Coronavirus

hope

One one hand we have people hiding their travel history, running away from the quarantine centres & on the other we have these thankless retards like these
.b88a9973bfa67f2485e6f9e93780698a.jpg

Airport authority of India had to rebuke his claims and put out a video of him being thermal scanned etc

aee46a52146c58a5fb03031e3758a472.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, boltonfan said:

All non essential workplaces are shut till 31st March. So 100% WFH is in effect.

That's for private companies (many of whom are still illegally forcing employees to attend offices and need to be heavily fined). 

I work for the central government so only orders from DOPT or our own Ministry will apply. So far there aren't any yet. 

If locals were to stop plying by Monday, we would have 100% wfh by default. 

One one hand we have people hiding their travel history, running away from the quarantine centres & on the other we have these thankless retards like these

Airport authority of India had to rebuke his claims and put out a video of him being thermal scanned etcaee46a52146c58a5fb03031e3758a472.jpg

9 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Just went for a short drive in my car. Never seen mumbai so silent, not even during India-Pakistan cricket matches or even on bharat bandhs. 

That's a comfort at least

6 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

546 dead in Italy's Lombardi region alone today. Total death in the country in last 24 hours could go beyond 700 :(

f**kkkkkk :(

9 minutes ago, b!T said:

:rofl: 

I am a district away from you in Kochi and here people use masks but are panic buying anything and everything. I went to get some groceries and people were clearing out stuff in an alarming rate. Like someone said before, i am more worried about the people than the virus at this point.

My next door neighbor bought 15 kgs rice, 10 kgs wheat etc, we went out to get grocery today because he caused my dad to panic. 

Most people I speak to are confident nothing will happen to them. I am disappointed by this attitude of people too.

5 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:
9 minutes ago, boltonfan said:

All non essential workplaces are shut till 31st March. So 100% WFH is in effect.

Our workplace is asking people to come to work from Monday in mumbai. Its truly shameful the company has no regards for safety. But am not going till 31st anywhere.

Speak to your manager. Otherwise if you want to, ask a friend to tweet to the concerned authorities. That should take care of things.

4 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

And my senior management still hasnt asked me to stay home. A colleague and I are still expected to report, while everyone else is wfh. :(

Speak to your manager. It isn't safe to travel. 

1 minute ago, Banz said:

That's for private companies (many of whom are still illegally forcing employees to attend offices and need to be heavily fined). 

I work for the central government so only orders from DOPT or our own Ministry will apply. So far there aren't any yet. 

If locals were to stop plying by Monday, we would have 100% wfh by default. 

That is really strange. Can't afford to be indecisive in these times. 

Just now, mohit9206 said:
5 minutes ago, boltonfan said:

Our workplace is asking people to come to work from Monday in mumbai. Its truly shameful the company has no regards for safety. But am not going till 31st anywhere.

That is quite sad indeed. I am being forced to work from home till April 18th but they never had a reason to force me, I am not going to a tech park where 50K people are working.

6 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

My next door neighbor bought 15 kgs rice, 10 kgs wheat etc, we went out to get grocery today because he caused my dad to panic. 

Most people I speak to are confident nothing will happen to them. I am disappointed by this attitude of people too.

People are always hanging on to that "It will never happen to me" thread. Until it hits them and it's all tears and misery. I remember people like this during 2018 floods as well.

Someone posted about animals/dolphins returning to Venice etc are all fake.

NGO - Fake animal news abounds on social media as coronavirus upends life

These reports of wildlife triumphs in countries hard-hit by the novel coronavirus got hundreds of thousands of retweets. They went viral on Instagram and Tik Tok. They made news headlines. If there’s a silver lining of the pandemic, people said, this was it—animals were bouncing back, running free in a humanless world.

But it wasn’t real.

The swans in the viral posts regularly appear in the canals of Burano, a small island in the greater Venice metropolitan area, where the photos were taken. The “Venetian” dolphins were filmed at a port in Sardinia, in the Mediterranean Sea, hundreds of miles away. No one has figured out where the drunken elephant photos came from, but a Chinese news report debunked the viral posts: While elephants did recently come through a village in Yunnan Province, China, their presence isn’t out of the norm, they aren’t the elephants in the viral photos, and they didn’t get drunk and pass out in a tea field.

