Coronavirus

hope

Mumbai-Pune Expressway has been closed. Lot of cars stopped at Kalamboli by the police. Most of these are families from Pune, Satara and beyond. Self proclaimed sons of the soil are very quick to run off to their actual motherland when crisis hits.

4 minutes ago, Banz said:

Mumbai-Pune Expressway has been closed. Lot of cars stopped at Kalamboli by the police. Most of these are families from Pune, Satara and beyond. Self proclaimed sons of the soil are very quick to run off to their actual motherland when crisis hits.

Nothing wrong if they want to go back to their homeland in times of crisis. We don't stop people coming from villages looking for jobs and putting undue strain on cities.

5 minutes ago, Walker said:

Btw can someone tell me what the scenes are in Mumbai? I have a 82 year old uncle who lives by himself. Are deliveries happening? Like big basket etc? I'm not sure if they're delivering etc.

E-commerce companies in the Meat, fruits, vegetables and grains are considered as essential companies; hence they will continue to operate.

The best practice whilst accepting any deliveries is to request the goods to be placed outside the door.

• Thanks 1

I think the time has almost come when govt has to consider calling in the Army and handing over Delhi and Mumbai to them. people are still not understanding the gravity of situation.

We soon need to decide between those who keep the order or those who disrupt thing  because they are getting inconvenienced.

i know the migrants and poor are going to suffer in this but we cannot let it slip to Italy like situation.

25 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Nothing wrong if they want to go back to their homeland in times of crisis. We don't stop people coming from villages looking for jobs and putting undue strain on cities.

My point isn't that. These people act like gatekeepers of Mumbai most of the time, when they are themselves outsiders. Nevertheless this is going off topic so I will stop here. 

It just felt funny how quickly they have packed their bags and begun to flee. 

2 hours ago, hope said:

Not sure if true but on fb a lady posted with 12 pics at night captioned "enjoying with family at Corona festival" :lol:

Saala isse accha hai khud ko goli maarlo:P

Lol after what we witnessed yesterday this would not surprise me :D

13 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Do people really believe those WhatsApp forwards which said clapping yesterday reduced the impact of virus? :roflroll:

Wtf like really :roflroll:

Our society group has completely banned msgs regarding Corona unless they are with proof and are needed to be shared. 

17 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Do people really believe those WhatsApp forwards which said clapping yesterday reduced the impact of virus? :roflroll:

My watchman asked me is it true that we were told to sit at home because government was spraying anti-corona pesticides from planes and choppers. Asked him did he hear any planes ot choppers? He said no, so told him this means our area was not sprayed and he should be more careful. Also go and tell this to other society watchmen asap.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Not sure. I got thrown out of my family group for saying it's a bunch of rubbish. :ko:

The intention was to show support for frontline medical staff and everyone was supposed to do it from their homes, but ppl going out in large groups and doing it and the breaking lockdown tells me that unfortunately millions of indians will have to die to learn a valuable lesson.

Just now, CarbonCore said:

My watchman asked me is it true that we were told to sit at home because government was spraying anti-corona pesticides from planes and choppers. Asked him did he hear any planes ot choppers? He said no, so told him this means our area was not sprayed and he should be more careful. Also go and tell this to other society watchmen asap.

You could have scared him about the impact of the virus and told to be extra careful. 

I guess without panic, people wont listen but that has its own consequences.

Also Refund rules relaxed by Indian Railways. 

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/railway-train-ticket-cancellation-refund-rules-relaxed-explained-in-10-points-11584854414505.html

27 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

And you did no better than who spread and believe false information.

Edited by GunnerY2J

6 hours ago, Pacifier said:

When leaving people who returned back from abroad for self isolation, they should warn that if they break it, FIR will be filed , passport seized and they can no longer travel or something like that so it sticks in their minds. 

Passport seizure alongwith 5 lakh INR fine maybe.

The problem is that we are not tracking people who are supposed to be in isolation, at max a physical stamp on the hand. We should have means to track people (I would probably have not said the same 4 months earlier), but there should be a facility to track a person using big data such that their cards, phone, passport etc is linked to their profile and we can easily trace out who are the individuals who came back to India in the last 2-3 weeks and whether they are flouting the isolation norms.

Have heard Taiwan was able to do this and keep things in check.

30 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

And you did no better than who spread and believe false information.

I was incredibly annoyed because same thing was asked to me twice by two other people before that. I don't use FB, twitter and Whatsapp, block all calls that aren't in my contact list, and don't watch cable news so I dunno what stupid sh*t is being spread around. Personally I pay no attention to other people (humans) since I live a completely reclusive life with a dog, so I have very little patience when someone asks moronic questions like this.

12 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I was incredibly annoyed because same thing was asked to me twice by two other people before that. I don't use FB, twitter and Whatsapp, block all calls that aren't in my contact list, and don't watch cable news so I dunno what stupid sh*t is being spread around. Personally I pay no attention to other people (humans) since I live a completely reclusive life with a dog, so I have very little patience when someone asks moronic questions like this.

:rofl: 

You have been preparing for this your whole life then :lol:

1 hour ago, Walker said:

Not sure. I got thrown out of my family group for saying it's a bunch of rubbish. :ko:

Lol our older generation will believe everything they see on these forwarded texts. Jio did more harm than good, I don't think these types of rumors used to spread like wildfire like a decade back.