, I Saw a guy today wearing a mask with " apna time aayega" printed on it. I was like.. BC kya ek se ek namune hai apne desh me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So someone in my society got confirmed positive. He lives in D building and I live in A, so fair distance is there. That idiot refused to get tested after he came back from US, finally he relented and got tested. Now he and his family is in isolation ward. This happened 2 days back, I came to know today :fogug: