Coronavirus

hope

And so many people don't even know if they have high sugar or high/low bp because they just don't do health checkups regularly. Herd immunity is simply not an option for a Country like India where current healthcare system cannot handle the population and people are generally ignorant towards their health. Mumbai already ordered all private and government hospitals to reserve 80% of their beds for Covid patients. Imagine the situation of non Covid patients now. They won't have any beds. There are so many diseases that require admission, and then there are accidents too, which will rise once the country opens up.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

And so many people don't even know if they have high sugar or high/low bp because they just don't do health checkups regularly. Herd immunity is simply not an option for a Country like India where current healthcare system cannot handle the population and people are generally ignorant towards their health. Mumbai already ordered all private and government hospitals to reserve 80% of their beds for Covid patients. Imagine the situation of non Covid patients now. They won't have any beds. There are so many diseases that require admission, and then there are accidents too, which will rise once the country opens up. 

I have read somewhere that malaria deaths have increased over the average in recent days. Since so many emergency medical staff are engaged with this pandemic, deaths by heart attacks or strokes might have increased too. And that's not even considering the needless deaths because private hospitals have been sending back some people because of Covid fears.

1 hour ago, Bhpian Bali said:

What immunity? So many people have bp or sugar and otherwise obese. Then there are smokers. Half of our population will be wiped out due to this. And due to migrant movement I dont think there is a green area anymore. Our outbreak will begin in June/July which is also our flu season. The only purpose for humans is to live through 2020 and 2021 by when we will hopefully have a vaccine.

No need to be dramatic, our mortality rate is 3%, one of the lowest in the world. Maybe it's the TB vaccine or how hygienic/unhygienic we as a country are.

We would need to isolate the vulnerable age groups and the rest continue to maintain social distancing/wear masks/ wash hands.

Vaccinate the entire country/world?! That's what.. 1.3billion in India and around 8billion I'm the world. Not happening any time soon.

14 minutes ago, AnK said:

the world leaders throughout the world are cribbing & accusing WHO & China for not warning,disclosing or opening up the correct facts on time 

which is rightly so....they should be prosecuted at the world stage for that 

But where in the monkey’s blue hell did these politicians & leaders had their heads shoved into when every media centre was showing footages

China at the same time calling stopping of China-originated flights “racist”.

China was definitely not forthcoming, they first suppressed the news at home by shunting out doctors who were talking about this “pneumonia”. 

On 14th of Jan WHO said there is no evidence of Human to Human transmission.

It is now known that Xi Jimping directly asked Tredos to downplay entire thing.

China is still not telling numbers of other cities. Cities which are less than 500km from Wuhan, we don’t even know the nb of cases there.

what certainly has failed is Intelligence and Espionage network of all the countries. China regularly hunts down CIA spies and execute them but it is hard to believe that their embassies dont even send intel cables 

12 minutes ago, KWC said:

No need to be dramatic, our mortality rate is 3%, one of the lowest in the world. Maybe it's the TB vaccine or how hygienic/unhygienic we as a country are.

We would need to isolate the vulnerable age groups and the rest continue to maintain social distancing/wear masks/ wash hands.

Vaccinate the entire country/world?! That's what.. 1.3billion in India and around 8billion I'm the world. Not happening any time soon.

There are far more people dying of Covid than what is being reported. Because hospitals are under state governments, it is quite easy for our great politicians to manipulate them to show that state is doing better.

Delhi only has at least 300 more Covid deaths than what they have publicly declared. MH had few cases where “recovered” parents died within a week after discharge.

39 minutes ago, KWC said:

I don't know about the rest of the world but India is the largest manufacturer of vaccines. Our infrastructure is huge and incomparable. The world's largest manufacturer of vaccines is Serum Institute of India, Pune. Any vaccine that is found effective will HAVE to be manufactured in India as well as we have the scale.

57 minutes ago, KWC said:

The numbers are highly underreported. There are enough videos and tweets from doctors about patients being sent away or not tested. Focus of reporting has now shifted towards recovery rate. Earlier it was all about doubling rate, as soon as doubling rate reduced, they switched to recovery numbers now. Yesterday's headlines on Maharashtra news channels was first mentioning recovered numbers. The positive cases were mentioned much later.

