Coronavirus

hope

7 minutes ago, Walker said:

Domestic help has been paid for 2 months and told to stay home till we know more. Gave gloves and 2 refills of handwash.

That's amazing.

90% of people including my family would never do that.

Edited by GunnerY2J

34 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

That's amazing.

90% of people including my family would never do that.

Its really important that they stay safe. We all can do our bit however small and insignificant it may seem. I know her husband has also been asked to stay at home indefinitely without pay (he's a loader at the airport) and I'm going to send some extra as soon as I get my wages next week. 

6 minutes ago, Walker said:

Its really important that they stay safe. We all can do our bit however small and insignificant it may seem. I know her husband has also been asked to stay at home indefinitely without pay (he's a loader at the airport) and I'm going to send some extra as soon as I get my wages next week. 

Yes, great on your part and anyone who does that.

The attitude of my parents is very very far from this.

37 minutes ago, Walker said:

Good stuff man. 

Our maid asked my mom if she could go back to her native and for a month, so my mom gave her an advance and she left. Its not the same, but its something.

1 hour ago, san_Assassin said:

:wallbash::wallbash:

This was bound to happen. Now it'll spread like wildfire here in Delhi, exactly the thing we're trying to prevent. 

• Like 1

1k a day to workers. Good Job Yogi :good:

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/covid-19-coronavirus-uttar-pradesh-yogi-adityanath-1658075-2020-03-21

Look at irresposible behaviour here :doh:

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/india/delhi-couple-taken-off-bangalore-delhi-rajdhani-train-after-home-quarantine-seal-found-on-husbands-hand-2545431.html

People have to start reporting now i think otherwise idiots wont listen. 

Edited by hope

I have a feeling that muslim population and slum dwellers are going to be the worst affected in India. This is not meant to be a racist post. But the way Muslims stay in a ghetto and slum dwellers are like too packed for space one case will wipe out lacs and i fear for the worst.

India should immediately lock down with curfew and if possible Emergency (which doesn't look likely as opposition would politicise it to the core).

I again want to clarify that I dont mean my post to be racist. I apologize in advance if it seems like that.

32 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

It's 1k a month not per day. 15lakh daily wage workers (hawkers, construction laborers etc)

No it seems it's per day, not per month. Livemint also reporting the same

https://www.livemint.com/politics/news/coronavirus-rs-1-000-each-to-be-given-to-daily-wage-workers-per-day-says-up-cm-11584773897695.html

And the number of people who are beneficiaries are 15 lakh daily wage earners and 20.37 lakh construction workers

An excellent initiative. If money is disbursed properly, the daily wage earners will not even feel the pinch of the Coronavirus quarantine. 30k per month is a very much livable salary. 1k per month, and you are driving people to hunger and homelessness

30k per month is impossible. Even the minimum wages here is 10-12k, no way they'll pay anyone that much. Remember this scheme would most likely apply to BPL ration card holders who get free monthly ration anyways ( or at very very low prices like rice, wheat at at 2-3 rs per kg)

:wallbash:

Stupidity has no bounds seems like. 

I'm still seeing kids from the society opposite my own playing and their parents and all are sitting and chatting etc like nothing's happening. 

On the other hand my regular wine shop owner is gloved and masked, has a big 3M sanitiser dispenser on the counter and is forcing everyone to wash before and after. He's also ensuring there's only one person at the counter at any time and is pushing payments via GPay. After every few transactions he was disinfecting the counter. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Walker said:

I'm still seeing kids from the society opposite my own playing and their parents and all are sitting and chatting etc like nothing's happening. 

On the other hand my regular wine shop owner is gloved and masked, has a big 3M sanitiser dispenser on the counter and is forcing everyone to wash before and after. He's also ensuring there's only one person at the counter at any time and is pushing payments via GPay. After every few transactions he was disinfecting the counter. 

Bevda log are the most responsible people you'll find, saying this from personal experience. Just don't let them drive :P

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Bevda log are the most responsible people you'll find, saying this from personal experience. Just don't let them drive :P

:dance:proud member 

1 hour ago, Walker said:

Well if I'm being honest, my group is playing too. I skip out on the playing because we play football and thats risky. But I do meet up with a few friends who hang out after the game for half an hour or so.

Mask on, no physical contact.