Coronavirus

hope

21 minutes ago, Right said:

Karnataka is in this situation today because it enforced the lockdown better than any other state.

Contact tracing, surveys, isolating cases and testing all contacts have got it where it is.

Have you seen Karnataka‘s daily heath bulletin, it ia treasure trove of information.

Something no other state could even dream to match.

MH f**kes it up from the beginning, what they are doing right now is just PR, with no substance. And they still doing wrong.

They should've had built a temparory hospital and should've tested like crazy.

What they are busy in gagging people from  talking about the mess, and spewing sh*t like that news piece.

Enforcing lockdown and having to treat large number of patients at the same time are 2 very very different problems.

Mumbai did not enforce lockdown well. The odds were stacked against them anyways. Karnataka, meanwhile did and are still doing a great job. We can see that from the numbers. But now is not the time to cry over spilt milk. That time is gone, and now it's a question of trying to treat the 30000 odd people who are already infected without letting too many die.

What Mumbai is dealing with right now is something that Karnataka has never had to face (during this pandemic).
Karnataka is tracking, testing and isolating well, and as of yet its hospitals aren't overwhelmed. If ever it reaches a stage like that, it'd be better if they were ready beforehand.
What they're having to is equivalent to prevention. Prevention is far better than cure, I but it can't be the only strategy. If it fails they should be ready to treat a large number of patients in a short span of time.

23 minutes ago, Banz said:

What Mumbai is dealing with right now is something that Karnataka has never had to face (during this pandemic).

You still aren't getting the point.

Forget about KA, MH's response has been atrocious, directionless.

The way they are "treating" people is for everyone to see, I do not see how their model or strategies (if there is one) can be used/should be used anywhere.

1 hour ago, Walker said:

Good to see someone with an actual balanced and well thought out view than the usual let's sh*t on MH because numbers. Did MH make mistakes, of course, but the trend here was always MH is f**ked without bothering to look at why. Aside from being a hub Mumbai is also 3 times as densely populated as lets say Bangalore. Social distancing was never going to really work there, no matter what measures you put in place.

It's more like make excuses for MH's high score because le fascist, nazi communal, capitalist etc party doesn't run it. :giggle:

Bet no one would be talking about another state which has a terrible high mortality due to covid, with only 1/3 the cases of MH.

idk bro, tell us about this state, after all i'm sure it is in it's condition because it is run by a a certain political party correct? :giggle: , no need to bother about looking at the why isn't it :rofl: ?

On 5/27/2020 at 8:48 PM, adity said:

Not the place for f**king 4chan conspiracy theories. 

21 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

f**king 4chan posts now:rofl::rofl:

Udham, next time only post things from thewire.in  and AltNews :rofl:

lol aside from 4CHAN BAD

ab67706c0000da84601d4851db6f762ddb3ae10d

China has benefited greatly from this pandemic for all it's political objectives, like getting attention away from the whole Uyghur concentration camp thing, or shutting down the Hong Kong regime change protests, aside from having devastated all EU, Canada , AUS NZ type countries' economies so that they are much more dependent on Chinese spending and trade.

And getting some free Kilometres of land in Ladakh to boot :rofl:

I'm sure their government will deploy a YUGE stimulus package sometime soon that will promote gif related reactions from foreign investors

8EIp.gif

meanwhile thanks to UP Bihar walas who will shuttle between native villages and whatever metro cities they work in, the entire country will be dealing with covid19 for like 6 months or a year who knows?

People like Uddhav will continue doing "Lockdown" without actually enforcing it properly, the economy will stay in the gutter, investors will pull their money out, and who knows how many will  lose their jobs.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Banz said:

Enforcing lockdown and having to treat large number of patients at the same time are 2 very very different problems.

Mumbai did not enforce lockdown well. The odds were stacked against them anyways. Karnataka, meanwhile did and are still doing a great job. We can see that from the numbers. But now is not the time to cry over spilt milk. That time is gone, and now it's a question of trying to treat the 30000 odd people who are already infected without letting too many die.

