Coronavirus

hope

6 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

If the strain of the virus is also classified as an API then i dunno.

Also that's how government contracts work. If that company got a better price from Indonesia then they must have got it from there. Doesn't mean that the company couldn't procure it from India.

We dont have a robust api manufacturing capacity just because it is cheaper to import from china and elsewhere.

Actually, I was just giving an example that even widely used Vaccines such as Polio Drops, are imported.

And this is a lesson for us that Government shouldn't blindly go for lowest tender.

Indian businessmen have got in bad habit of procuring cheap substandard sh*t from South East Asia and then repackage it as their own and then make money by winning such tenders, placed at well below prices than the competitors who manufacture here. 

Some of the APIs (by APIs I mean some of the components NOT the final product) required to create drugs/vaccines need to be imported, no harm in that, but we must produce final product here, which passes all quality standards,
And even if it is priced higher, there are the areas like this, we shouldn't take risks.

7 hours ago, Big Boss said:

The numbers are highly underreported. There are enough videos and tweets from doctors about patients being sent away or not tested. Focus of reporting has now shifted towards recovery rate. Earlier it was all about doubling rate, as soon as doubling rate reduced, they switched to recovery numbers now. Yesterday's headlines on Maharashtra news channels was first mentioning recovered numbers. The positive cases were mentioned much later.

Also mortality rate doesn't matter when you can't get the tests done or can't get hospital beds to recover. India's biggest problem is breakdown of healthcare due to sheer number of people. The quarantine facilities are being created in stadiums or huge halls which can house 5000 beds or 7000 beds. They are sharing screenshots of such beds. The beds are like 5 feet apart with no compartment. We don't know how many toilets are there and whether they will be cleaned. And worst case is, out of 5000 quarantined, even if 100 are positive, then can infect all 5000 because of how open the quarantine facilities are and the less amount of common areas. So it's better to avoid getting infected as much as possible.

Agree to under-reporting. Well how does one avoid getting infected? It is possible for you and me sitting at home typing on the computer to maintain or observe strict lockdown, but not for the masses. 

People are going to die unfortunately :(  and this is a failure of the government (past and present). I read a quote somewhere that said the virus didn't break the system! Just that it exposed it for what it was.

We have lakhs of unsold flats that the developers and politicians have managed to create and yet we have millions of people living homeless. We weren't able to give food and shelter to the migrant workers for a mere 2 months!

I truly think we will be the most affected country because of this crisis economically and morally.

A vaccine is not going to come out anytime soon so we should just strike that one out. There just hasn't been enough time to see if there are other side effects and I for one would not be likely to vaccinate myself with a drug that has had what 5-6 months of testing.

Edited by KWC

Lockdown extended till May 31st.

-All domestic, international flights, public transport (railways, metro) to remain closed.

- interstate bus travel up to States.

- schools, colleges, malls, gyms, religious places closed 

- all shops open, including barber shops. 

- 7pm to 7am curfew to remain

- sports complex and stadiums can host sporting events without crowd (BCCI pressure?)

- individual states can make their own amendments to the order. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

2347 cases in Maharashtra today, over 1500 of them reported only from Mumbai. :suicide:

Actually, 600 odd cases are from last couple of weeks which were added today.

But still...

BTW CRPF guys were attacked with talwars for asking some people to put mask on.

FIR followed. FIRs aren't enough.

17 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

2347 cases in Maharashtra today, over 1500 of them reported only from Mumbai. :suicide:

But still...

23 minutes ago, Right said:

But still...

Is CRPF even deployed here? Only saw some video of RAF guys doing flag march in Pune 

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Lockdown extended till May 31st.

-All domestic, international flights, public transport (railways, metro) to remain closed.

- interstate bus travel up to States.

- schools, colleges, malls, gyms, religious places closed 

- all shops open, including barber shops. 

- 7pm to 7am curfew to remain

- sports complex and stadiums can host sporting events without crowd (BCCI pressure?)

- individual states can make their own amendments to the order. 

Abhi aayega boss ka message, ' let's get back to the office guys, it's safe now as per the govt. come to office with the app downloaded.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

Yes. 

Personally i would only go out when necessary. Things arnt normal right now and wont be for a long time. Get a haircut at home if possible, i got it.

Yeah cases are only going up. I realise businesses needs income to sustain, but I had hoped restrictions would not be eased to this extent.

3 more cases in the societies next to me. We share common walls with these societies. 

58 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

@Walker this guy is coming from Pune

but why?? Pubs, shacks and other touristy things are closed. Of course alcohol is available so that's there. Either way the country on the whole is f**ked so bring it on I guess.

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

@Walker this guy is coming from Pune

but why?? Pubs, shacks and other touristy things are closed. Of course alcohol is available so that's there. Either way the country on the whole is f**ked so bring it on I guess.

46 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

At least you no longer are required to install their dogshit spyware app. Looks like they finally gave that up. 

If you are talking about Aarogya Setu, then I just read an article that MHA has mandated all public and private sector employees returning to office to download and install that app. The security in the companies are supposed to verify if the employees have it installed before letting them in.

Edited by l33tmaniac

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I'd say avoid whatever is avoidable.

I don't think I'll go to the barber's for the rest of the year at least :P

Yup. No barber, no malls, restaurant, cinema hall visits for me till December for me. I will only go to office if my job is on the line.