Coronavirus

hope

4 minutes ago, Right said:

@Bhpian Bali give to Uday Foundation, ISKCON or best one out there, Akshay Patra.

Gurudwaras don’t usually accept donations, 

Read the whatsapp rumors about iskcon. Not very sure about em. Ill look into Akshay Patra and Uday foundation.

I was looking to deliver langar samagri at gurudwara.

17 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

https://www.akshayapatra.org

Is this the correct website?

Your link Directly takes to the payment page 

Here is their covid link. 

https://www.akshayapatra.org/covid-relief-services

You can also use milaap.org. you can find stuff that is on a smaller scale and targetted towards a specific cause over there but the downside is there MAY be a lot of frauds. If yits a genuine and trustworthy campaign runner, its better than everything else. Used it post the recent delhi riots and they gave both micro & macro level updates on both their website and whatsapp. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Your link Directly takes to the payment page 

Here is their covid link. 

https://www.akshayapatra.org/covid-relief-services

You can also use milaap.org. you can find stuff that is on a smaller scale and targetted towards a specific cause over there but the downside is there MAY be a lot of frauds. If yits a genuine and trustworthy campaign runner, its better than everything else. Used it post the recent delhi riots and they gave both micro & macro level updates on both their website and whatsapp. 

I was about to make the payment and realised i should check with you guys here.

So one of my friends has COVID. She's basically my neighbour, lives on the floor just below me.

Everyone had initially been social distancing and quarantining, but over the last 3 weeks my society folks have been taking it easy.

Almost my entire friend group has been meeting everyday in the evening. No Social Distancing or anything.

They meet each with hugs, sit with arms around each other, legs in each others laps, all sorts of weird touching.

(It was quite weird if I'm being honest, even if we were allowed to touch each other)

But I was more careful, I go down everyday but I say HI from a distance and continue to cycle within my society premises. 

Still, I guess my society will now be sealed and stuff so my parents are going out to stock up on groceries one final time. 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

So one of my friends has COVID. She's basically my neighbour, lives on the floor just below me.

Everyone had initially been social distancing and quarantining, but over the last 3 weeks my society folks have been taking it easy.

Almost my entire friend group has been meeting everyday in the evening. No Social Distancing or anything.

They meet each with hugs, sit with arms around each other, legs in each others laps, all sorts of weird touching.

(It was quite weird if I'm being honest, even if we were allowed to touch each other)

But I was more careful, I go down everyday but I say HI from a distance and continue to cycle within my society premises. 

Still, I guess my society will now be sealed and stuff so my parents are going out to stock up on groceries one final time. 

Man, that's sad. Take care, buddy! Which city, if I may ask?

Just a word of advice, if possible, I guess, you should go down and take the things required and let your parents be at home.

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

Damn! This is both scary and stupid. 

Same in our society. Children used to come down and play cricket, members used to gather together for walking, chitchat etc. Committee issued a strict notice to everyone. 

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

Man, that's sad. Take care, buddy! Which city, if I may ask?

Just a word of advice, if possible, I guess, you should go down and take the things required and let your parents be at home.

I'm not old enough to drive, or I would. It was a bunch of stuff as we're stocking up so we needed to take the car. 

Anyway they got their stuff and were home within half an hour.

Delhi. On the edge of Noida.

The MCD people have come now, they're testing the rest of the family. 

I'm guessing our society will be sealed after that.

39 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Damn! This is both scary and stupid. 

Same in our society. Children used to come down and play cricket, members used to gather together for walking, chitchat etc. Committee issued a strict notice to everyone. 

Yeah. It is pretty dumb. Its very likely that now straight up 8-10 of my friends are gonna have it, and their families by extension. 

(Although most of them are rude idiots, so screw those guys)

Yeah, even our society committee made a bunch of bs guidelines, but nobody paid heed. Yesterday around midnight I go up to the roof to catch some fresh air after cycling, and the committee members are all huddled up there having a party. :ko:

I could smell the alcohol. Hypocrites. 

On 5/8/2020 at 10:19 PM, Pushy said:

if Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan in Bhubaneswar could do that, then the Government can do much better with all that goddamn funds they received during this situation.

Could you elaborate please? I'm just curious.. :P

MCD people just came to our place. 

They didn't come in or anything obviously.

Asked for our names, age, phone numbers.

Also asked if we have much contact with the infected family.

We gave em the truth as one should - I know them, and I see her everyday but I never go near.

I wonder if my friends are gonna be lying.