Karnataka is tracking, testing and isolating well, and as of yet its hospitals aren't overwhelmed. If ever it reaches a stage like that, it'd be better if they were ready beforehand.
What they're having to is equivalent to prevention. Prevention is far better than cure, I but it can't be the only strategy. If it fails they should be ready to treat a large number of patients in a short span of time.

Mumbai is already in the so called "community transmission" stage, how many will you treat? some guys recover or die and you will have 20 in their place.

Everyday India and Maharashtra are making new High scores :rofl:

Maharashtra has progressed beyond the point where  lockdown will help when they didn't bother with contact tracing and testing early on.

Mumbai is already in the so called "community transmission" stage, how many will you treat? some guys recover or die and you will have 20 in their place.

Maharashtra has progressed beyond the point where  lockdown will help when they didn't bother with contact tracing and testing early on.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.timesofindia.com/india/no-community-spread-yet-sero-surveys-on-icmr/amp_articleshow/76021958.cms

No community transmission, don't worry everything is ok

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.timesofindia.com/india/no-community-spread-yet-sero-surveys-on-icmr/amp_articleshow/76021958.cms

No community transmission, don't worry everything is ok

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

What other option is there, other than to treat? Because stopping the spread is going to be tough. Even if they did something to bring the spread under control, all the previously infected people still have to be treated, and they have already overwhelmed the health system.
That's what I've said in my earlier post. What other states like Karnataka do now (track and test) is not going to be too useful in Mumbai anymore. Better be prepared for a deluge of cases and have enough beds to handle that.

There are only 4 places in the country (Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Chennai) where the situation went to community spread and every one of those will make a good case study.

17 minutes ago, Banz said:

What other option is there, other than to treat? Because stopping the spread is going to be tough. Even if they did something to bring the spread under control, all the previously infected people still have to be treated, and they have already overwhelmed the health system.
That's what I've said in my earlier post. What other states like Karnataka do now (track and test) is not going to be too useful in Mumbai anymore. Better be prepared for a deluge of cases and have enough beds to handle that.

There are only 4 places in the country (Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Chennai) where the situation went to community spread and every one of those will make a good case study.

Why not Pune in this list? Or Malegaon? Both are having signs of Community spread.

Possibly. I didn't check those numbers in detail before. 

At least in Pune's case the growth rate is fairly low. About half the cases have recovered already, and the ratio of new cases to recoveries is low.  

Individual municipal corporations in Thane are going to overtake the whole of Pune very soon with the way things are going here. All because the borders with Mumbai were kept open (and still are). 

Someone sent me a saamna paper image in WA that said they are planning to open locals and metro soon with the new BMC Commissioner's photo along the story. Couldn't read the whole story as it was pixelated but is it true? or fake forward like the "locusts are in mumbai" that was circulating whole day

5 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Someone sent me a saamna paper image in WA that said they are planning to open locals and metro soon with the new BMC Commissioner's photo along the story. Couldn't read the whole story as it was pixelated but is it true? or fake forward like the "locusts are in mumbai" that was circulating whole day

f**k knows. Last I heard they were thinking June 15 but nothing since then.

13 hours ago, Big Boss said:

7222 new cases by now. 2598 Maharashtra, 318 Pune city. Delhi went 1000+ first time. Stricter lockdown is needed, unless you want millions to die for economy.

Delhi isn't looking good. My area has had a lot of cases in the past 1 week, almost every society has a couple COVID cases. 

And since there isn't a government enforced lockdown, people are going about doing whatever. If you open up malls again, I'd bet there would be people coming there too.

I honestly feel we should go back to Stage-1 Lockdown for two weeks or so, till the numbers creep down a little bit :( 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Delhi isn't looking good. My area has had a lot of cases in the past 1 week, almost every society has a couple COVID cases. 

And since there isn't a government enforced lockdown, people are going about doing whatever. If you open up malls again, I'd bet there would be people coming there too.

I honestly feel we should go back to Stage-1 Lockdown for two weeks or so, till the numbers creep down a little bit :( 

Situation in Delhi is bad, real bad.