Coronavirus

hope

39 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

I also read this.

What is this man. How can people be like this. The doctors are trying to help them and save their life and these people are behaving like this. 

What sort of people are they. They shouldn't be treated. These guys are a threat to the society.

FIR registered against them by UP police. They won't be able to wear their pants for a while now anyways cause UP police will put a danda in their G@@**. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Right said:

“Few minutes” only

previous speeches were good half an hr 

Mitron, ab jo bahar dika usko danda mara nahin par pichvade main diya jayega. 

End of message. 

7 hours ago, Big Boss said:

f**king A-Holes. Wtf is wrong with these grade a Ch******

24 hours update:

unknown.png

• Crossed 1 million+ total cases.
  • 750K active cases with 37K in serious/critical and 95% in mild condition.
  • 265K cases resolved with 53K total deaths which is 20%. 
  • 79K+ cases in 24 hours. Hitting new daily peak.
  • Almost 6K deaths in 24 hours. Highest so far.
  • USA with almost 30K cases in 24 hours.
  • Germany overtake China.
  • India crosses 2500+ cases with 545 new cases yesterday. 

6 hours ago, san_Assassin said:

meanwhile in China

Wet market is just a normal market for selling perishable goods. We also have vegetable, fish and meat markets like this only. How else do you expect people to buy their meats and vegetables?

Westerners buy all their food in packets. I'd rather starve to death than live like that. 

34 minutes ago, Banz said:

Wet market is just a normal market for selling perishable goods. We also have vegetable, fish and meat markets like this only. How else do you expect people to buy their meats and vegetables?

Westerners buy all their food in packets. I'd rather starve to death than live like that. 

We or westerners don’t have markets which have Dogs, Cats, Bats, Pangolins, Scorpios....being sold packaged or otherwise.

Wet markets are part of Chinese culture, though there is no proven link between them and pandemics, they should be stopped.

what you mean, you would starve to death than buying packaged goods?

America is a big country, not every county/town/city has access to abattoirs. They have very strict rules regarding handling of livestock, hygiene and procedure which makes it impossible for smaller places to keep up.
It’s a different thing altogether that capitalistic system isn’t farmer friendly and has many issues, watch Food Inc, really good documentary.

7 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

:rofl: 

?

out of all world leaders, Trump has been the most disappointing in this hour of crisis. At beginning, it felt he is on top of it, but now it is like “less than 100,000 deaths means we have done a good job”.

100,000 death means, 1.3-1.5m Americans would be infected. He thinks that is good job, God bless America.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Right said:

We or westerners don’t have markets which have Dogs, Cats, Bats, Pangolins, Scorpios....being sold packaged or otherwise.

Wet markets are part of Chinese culture, though there is no proven link between them and pandemics, they should be stopped.

what you mean, you would starve to death than buying packaged goods?

America is a big country, not every county/town/city has access to abattoirs. They have very strict rules regarding handling of livestock, hygiene and procedure which makes it impossible for smaller places to keep up.
It’s a different thing altogether that capitalistic system isn’t farmer friendly and has many issues, watch Food Inc, really good documentary.

Wet market simply means a normal market that sells perishable goods. Whether it has wildlife or not doesn't matter. All this is a war of words going on between the west and China. Do you know what a wet market is called in India or anywhere else in the world? It is just called market. We buy from "wet markets" everyday.

Westerners don't have a problem with potential disease carrying wildlife in some of these markets. They have a problem with every single thing that isn't done exactly they way they do it. That there are slaughterhouses in these markets. And they won't stop until they sell these pre-cut meat in packets, and only those animals which they approve of. Dogs and cats are domesticated and very common animals. If farmed and consumed for food, there is zero chance that they carry any unknown deadly diseases. 

Problem comes with mostly bats, as these carry many unknown diseases that may be infectious to humans. Instead of demanding a ban on wildlife or specific dangerous animals, westerners have sought a ban on the whole wet market concept. 

I don't even buy packet milk. Don't want to live in a world where people are so far removed from their food. Where you only have access to mass produced factory-made stuff. 

Anyone else who thinks that the only positives from that 'video message' were:

- The fact that if people follow it properly it will reduce the use of electricity for those 9 minutes; and

- Modi was 'aware' enough this time to let people know that there's no reason to come out and celebrate after those 9 minutes are over, something that failed big-time last time.

I know I'm grasping at straws here for the positives, but this feels utterly useless. Instead of announcing some concrete plans/packages for the migrant workers/poor, Modi announced this. No information about tests/cases/trajectory of the disease in India/growth to almost 2000 cases so soon, etc., etc., etc. Basically, so many things to talk about and shed light on, but no, "come to your doors/balconies and light a candle/torch/mobile-flashlight for 9 minutes on Sunday night." I am all for unity and everything, but can't help but think that this is useless.