Also mortality rate doesn't matter when you can't get the tests done or can't get hospital beds to recover. India's biggest problem is breakdown of healthcare due to sheer number of people. The quarantine facilities are being created in stadiums or huge halls which can house 5000 beds or 7000 beds. They are sharing screenshots of such beds. The beds are like 5 feet apart with no compartment. We don't know how many toilets are there and whether they will be cleaned. And worst case is, out of 5000 quarantined, even if 100 are positive, then can infect all 5000 because of how open the quarantine facilities are and the less amount of common areas. So it's better to avoid getting infected as much as possible.

• Like 2

Am still confused what is the CFR of Covid 19, is it 0.1%, 1%, or 2% or something in between? Also India doesn't have enough hospital beds i think that's why they were making train compartments into beds. But then why would u stay in train bed when u can just stay inside ur home. And to think that govt made such a big deal of Modicare and all while Healthcare spending has been the lowest % of GDP of this govt. Also don't forget that lockdown was announced day after BJP toppled the MP govt when instead lockdown could have been done much earlier but ofcourse politics is more important.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I don't know about the rest of the world but India is the largest manufacturer of vaccines. Our infrastructure is huge and incomparable. The world's largest manufacturer of vaccines is Serum Institute of India, Pune. Any vaccine that is found effective will HAVE to be manufactured in India as well as we have the scale.

This.

Very few know of this. 

13 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I thought it was a well known fact that India is the medicine factory of the world. 

But we still import a lot of APIs from China, nearly 70% of APIs used are imported from China.

Even if we start sourcing many key ingredients from local markets or manufacture them here, we would soon hit bottleneck in drug production

China is, to all the minerals, what Bolivia is for Lithium.

I'm kind of sure that as world/india gets closer to finding vaccine/drug for Covid, China will start blocking shipping the APIs or start charging for them exorbitantly.  

Edited by Right

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

I thought it was a well known fact that India is the medicine factory of the world. 

1 hour ago, adity said:

But it won't matter if all of it will be shipped to the US and other first world countries. 

1 hour ago, Right said:

But we still import a lot of APIs from China, nearly 70% of APIs used are imported from China.

Even if we start sourcing many key ingredients from local markets or manufacture them here, we would soon hit bottleneck in drug production

China is, to all the minerals, what Bolivia is for Lithium.

I'm kind of sure that as world/india gets closer to finding vaccine/drug for Covid, China will start blocking shipping the APIs or start charging for them exorbitantly.  

Api is for medicine as in tablets/IVs..

vaccines are totally different. We are a big manufacturer of pharma but the single largest in the world for Vaccines. There are many more apart from Serum Institute.

Also in case a vaccine is found I am sure that a lot of it will be reserved for India and some shipped out. 

2 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Api is for medicine as in tablets/IVs..

vaccines are totally different. We are a big manufacturer of pharma but the single largest in the world for Vaccines. There are many more apart from Serum Institute.

Also in case a vaccine is found I am sure that a lot of it will be reserved for India and some shipped out. 

Ummm.. no.

API means Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient, and  term is used both for Drugs and Vaccines.

And we do import things, even Pulse Polio drops.

https://health.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/pharma/india-to-send-team-to-indonesia-in-connection-with-polio-vaccine-contamination-probe/66328980

1 hour ago, Right said:

Ummm.. no.

API means Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient, and  term is used both for Drugs and Vaccines.

And we do import things, even Pulse Polio drops.

https://health.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/pharma/india-to-send-team-to-indonesia-in-connection-with-polio-vaccine-contamination-probe/66328980

If the strain of the virus is also classified as an API then i dunno.

Also that's how government contracts work. If that company got a better price from Indonesia then they must have got it from there. Doesn't mean that the company couldn't procure it from India.

We dont have a robust api manufacturing capacity just because it is cheaper to import from china and elsewhere.