Coronavirus

hope

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1068036270220482&id=2393393654044679?sfnsn=wiwspwa&d=w&vh=e&extid=rK8N7F6FgOxWpmh2&d=w&vh=e

Wtf is this? Police are so helpless. They fear riots. Just declare emergency and bring the f**king military in. This situation cannot be handled by democracy. That f**ktard was literally threatening the police at the end.

Look at this f**king video. Makes me sick.

54 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

Spitting on doctors wtf

Spitting would be the least of their problems. There are video of doctors, policemen and healthcare professionals being beaten, stoned and what not. 

14 minutes ago, hope said:

:rant::rant:

Kya Log hai yaar :wallbash::ranting:

And after all this nonsense, these kind of people come out and make claims (like in that video) that the government has been unfair, and has mistreated them or is against them because they practice Islam.

No. If that does happen, it is because they're a bunch of senile, worthless assholes who have no respect for the law or the country. 

Anyway, I'm drifting away from the topic here, sorry. 

Edited by Chirag2001

Y are people scared of getting tested i dont understand. 
Its for their own good. I just dont see the logic at all..

Someone should come out and reach out. May be Salman Khan , SRK or someone who has influence. 
Tell people to just follow the rules and co operate with the authorities 

Just saw a video of doctors being chased with stones..
Dont wanna post and incite more people..

M really happy with the way things are done in Bangalore..
Its so well organised. There were few buildings under construction in my area.
Around 20 - 30 wokers were there. 
They have been asked to stay in those buildings. Every day police come and hand them food packets. 2 packets per person per meal. They have taken really good care...

There is a very old and popular vegetable & fruit market near my place. Basically its just 3/4 roads where people get vegetables and fruits in carts and sell them. All these carts were close by and social distancing wasn't followed by people or the sellers.

Those carts and the whole market has been shifted to a nearby field and proper arrangements have been made. Its very spacious and proper social distancing is followed. All the grocery stores have boxes drawn near them, people have to stand in those boxes and buy groceries. 

We are very quick to blame the authorities. Should appreciate when they have done a splendid job.. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

United States asked Thailand for some protective equipments only to be told

that a shipment was en route to Thailand as a sign of help from US. :rofl:

What a shitshow :rofl:

11 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

United States asked Thailand for some protective equipments only to be told

that a shipment was en route to Thailand as a sign of help from US. :rofl:

What a shitshow :rofl:by

12 hours ago, Right said:

Testing will not save us, only lock down will. There are two scenarios:

Italy, South Korea:

Italy also did maas-testing, but what happened is most healthy people got infected when they were at hospital for testing.

South Korea made separate testing booths, one can drive-in and got themselves tested, next day they get message with result.

in both cases, there were more than 15% positives when they hit 1000 positive cases. Ours were 2.8%

it will be utter waste of kits when there is no community transmission and we deploy mass testing. What worse will be is that those who turn out negative turn complacent and then get infected.

ICMR knows what they are doing.

Uh, South Korea did A LOT of mass testing. If you read up on it, they starting testing even before the 1st positive case was found in the country. Their mass testing is what made them successful today. 

The reason they were able to mass test at this scale is they contracted multiple (4 to my knowledge) companies to make testing kits as per WHO guidelines (releases in Jan), and deployed them in the field without waiting for positive cases to come in. 

Regarding ICMR knowing what they are doing - MASSIVE LOL. So have a friend who along with his brothers runs a hospital at Shahganj, a town in district Jaunpur.

Talked to him today. Said he reported at least 33 cases of suspected COVID patients to local CMO for testing, but zero tests been done so far. 
Local CMO cites 2 reasons:

Zero kits available
Lot of pressure on him from higher authorities to under report numbers

All the suspected cases reported were just asked to self isolate themselves for 2 weeks.

There's a huge lack of kits (i saw some posts cheering about MyLab kits. You guys need to read more about ground reality where multiple MyLab kit batches are failing, getting returned, and most kit manufacturers aren't getting any positive controls from NIV to even test their batches). 

Another friend's in RML. Even they are struggling with getting samples tested. Many patients have to send multiple samples within 2 days of initial samples just because the samples arrived in untestable conditions at NIV, Pune. 

This is with what is apparently 36% capacity. No idea what's gonna happen at 100% capacity !

In the SARS outbreak, ICMR actually collaborated with many top notch hospitals and a couple of government agencies to fast track test kit approvals and validation. No idea why ICMR isn't doing the same since it's pretty clear NIV cannot manage the task on their own. 

ICMR had to change their stance from no community transmission to local and limited community transmission day before yesterday. Read it however you will, there is ample evidence of community transmission. And without mass testing, we are only delaying the inevitable. 

Over 8.5k military docs, support staff ready to help tackle Covid-19: Army chief

More than 8,500 military doctors and support staff are ready to extend assistance to the civil administration to fight the Covid-19 pandemic, army chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane said on Wednesday. His comments came during a video-conference chaired by defence minister Rajnath Singh to review the ministry’s efforts to fight the novel coronavirus.  The army has alerted retired health professionals to stay prepared in this time of crisis.

Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat told the minister that the armed forces have made more than 9,000 hospital beds available for Covid-19 cases and separate hospitals have been earmarked to exclusively deal with the coronavirus disease.  The armed forces have earmarked 28 service hospitals for managing Covid-29 cases.

Also, five hospitals run by the armed forces are equipped to carry out Covid-19 tests and six more would be added to the list soon.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/over-8-5k-military-docs-support-staff-ready-to-help-tackle-covid-19-army-chief/story-z2Lrx8pa0wpB37dKCwarZP.html

@Bird Bird Bird I did mean that SoKo did mass-testing, but they maintained protocol much much better than Italy.

Regarding ICMR, I had some private inputs and based on that I think that they are doing good job. But f**kups you mentioned are concerning. 
I do not agree with underreporting just yet, we have great recovery to death ratio.

finally about transmission, yes that’s what it is, limited community transmission not fully blown “gaon ke gaon” infected with people having no travel history at all.

1 hour ago, silentassassin said:

We are very quick to blame the authorities. Should appreciate when they have done a splendid job.. 

Yep, police, medical staff and even most of the people here in my area are doing a good job following the lockdown. Big props to all the ppl who are doing their every bit to fight this epidemic.

unknown.png

At current rate 1m by tomorrow or Friday 100%.

unknown.png

• Highest number of cases in a single day. 76K+.
  • USA breaks 25K+ cases in a day.
  • Germany likely to overtake China tomorrow.
  • India climbs up with 601+ new cases. Totaling 1998. 
Edited by Heaven Angel