Coronavirus

hope

6 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

There are two groups, one are the gangsta blacks, like literal gangsta goon types, they are interested mainly in looting, after which some of the loot is used for personal consumption, the rest will probably be offloaded in black market.

The other are these violent Marxist, communist groups, the most (in)famous of these is called Antifa, these groups are mainly made up of young whites, and unlike the "gangsta blacks" they are not all that interested in looting, but more in arson attacks and "standing up to the fascist oppressor" along with #f**kTheRich, these Antifa style commie groups even if they do loot will give away the loot to other "protestors" around, since they do all this mainly for ideology and rhetorical points, not for material gains.

Jeez, talk about a dumb post

7 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

This does nothing. People will ignore it and move on. You need to make a noise if you want change. This is basically saying "protest in a way that can be ignored easily plz" 

Pretty much. 

"The argument of the broken window pane is the most valuable argument in modern politics." Pankhurst was right over a 100 years ago, probably not in the way she intended. You can stand by the side of the road for a decade holding a placard and no one will give a sh*t. Step in the middle and stop the traffic and suddenly everyone notices. 

The ONLY thing that has consistently changed the world for the better are protests that disrupt the status quo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

As per the guidelines yes but most Private orgs have opened up.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

If they are planning to start with more than 10% capacity, report them anonymously, they should be shut down.

6 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Which university/college is asking you to write physical exams by coming to campus right now?

IPU basically had this notice, that once lock down is over(which it is has kinda started) they'll start with allotting centers like they do and all

If they are planning to start with more than 10% capacity, report them anonymously, they should be shut down.
This does not work at all in India, they will find you and fire you.

This does not work at all in India, they will find you and fire you.

3 hours ago, harjas said:

IPU basically had this notice, that once lock down is over(which it is has kinda started) they'll start with allotting centers like they do and all

I have heard that IPU is doing that but one of my friends is in IPU and his college did not forward this notice and went ahead with doing much of the evaluation online.

Anyway, the lockdown for colleges is not over, atleast till July.

10 hours ago, harjas said:

Lockdown for colleges isnt over till July. Dont worry, plenty of time for you to revise the syllabus.

Also it seems a little silly they are still alloting different centres at this time. Very difficult for people to travel to their own college, let alone the centres in remote locations they have. 

I remember for the last 2 years of my Btech, I was assigned HMR as a centre :fear:

Some positive news, good work should be acknowledged :  

https://www.thequint.com/news/india/coronavirus-for-a-population-of-12-crore-why-bengaluru-has-only-300-covid-cases

From the above link :

For a population of approximately 1.2 crores, Bengaluru city has had just 385 reported cases of COVID-19 infections as of 1 June, way less than what cities like Chennai and Mumbai report in a single day.

In comparison, Chennai has 15,770 cases, Mumbai has 40,877 cases, and New Delhi has 20,834 cases as of 1 June. Out of Bengaluru's 385 cases, 237 have recovered, and only 136 people are under treatment for the virus.

The first smart call taken by the Karnataka government was allowing experts to run the show without political interference. The bureaucracy did not question or ignore the medical experts advising them.

“In Karnataka, the driving force (against COVID) was the health department. We never had an instance where they turned down our suggestions. Even if an idea was counter-intuitive, after deliberations, they implemented it. The trust placed in the experts was astonishing.”

card__1_.jpg?auto=format,compress&w=1200

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Some positive news, good work should be acknowledged :  

https://www.thequint.com/news/india/coronavirus-for-a-population-of-12-crore-why-bengaluru-has-only-300-covid-cases

From the above link :

This is the first public praise of Karnataka government thought very late govt deserves all this for the stellar work.

On 5/30/2020 at 7:05 PM, hope said:

New guidelines

Le open everything 

:rofl:

On 6/1/2020 at 7:56 PM, i_rock098 said:

As per the guidelines yes but most Private orgs have opened up.

yes, opened up, but not at full strength 

19 minutes ago, AnK said:

Plague

Famine(because of plague)

Flood(Cyclone)

Insect Attack

EarthQuakes 

War on borders

Cyclone(again) 

Riots in cities 

This is something beyond our powers 

sab karmo ka phal hain bhaisaab :puspa:

24 minutes ago, AnK said:

Plague

Flood(Cyclone)

Insect Attack

EarthQuakes 

War on borders

Cyclone(again) 

Riots in cities 

Yup and we have just entered June :(

1 hour ago, adity said:

Last of us chapter 3 by the end of the year. 

Last thing we need are the clickers

The cyclones and severe weather is just the beginning. Shouldn't have burnt the fking rain forests in the Amazon basin last year.

Also daddy's little boy is in charge of environment and tourism and is handling cyclone crisis. RIP in pieces Mumbai.

• Like 1

It's only drizzling so far and there have been 3 powercuts today already. If that cyclone hits and is as destructive as predicted, I don't think we'll have electricity at all for 1-2 days.

2 hours ago, AnK said:

Plague

Flood(Cyclone)

Insect Attack

EarthQuakes 

War on borders

Cyclone(again) 

Riots in cities 

Murphy's law