Come on, be a leader you claim to be.

(Oh my, I just realised that people will now defend this and WhatsApp messages will be circulated about how this can prevent COVID-19)

I simply fail to understand how this will help that next migrant worker who will still be hoping to get home with his wife and kids so that he has some possibility of feeding them.

Oh well...

• Like 5

BTW,

"World Bank to provide $1 billion worth of emergency financing support to India" https://twitter.com/i/events/1245907206836342784

The World Bank said its first set of aid projects, amounting to $1.9 billion, will assist 25 countries with new operations are moving forward in over 40 nations using the fast-track process. The aid is to help India prevent, detect, and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and strengthen its public health preparedness. This is the largest ever health sector support from the Bank to India.

@Banz you are still not understanding, any place selling livestock is called Wet Market, that’s the word for them. But China’s (in)famous Wet Markets are known for exotic meat they sell, non-poultry stuff, which you will not find anywhere in the west.

I am pretty ok with primitive living concept, but you must know the trade-offs you are making when you go for Fresh milk vs Pasteurised milk. One provides more nutrients and other improves immunity against  TB and all sort of other ailments.

1 minute ago, Right said:

@Banz you are still not understanding, any place selling livestock is called Wet Market, that’s the word for them. But China’s (in)famous Wet Markets are known for exotic meat they sell, non-poultry stuff, which you will not find anywhere in the west.

I am pretty ok with primitive living concept, but you must know the trade-offs you are making when you go for Fresh milk vs Pasteurised milk. One provides more nutrients and other improves immunity against  TB and all sort of other ailments.

That is a personal choice and should be left to the people to decide. I personally am not interested in the micronutrients that boiling fresh milk destroys, but in the cream and milk products. 

As for the wildlife sold in the markets, there are certain animal species that are a problem and those should be restricted or banned. But westerners have called for complete ban on the whole wet market. Markets have opened up as people need the food. Where do you expect a Chinese guy to go to buy chicken or pork? 

Also do note that westerners also consume a lot of wild meat, mostly self hunted. 

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

- The fact that if people follow it properly it will reduce the use of electricity for those 9 minutes; and

- Modi was 'aware' enough this time to let people know that there's no reason to come out and celebrate after those 9 minutes are over, something that failed big-time last time.

I know I'm grasping at straws here for the positives, but this feels utterly useless. Instead of announcing some concrete plans/packages for the migrant workers/poor, Modi announced this. No information about tests/cases/trajectory of the disease in India/growth to almost 2000 cases so soon, etc., etc., etc. Basically, so many things to talk about and shed light on, but no, "come to your doors/balconies and light a candle/torch/mobile-flashlight for 9 minutes on Sunday night." I am all for unity and everything, but can't help but think that this is useless.

(Oh my, I just realised that people will now defend this and WhatsApp messages will be circulated about how this can prevent COVID-19)

I simply fail to understand how this will help that next migrant worker who will still be hoping to get home with his wife and kids so that he has some possibility of feeding them.

Oh well...

Looks like you have been sleeping.

Packages and all have been announced 2 weeks back. All have been implemented also. Workers fleeing to home towns have been stopped and facilities have been given to them.

There is a tracker if you want to see the trajectory and tests. Highly impossible to get actual figures though. 

:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

Oh well...

What help will an announcement in national television do to help migrant workers? Isn’t that supposed to be handled by the bureaucracy/administration?

I am all for symbolism, it absolutely helps us feel hopeful in these tough times.

• Like 1

I am more worried about that candle thing

People in slums here have ignitable house , last time our Pm told to bang utensils these guys came out and made such a mess. 

Now they will think its diwali and even if one of those fools sets their house on fire even by mistake  , cant imagine what will happen to the whole area :nerves:

Its a disaster waiting to happen 

Really stupid advice :unsure:

Wonder if he even hears himself before delivering his grand plans or to those IAS bureaucrats 

Edited by HotSonix
  • Like 2

I am from Indore and the situation here is terrible . 89 confirmed cases in our small tier 2 city. We have more confirmed cases than many major cities . 

That video from Indore - where stones are being are thrown at doctors was shocking for everyone here . Apparently they all were acting on whatsapp forwards which said the doctors were coming to give them lethal injection and kill them . Such stupidity I tell you ?.

All the offenders including the one who spread the message have been arrested.  The ones who threw stones later apologized . But damage has already been done . 

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Modi is a clown,instead of making videos asking people to do stupid things for his entertainment, he should be doing more substantial things which will slow down the spread

Like which country?