Coronavirus

hope

5 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Modi is a clown,instead of making videos asking people to do stupid things for his entertainment, he should be doing more substantial things which will slow down the spread

He made everyone sit at home. to stop the spread. that is what most of the countries have done to control this pandemic. what more substantial thing should he do? maybe you should contact PMO if you have more concrete measures that you wanna share?

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

What help will an announcement in national television do to help migrant workers? Isn’t that supposed to be handled by the bureaucracy/administration?

I am all for symbolism, it absolutely helps us feel hopeful in these tough times.

there are four parts of this exercise

- give people something to look forward to

- calm nerves, I personally felt really good last time after Thali Bazao

- psychological impact of community togetherness, seeing people other than your family for a change, even from a distance, something we haven’t had much lately 
- use it to make the grip firm on people, politically

All this gimmick will go for a toss when some bunch of idiots will decide to do a candle march OR burst crackers like Diwali. Modi should have learnt by now that Indian's are capable of f**king up the most basic instructions at galactic level. Just wait till this blows up on his face like Thali Bajao when thousands of people gathered on streets and danced like dumbasses.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

He made everyone sit at home. to stop the spread. that is what most of the countries have done to control this pandemic. what more substantial thing should he do? maybe you should contact PMO if you have more concrete measures that you wanna share?

Lockdown and use of masks are the only ways to stop the spread which have worked. 

Other limited option could’ve been to keep people above 60yrs in the houses in isolation and let young ones work as usual, but it wouldnt have worked, cuz even though young have lesser fatality rate, they may still require hospitalisation if infected. Our 65% population is young, we cannot manage that much crowd.

37 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Modi is a clown,instead of making videos asking people to do stupid things for his entertainment, he should be doing more substantial things which will slow down the spread

You are a clown :)

• Haha 4

The light diyas message would have worked if he also added a strict message or some fear in the people. Like saying that anyone causing law and order issues will be dealt with severely under the epidemic or nsa act or maybe even telling the people that he would be forced to call the military/CAPF's or just telling that the lockdown will continue for more than 21 days if things don't improve. In that respect this was a completely needless speech. 

Disagree with the migrant worker issue as it is not just the job of both centre but also state govts to help their people and all have done a good job except for one UT. Sops for bpl people have already being announced aby both state and centre and doling out more means more crowd at ration shops and banks. Need to avoid it till things sort of get normal. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

The light diyas message would have worked if he also added a strict message or some fear in the people. Like saying that anyone causing law and order issues will be dealt with severely under the epidemic

+1

But I feel his hands are tied, it can’t be enforced through central w/o declaring emergency.
states have to do it and few of them are not taking strict actions against violators.

He still could've said it subtly

16 hours ago, Right said:

On Republic:

Margaz folks are molesting nurses now.

I cant even.....

15 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Why tolerate the f**kers? Just shoot anyone that's creating a ruckus for the medical staff. 

14 hours ago, Big Boss said:

14 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

I vote for public execution like how they do in Saudi

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, KnackChap said:

FIR registered against them by UP police. They won't be able to wear their pants for a while now anyways cause UP police will put a danda in their G@@**. 

11 hours ago, AtheK said:

Mitron, ab jo bahar dika usko danda mara nahin par pichvade main diya jayega. 

End of message. 

^^

True to the core, people like these should be terminated/exiled immediatley, aisa log ko jine ka koi adhikaar hi nahi hain

4 hours ago, Right said:

?

out of all world leaders, Trump has been the most disappointing in this hour of crisis. At beginning, it felt he is on top of it, but now it is like “less than 100,000 deaths means we have done a good job”.

100,000 death means, 1.3-1.5m Americans would be infected. He thinks that is good job, God bless America.

AMEN :roflroll:

3 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Anyone else who thinks that the only positives from that 'video message' were:

- The fact that if people follow it properly it will reduce the use of electricity for those 9 minutes; and

- Modi was 'aware' enough this time to let people know that there's no reason to come out and celebrate after those 9 minutes are over, something that failed big-time last time.

I know I'm grasping at straws here for the positives, but this feels utterly useless. Instead of announcing some concrete plans/packages for the migrant workers/poor, Modi announced this. No information about tests/cases/trajectory of the disease in India/growth to almost 2000 cases so soon, etc., etc., etc. Basically, so many things to talk about and shed light on, but no, "come to your doors/balconies and light a candle/torch/mobile-flashlight for 9 minutes on Sunday night." I am all for unity and everything, but can't help but think that this is useless.

