Coronavirus

hope

4 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

I don't know man, they say groceries won't be shut, but the police here (Gr. Noida) isn't allowing any movement...How the hell do i reach the shop?

On another instance i told them i'm from the medical team (showed them ID too) and am working on-call to which they respond we will only allow medical personnel to go in the morning, seems every cop has their own interpretation of the law here....I still whole heartedly support the lockdown but implementation needs to be better managed.

Police are clearly not trained for such situations, I doubt they or anyone really ever trained for a medical curfew. 

Finally some clarification

Also on India Today Chagan Bhugbal, Maharashtra Food Minister said essential services food etc.  will be open. Reporter said same was said by a senior minister in Delhi (Though this minister was not on call in the news unlike the MH counterpart. Delhi minister said unless Central Govt. issues new directives situation will be same as now, as per reporter. Also, the reporter also said Delhi Govt. will give out a number - so if you are part of essential services and are stopped by a policeman - you can call the no. they will identify you and ask the policeman to let you through if you are genuine. No such measures stated by other states. Also, Delhi Minister did not talk directly on news. All of the above was said by the reporter, who said he had talked to the minister (Name Unknown))

@kunjanp @KnackChap Same, not allowing things through at all. Heck, even BigBasket and Amazon pantry have stopped delivering - even though they are the safest ways to order and Modi specifically said they were exceptions. Also, almost all Grocery Stores are closed in my area, and only 1 vegetable store is open - which has a line forming outside, defeating the very purpose of lockdown. Let's hope, after today's speech - they are allowed.

If groceries are not managed properly, then when people's stock start running out - police may have a hunger riot on their hands. Hope they start implementing things properly.

Edited by roun90

4 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Finally some clarification

Also on India Today Chagan Bhugbal, Maharashtra Food Minister said essential services food etc.  will be open. Reporter said same was said by a senior minister in Delhi (Though this minister was not on call in the news unlike the MH counterpart. Delhi minister said unless Central Govt. issues new directives situation will be same as now, as per reporter. Also, the reporter also said Delhi Govt. will give out a number - so if you are part of essential services and are stopped by a policeman - you can call the no. they will identify you and ask the policeman to let you through if you are genuine. No such measures stated by other states. Also, Delhi Minister did not talk directly on news. All of the above was said by the reporter, who said he had talked to the minister (Name Unknown))

But what about individuals stepping out to get groceries? 

Just now, kunjanp said:

But what about individuals stepping out to get groceries? 

You should be able to. So long a you are not going in a crowd (That's what I hope). Mainly this is a learning time for police as well I feel. Once 2-3 days passes, they themselves will be trained to identify who is going to buy groceries and who is going to party. And considering all other shops are closed - groceries and medicals are all that you can buy.

If Bigbasket and Amazon Pantry restart soon properly - nothing like it. Then they can enforce proper lockdown as people will have no need to go out

2 minutes ago, Right said:

I knew this was coming.

people were just not doing enough to reduce the spread. 

Now, no movement at all. The flight ban will also extend.

This was inevitable, if people stayed in or not. I can see it extending to a couple of months surely.

Just now, GunnerY2J said:

Big basket and amazon pantry can't do much.

Factories themselves will be locked down for 30 days now ? 

So, they won't have stock as well.

We don't need factories. What we need are vegetables, rice/wheat and if possible fruits. Stocks are already there, and will rot if they are not allowed through. Expect traffic of Big Basket and Amazon Pantry to only focus on those, nothing else. Factories are needed for Hand Sanitizers, Medicines, Masks etc. And I'm sure those will be allowed through.

Problem with BB/Amazon Pantry were that delivery boys were not allowed through. They mentioned as much in their website. That is artificial, and once police are trained enough, they should start functioning again. Breads/Jams etc. which need factories - well we might not get those.

Edited by roun90

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Never been more happy to not live in that country.

I've been happy ever since the first case of corona there. Medicine in that country is a scam. Unfortunate folks who have to be admitted to hospital for 2 weeks due to corona there will probably get a bill of $1,00,000 or something. 

11 minutes ago, Banz said:

I've been happy ever since the first case of corona there. Medicine in that country is a scam. Unfortunate folks who have to be admitted to hospital for 2 weeks due to corona there will probably get a bill of $1,00,000 or something. 

Lol, a good friend of mine had to pay around $10k for a 2 day stay and monitoring before corona was a thing.

Another one comes back to India, gets his dental and other things done and goes back.

2 hours ago, hazard12345 said:

Glad the police is not taking any bullshit.

Towards the last 2 seconds in the video -as she was reaching to shut off the camera- her facial expressions changes totally. She is faking her true emotions otherwise she won't have such a huge change in her eyes very quickly. Drama lady!

42 minutes ago, roun90 said:

We don't need factories. What we need are vegetables, rice/wheat and if possible fruits. Stocks are already there, and will rot if they are not allowed through. Expect traffic of Big Basket and Amazon Pantry to only focus on those, nothing else. Factories are needed for Hand Sanitizers, Medicines, Masks etc. And I'm sure those will be allowed through.

All pulses are processed in the factory.

Cooking oil as well.

And other essentials like salt, sugar, spices etc etc

Edited by GunnerY2J

22 minutes ago, Banz said:

They'll probably be the first one's to find a cure too.

One good thing our IRDA did weeks ago is tell everyone that covid will be covered under all existing medical insurance policies. 

Good decision today.

Hope its not too late. Praying for that.

Best thing is they didnt give any hint or date of lockdown otherwise Idiots would have flocked to stores. 

Hope it works. Fingers crossed. 

2 minutes ago, hope said:

Good decision today.

Best thing is they didnt give any hint or date of lockdown otherwise Idiots would have flocked to stores. 

We *hope* so too.

Somebody above said we're looking an extension to this 21 day lockdown? You guy thinking it will be extended?

@kunjanp I guess we can assume college is off for the rest of the sem? I don't wanna sound like an a**hole, but I'm kinda happy. I wasn't looking forward going to college after 31st, or right after the current suspension as I use the Delhi metro, and thats probably the easiest place to pick up the virus tbh.

3 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

We *hope* so too.

Somebody above said we're looking an extension to this 21 day lockdown? You guy thinking it will be extended?

@kunjanp I guess we can assume college is off for the rest of the sem? I don't wanna sound like an a**hole, but I'm kinda happy. I wasn't looking forward going to college after 31st, or right after the current suspension as I use the Delhi metro, and thats probably the easiest place to pick up the virus tbh.

Already received a mail about extension till April 19th. Not seeing college opening before May. Even then it might not because my online classes will start soon and probably will see through this sem.

Can't imagine about the people preparing for JEE this year. Plus my internship is all up in air.

Many of my colleagues who got placed in South Korea and other countries are already considering to request a transfer. Dire situation.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, hope said:

Good decision today.