Coronavirus

hope

8 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

India needs to ramp up testing, we can do 10k tests per day, no reason not to do it unless they are trying to keep the numbers low

I don't think that is the case. Test less people so that there are less cases discovered? Sounds a bit ridiculous. 

This isn't a competition for heavens sake. The lockdown was imposed keeping the health of the citizens in mind, and not because we want to show better numbers. I'd rather not head down the same rabbit hole as Italy, Spain, Germany, US or any other countries with the crazy numbers at this stage.

Medical workers in Rajasthan singing to lift spirit. Hats off to all our medical workers who working 24/7 to save lives

https://youtu.be/DXiMWBdAET4

Damn bats soup.  Chinese ppl Disgusting.

When u destroy nature then Nature destroys you. .

Edited by WhiteWolf

34 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

India needs to ramp up testing, we can do 10k tests per day, no reason not to do it unless they are trying to keep the numbers low

Correct.  There were reasons to not focus on the problem back then. 

18 minutes ago, abhinit90 said:

So 3 doctors and 2 policeman have entered a home in our colony

I'm sh*ting bricks

Bro be careful. Wear masks. Use sanitizer and don’t touch gates, lift doors, buttons etc. Don’t even go out of your house.

28 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I don't think that is the case. Test less people so that there are less cases discovered? Sounds a bit ridiculous. 

This isn't a competition for heavens sake. The lockdown was imposed keeping the health of the citizens in mind, and not because we want to show better numbers. I'd rather not head down the same rabbit hole as Italy, Spain, Germany, US or any other countries with the crazy numbers at this stage.

No, not competition. There literally was not enough test kits available. India had a grand total of around 300,000 test kits - of which some 200,000 was on the way. They literally could not test everyone, since only Germany made the test kits. So they tested only those who sshowed symptoms or had an actual travel history/contact history with a known COVID19 patient.

But the good news is - finally a firm has succeeded in making test kits locally in Pune (Mylab). They have got the approval of Indian FDA, and their test kits are said to give result in 2.5 hours.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/healthcare/biotech/healthcare/pune-based-mylab-becomes-first-indian-co-to-get-its-covid-19-test-kits-validated/articleshow/74785575.cms?from=mdr

This only happened some 3 days ago. So expect tests to be ramped up from now on.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Nathan.Drake said:

which colony in delhi ?

Gonna happen everywhere soon enough :wallbash:

There are some real idiots in my society. My friends are walking their dogs outside. Together.

I've heard them all say, the only thing I need in my life is my dog. Well time to prove it. Stop talking, walk your dog or go home. But nope. They'll walk their dogs together. 

On 3/21/2020 at 4:58 PM, Bhpian Bali said:

I have a feeling that muslim population and slum dwellers are going to be the worst affected in India. This is not meant to be a racist post. But the way Muslims stay in a ghetto and slum dwellers are like too packed for space one case will wipe out lacs and i fear for the worst.

India should immediately lock down with curfew and if possible Emergency (which doesn't look likely as opposition would politicise it to the core).

I again want to clarify that I dont mean my post to be racist. I apologize in advance if it seems like that.

Ill quote my post. Slum dwellers and ghetto population are at most risk. there was a report in Zee news and Sudhir Chowdhary without being apologetic said that there are some pockets in India like shaheen baug where the constitution cannot be applied. Even police are scared to go there. I can only pray that covid doesnt enter such clusters. 

10 hours ago, kmkaks said:

Coronavirus is an existing class of virus, its apparently nothing new (19 is a new mutation though), since the chinese have already dealt with an outbreak of SARS-corona and have prominent wet markets, it is also not surprising  that films/books use the corona name in plot.

It doesn’t Mutate like that naturally. This is made in lab. This virus essentially targets whatever underlying and pre existing conditions in people and literally fast forwarding their illnesses to their death.

3 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

It doesn’t Mutate like that naturally. This is made in lab. This virus essentially targets whatever underlying and pre existing conditions in people and literally fast forwarding their illnesses to their death.

Please do not make unfounded and irresponsible comments, unless you have concrete evidence. 

• Like 2