Coronavirus

hope

6 hours ago, Joe Cool said:
  • Highest number of cases in a single day. 76K+.
  • USA breaks 25K+ cases in a day.
  • Germany likely to overtake China tomorrow.
  • India climbs up with 601+ new cases. Totaling 1998. 

The red numbers on that chart are on the crazy side too. USA and Spain with around a 1000 dead in one day? 

This doesn't show any signs of slowing down. 

US numbers are not even for full day. NY alone is expected to have more deaths tomorrow than Italy ever did in a single day. It's incredible that they still don't have nationwide lockdown, and even in locked down states the big malls like Walmart and Target are still open. 

7 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

US numbers are not even for full day. NY alone is expected to have more deaths tomorrow than Italy ever did in a single day. It's incredible that they still don't have nationwide lockdown, and even in locked down states the big malls like Walmart and Target are still open. 

From what I see and hear from colleagues and friends, majority of the blue progressive states are doing half decent job of maintaining social distance. Florida and New Orleans are likely f**ked in the next few weeks as both are known party hubs and Florida is also the place where most of the older generation goes to retire :fear: 

f**king chu people in my whatsapp are posting selfies with hashtag #selfiechallenge and wishing Happy Ram Navami in same pic. They are completely lost without any hobbies. This particular guy was a regular party freak. Now he is posting videos of him watching Zee Cine awards and other BS. Poor guy is really struggling to stay home ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/apr/02/coronavirus-live-news-global-cases-latest-updates?page=with:block-5e8566c88f087564da1e42f5#block-5e8566c88f087564da1e42f5

Philippines president orders police to shoot dead residents who break quarantine

"Quarantine measures, he said, would be strictly enforced. “I will not hesitate. My orders are to the police and military, also the barangay, that if there is trouble or the situation arises that people fight and your lives are on the line, shoot them dead. Do you understand? Dead. Instead of causing trouble, I’ll send you to the grave,” he said in a televised address."

Imagine saying this on live TV.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Decent traffic here in Nagpur, pretty chill.

Vegetable vendors at every corner (more than before), 

Grocery and dairy shops have stock and no rush at all,

only prices of dal have increased 20-25 rs, better to buy branded packed now even if at MRP.

Edited by GunnerY2J

15 hours ago, hazard12345 said:

United States asked Thailand for some protective equipments only to be told

that a shipment was en route to Thailand as a sign of help from US. :rofl:

15 hours ago, Big Boss said:

What a shitshow :rofl:

wtf :roflroll: :rofl:

14 hours ago, san_Assassin said:

Over 8.5k military docs, support staff ready to help tackle Covid-19: Army chief

More than 8,500 military doctors and support staff are ready to extend assistance to the civil administration to fight the Covid-19 pandemic, army chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane said on Wednesday. His comments came during a video-conference chaired by defence minister Rajnath Singh to review the ministry’s efforts to fight the novel coronavirus.  The army has alerted retired health professionals to stay prepared in this time of crisis.

Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat told the minister that the armed forces have made more than 9,000 hospital beds available for Covid-19 cases and separate hospitals have been earmarked to exclusively deal with the coronavirus disease.  The armed forces have earmarked 28 service hospitals for managing Covid-29 cases.

Also, five hospitals run by the armed forces are equipped to carry out Covid-19 tests and six more would be added to the list soon.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/over-8-5k-military-docs-support-staff-ready-to-help-tackle-covid-19-army-chief/story-z2Lrx8pa0wpB37dKCwarZP.html

kitna bhi appreciate karo Army ka, kam hi hain! Salute to Indian Army.

5 hours ago, swift said:

pathetic...simply pathetic, this whole area should be sealed, not a single movement should be allowed whether being an emergency or essential or sh*t what not, sadne do bc ek hi jagah pe aise logon ko.

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

shoot at sight...happens during terrorist attack, oh well, people who do not follow direct orders are no less than terrorists themselves, good decision by him

2 hours ago, Right said:

All the positivity I have kept alive, has taken a huge hit.

I think Army will have to called in if things remain same today.

Military Law should be enforced throughout the Nation...bahut ho gaya chutiyapa, abhi toh seedha pel dena chahiye.

• Like 1

One of my friend who visited delhi & came to mumbai just before the lockdown was picked up from his house in powai yesterday and sent to iit mumbai quarantine zone. No symptoms , no nothing for more than a week. Apparently the whole coach he came from had some jamaat members and everyone's being picked up and placed in quarantine. 

He's also sharing a room with a guy who looks like he attended the delhi event and is sh*ting bricks right now. What a mess. 

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

One of my friend who visited delhi & came to mumbai just before the lockdown was picked up from his house in powai yesterday and sent to iit mumbai quarantine zone. No symptoms , no nothing for more than a week. Apparently the whole coach he came from had some jamaat members and everyone's being picked up and placed in quarantine. 

He's also sharing a room with a guy who looks like he attended the delhi event and is sh*ting bricks right now. What a mess. 

This is wrong!

Only those who are showing symptoms should be quarantined. 

Those who don't should straight away tested, if negative send them home. 

6 minutes ago, Right said:

This is wrong!

They're not taking any chances. Better to pick up and quarantine one member than seal up the whole building.

Maybe someone from their coach tested positive, maybe something else

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Right said:

This is wrong!

Its better to be safe then sorry. 

If doubtful then nothing wrong in putting them in quarantine. Plus with history of quarantined people roaming around and putting others at risk it is difficult to trust any individual.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, san_Assassin said:

92138773_3116001531792848_60155018558560

Small video message means a lot of thing.

He wants it to be measured, doesn’t want to read from teleprompter as hedoes, wants that message to be checked with reviewers before airing it out.

I think it is not going to be something simple. 

I got out of home after really long for stocking up on some non essential food items for myself and my family staying away 5 kms. I have been at home since 17th.

I feel really guilty. I feel like i have failed big time. Till yesterday i had left home only twice once to deliver milk to my parents and food/prasad early yesterday morning. I am actually angry at myself.

59 minutes ago, san_Assassin said:

with new 54+ confirmed cases, we have had a very good day so far compared to last few days, lets see how it goes.  keeping our fingers crossed.

Hmm. spoke too soon buddy.

seems to be 300-400+ today :( 

Edited by Pacifier

3 hours ago, hope said:

Sonia gandhi telling to end the lockdown :wallbash: What kind of Baboon she is. :(

She of all people should know what not maintaining a strict lockdown during this time would do. :angry: Needless politicking.