Come on, be a leader you claim to be.

(Oh my, I just realised that people will now defend this and WhatsApp messages will be circulated about how this can prevent COVID-19)

I simply fail to understand how this will help that next migrant worker who will still be hoping to get home with his wife and kids so that he has some possibility of feeding them.

Oh well...

57 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

45 minutes ago, Right said:

there are four parts of this exercise

- give people something to look forward to

- calm nerves, I personally felt really good last time after Thali Bazao

- psychological impact of community togetherness, seeing people other than your family for a change, even from a distance, something we haven’t had much lately 
- use it to make the grip firm on people, politically

This

I put up a message in my group and also status'd it, immediately after hearing that people should light something up, so i suggested to light up kaapur (camphor) at the main door and in the home windows, instead of burning oil.

now, for the psychological impact thing - it is a great way to promote a sense of togetherness among the masses and subsequently boosting their morale and immunity. People who know/studied Psychology will get this and appreciate what he has done in today's message.

There is also one thing to notice of, that he constantly praised the Indian People throughout his speech, this was of utmost importance as the environment is filled with negativity, stupidity and bad things (given that we are facing a world crisis, let alone a Nation). What else did we want him to do? want him to handout all the statistics which we all are already aware of? which would further create a sense of despair in the masses? If that is what we want, then better stick to the news then

3 minutes ago, Outlook said:

latest tweet from Shashi Tharoor sums it up

He thinks today is Ram navami. Actually sums up what exactly is wrong with the opposition. 

To sum up the political situation in this country right now in one line is "Andhon mein kana raja". 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

He thinks today is Ram navami. Actually sums up what exactly is wrong with the opposition. 

To sum up the political situation in this country right now in one line is "Andhon mein kana raja". 

And the video was around 11 minute 30 seconds long, not 9 minutes. He just got owned by a whatsapp forward.

1 minute ago, Big Boss said:

And the video was around 11 minute 30 seconds long, not 9 minutes. He just got owned by a whatsapp forward.

SoB got got (in r truth voice) :roflroll:

PM wants people to stay motivated through this lockdown period, generate a sense of togetherness and that we all should stick together in this fight against the enemy.  honestly speaking, during the thali event, i noticed people were actually happy (exceptions are always there). people were smiling. and that's exactly what they are aiming for here, to have patience and continue to support by staying at home :)

10 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

This sounds worse than the whatsapp forwards that said "Modiji wants to see which areas obey his instructions so that he knows which areas to send the military to" or this 

Ex times of India managing editor. :doh:

I'm not going to say this isn't a good exercise to show a sense of togetherness, because god knows we need this right now. There a sense of demoralisation everywhere I see, a sense of fear and what better to elleviate it than something however small to reunite people. It's a good thing.

You what could be better? People did it without anyone having to tell them to do it. You know what was  unique about Italy and Spain and those videos that circulated? That was Unity, that was inspiring, that tugged at my heartstrings and made me feel that humanity will survive. Even in an extremely horrible situation like theyre in, they were community, they leaned on each other for comfort, for solace. It came from the heart. The appreciation came from the heart. The whole country didn't do it at the same time because it was a spontaneous thing. Pockets of people, isolated, alone stood in their balconies with their hearts on their sleeves. That's true unity. 

So I'll stand in my balcony with a candle, because I need it, my family needs it, my neighbourhood and the people that live across the road need it. It would mean a hundredfold if we did something like this without being told.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Walker said:

I'm not going to say this isn't a good exercise to show a sense of togetherness, because god knows we need this right now. There a sense of demoralisation everywhere I see, a sense of fear and what better to elleviate it than something however small to reunite people. It's a good thing.

You what could be better? People did it without anyone having to tell them to do it. You know what was  unique about Italy and Spain and those videos that circulated? That was Unity, that was inspiring, that tugged at my heartstrings and made me feel that humanity will survive. Even in an extremely horrible situation like theyre in, they were community, they leaned on each other for comfort, for solace. It came from the heart. The appreciation came from the heart. The whole country didn't do it at the same time because it was a spontaneous thing. Pockets of people, isolated, alone stood in their balconies with their hearts on their sleeves. That's true unity. 

So I'll stand in my balcony with a candle, because I need it, my family needs it, my neighbourhood and the people that live across the road need it. It would mean a hundredfold if we did something like this without being told.

That's incorrect.

Italy, Spain were coordinated within localities through WhatsApp. UK was arranged by Govt.