1 hour ago, hope said:

There are so many contradictions and holes in this story. To anyone reading it, please read it as fiction!

The CIA agents do not generally engage in a direct conflict.

The author made two contradictory statements:

"It will not surprise you to hear that if my identity were to be revealed, my life would be in grave danger, as would those of my wife and son.  I ask you to respect the fact that I have stripped out of this account all facts that would make it easy to identify me."

and,

"one subject, an elderly lady who had published defamatory cartoons of our President, begged me for death with such insistence that I took pity and shot her.  I was reprimanded, but fortunately the complaint was dropped when I agreed to reimburse the cost of the bullet. I swore to myself never again to show such unnecessary emotion."

Yeah, right. There are exactly 10928388293 people who did the same so it's really difficult for the Chinese government to identify this person. :rolleyes:

Furthermore,

"Most importantly, I have a wife and a son."

This person is repeatedly mentioning his wife and son at so many places writing that he is worried for their well being. This doesn't add up. Anyone who is scared of something happening will try to conceal it as much as possible. That's how the normal psychology of fear would work. Not this!

Nice work of fiction though!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Airport authority of India had to rebuke his claims and put out a video of him being thermal scanned etcaee46a52146c58a5fb03031e3758a472.jpg

This guy is now saying that he thought that it was just an eye check and not thermal scanning, while they are clearly pointing the scanner to his forehead.

This shows that education doesn't convert into logic.

Edited by kunjanp

9 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

There are so many contradictions and holes in this story. To anyone reading it, please read it as fiction!

The CIA agents do not generally engage in a direct conflict.

The author made two contradictory statements:

"It will not surprise you to hear that if my identity were to be revealed, my life would be in grave danger, as would those of my wife and son.  I ask you to respect the fact that I have stripped out of this account all facts that would make it easy to identify me."

and,

"one subject, an elderly lady who had published defamatory cartoons of our President, begged me for death with such insistence that I took pity and shot her.  I was reprimanded, but fortunately the complaint was dropped when I agreed to reimburse the cost of the bullet. I swore to myself never again to show such unnecessary emotion."

Yeah, right. There are exactly 10928388293 people who did the same so it's really difficult for the Chinese government to identify this person. :rolleyes:

Furthermore,

"Most importantly, I have a wife and a son."

This person is repeatedly mentioning his wife and son at so many places writing that he is worried for their well being. This doesn't add up. Anyone who is scared of something happening will try to conceal it as much as possible. That's how the normal psychology of fear would work. Not this!

Nice work of fiction though!

It's from a reddit post, people post horror stories on that community.

26 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

This guy is now saying that he thought that it was just an eye check and not thermal scanning, while they are clearly pointing the scanner to his forehead.

This shows that education doesn't convert into logic.

The guy even removes his specs while getting scanned. What a fkin moron. ??

1 hour ago, mohit9206 said:
1 hour ago, boltonfan said:

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

And my senior management still hasnt asked me to stay home. A colleague and I are still expected to report, while everyone else is wfh. :(

Someone from our organisation tagged commissioner of gurgaon and narendera modi and said our comp is forcing them to come to office along with a screenshot of office group chat.

immediately he got a response from commissioners office asking to share the address. 

lets see what happens now :)

9 minutes ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Someone from our organisation tagged commissioner of gurgaon and narendera modi and said our comp is forcing them to come to office along with a screenshot of office group chat.

immediately he got a response from commissioners office asking to share the address. 

lets see what happens now :)

Only an advisory was issued by the commissioner's office, right? Or did they release a direct order for closing of offices till 31st in Gurgaon? 

3 hours ago, Walker said:

That's perfectly fine since I'm assuming you're of a sensible age enough to understand physical distance. These kids I was referring to were 6-10 yr olds with zero concept of space. I get it being a parent to my own 8 yr old and all that energy, and I do send her down every evening for a few rounds on the cycle but I ensure it's early before the crowd comes down. I'll do whatever I can in my capacity. 

Oh yeah I'm making sure I avoid physical contact.

Stopped meeting my friends for now, although they still play, and hangout and smoke every evening.

Passive smoking wasn't doing me good anyway, this is probably better.

And yes, cycling is great. I do it every afternoon, and use the night to walk around for a bit :)