Coronavirus

hope

14 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

What ! Homeopathy is so cheap.

40 rs (maybe now would be 80-100 rs)

it used to be per visit along with medicines of two days.

no this guy is super expensive. 1500 first session, 1000 after that. Your first session with the doctor will last around atleast 90 mins and he asks you all sorts of weird questions. I was :rofl: for hours once my friend finished his session and we were discussing about it. 

4 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Oh yeah. My doctor is pretty similar. He charges 500 bucks, medicine for a week. 

We visit the guy every other week, so we don't have any appointment issues (my grandmom has issues with her knees). 

But there are always 10 people waiting. He gives time slots like 7:10, 7:25, 7:45, and people queue up every evening. 

He is super rude by the way. Really rude. Still everybody comes to the guy, including me. 

He isn't rude exactly, just arrogant. He's 70 something, but man's got plenty of blood boiling. 

If people ask for medicine for two weeks, he goes like "Perhaps you should consult a different doctor, because thats not how we do things here. The door is that way." 

23 hours ago, Banz said:

US is the worst country in the world when it comes to things like this. Public is held at the mercy of a select few. 

Also patent system in India is better. We tend to not allow such evergreening of patents, whereas in USA it is allowed. This is why they still have extremely overpriced insulin, even though it was invented 100+ years ago. 

Also due to government own inefficiencies, private companies have a lot of scope in developing for the govt and bulk supplying. A friend who works in CRI, Kasauli told me that the govt. vaccine costs 3 times more to manufacture than Ranbaxy's. A prudent move for the govt. would be to give Ranbaxy and similar companies the contract to manufacture. There are a large number of companies who would be willing to do this. 

Agree with everything, but please don't use the piece of turd Ranbaxy's name anywhere near Pharma. They were no different from people sham medicine, selling drugs with no APIs or poorly controlled APIs, with almost all forged trial data. 

Unfortunately the people working there have spread to other companies after Daiichi's takeover (specially after Sun trying to clean it up, though Sun is no saint), and you'll find similar issues with the likes of Lupin, Aurobindo, Glenmark etc if you look closely. 

Ranbaxy was a different kind of evil though. I hope the Singh brothers rot in jail. 

29 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Agree with everything, but please don't use the piece of turd Ranbaxy's name anywhere near Pharma. They were no different from people sham medicine, selling drugs with no APIs or poorly controlled APIs, with almost all forged trial data. 

Unfortunately the people working there have spread to other companies after Daiichi's takeover (specially after Sun trying to clean it up, though Sun is no saint), and you'll find similar issues with the likes of Lupin, Aurobindo, Glenmark etc if you look closely. 

Ranbaxy was a different kind of evil though. I hope the Singh brothers rot in jail. 

Sorry mate. I don't know about Ranbaxy in particular. This was just one of the examples my friend from CRI gave when discussing about govt. vaccines costing, and this name stuck. I will just edit and change it to private company instead. 

Edited by Banz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Right said:

300 so far today.

finger crossed.

need to keep it below 450, let’s straighten the curve.

out of 76 cases today from TN, 75 are Jamatis. We could have got to <50 I without them.

421 as of now and many states haven't reported their numbers yet.

Also note that there were about 80k tests done yesterday ..with around 3500 cases which is around 4% positive rate.

Cases will definitely skyrocket once we increase testing.

3 minutes ago, KWC said:

421 as of now and many states haven't reported their numbers yet.

Also note that there were about 80k tests done yesterday ..with around 3500 cases which is around 4% positive rate.

Cases will definitely skyrocket once we increase testing.

What?

there were 11k tests done by ICMR and amongst them only 2.89% were positive.

10 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Getting worse day by day is Maharashtra esp mumbai. No way the lockdown or local trains will start running from 15th. :fear:

Biggest worry is Dharavi. 

It could get ugly there.

M just praying. 

14 minutes ago, hope said:

Biggest worry is Dharavi. 

It could get ugly there.

M just praying. 

I wasn't following but there was a case there as well? :nerves:

Edited by Walker

18 hours ago, adity said:

I hate homeopathy so f**king much. 

I read it as homophobia first and was wondering how that came into picture now :rofl: