Coronavirus

hope

13 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

What? How can he by asymptomatic and still die?

I've seen some reports of cases where people were asymptomatic for a long time and then suddenly health deteriorates over a few hours and they die. 

On 6/8/2020 at 8:35 PM, mohit9206 said:

My office starting from tommorow (Mumbai), am sure it will be a shitshow. Last i heard only 10% capacity is allowed for private office but our company is calling everyone to work from tommorow.

I think you might be confusing Kejriwal with someone else.

I do not have a dog in the center v state(s) issue.

My opinion is the Central government as well as many state governments have failed to serve the people. The blame also lies with the people who have been flouting the lockdown norms.

The whole point of the Lockdown was to slow the spread of the virus and increase the capacity of the hospital beds, isolation wards, icu beds, testing capacity, etc.

13 minutes ago, AnK said:

Please elaborate 

this is the first instance that I’m reading listening about such a scenario 

so far no where in the world news I have seen mention of such cases 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.firstpost.com/india/bmc-deputy-commissioner-shirish-dixit-dies-after-testing-positive-for-coronavirus-55-yr-old-was-asymptomatic-till-monday-evening-8465741.html/amp

This ain't new though. 

Edited by kaka_messi

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

It says cause of death is not known yet 

so it’s not a far fetched imagination that he was an asymptomatic who fell ill due to some other reason & co-incidentally also tested positive 

The number of asymptomatic or negligible mild-symptomatic subjects is too high for our imagination right now 

a lot of ppl are carrying this virus in some form right now 

which is kinda of a good thing 

it’ll be easier to reach herd immunity 

Till last week, there were 24 registered cases and 5 were asymptomatic (in my office). Out of 24 people, 2 have died and both of them showed zero sign/symptoms when one fine day all of a sudden their health went south. They were rushed to hospital where corno test was conducted and they were corna positive. Both of them died in 48 to 72 hours after that.

So yeah this world still does not understand cornovirus that well. Stay safe! Stay strong!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Banz said:

I've seen some reports of cases where people were asymptomatic for a long time and then suddenly health deteriorates over a few hours and they die. 

Yeah. Actually I have read cases like that.

Shahid Siddiqui’s niece died just like that.

On 6/7/2020 at 4:22 PM, Big Boss said:

WHO which first hid the outbreak from the world and is changing its stance about HCQ every other day, and ICMR which has now said that patients can be discharged after 10 days without testing, and people have died hours after discharge, and they also say there is no community transmission. Care to tell us what guidelines did the barber follow?

Also around 70% of all cases in India have been asymptomatic which means they had no fever or any other symptoms. So how did you make sure barber didn't have corona?

You took so much risk for something completely non-essential yet highly risky like haircut? Do you have a modelling assignment coming up which is more important than your or your family's life? At least don't recommend others if you are fine to continue the stupidity.

Hair cut was done at home but outside of the house in balcony away from all family members and then i also stayed away from family members for 4 to 5 days wearing N95 mask. No symptoms nothing till now

As far precaution is concerned then,

Uraban clap guy was wearing a n95 mask and over it a regular cough/sneezing mask, plastic Gloves, his hair was covered with plastic cover and shoes as well. He sanitized all equipment infront of me with sanitized spray. He was using Setu app which showed no cases in entire sector and it also in green zone and his own app was showing his last 4 days body temperature that he recorded at his work place and on entrance his temperature was recorded by Society guards with infrared thermometer. Everyone who enters society gets temperature check in my society. And i myself was wearing mask during hair cut lol 

My hair was getting out of control big and this insane crazy heat here was really bothering me. I get your point and you not wrong but i took all precautions.

Edited by WhiteWolf

13 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Bhai tu pehle soch kiya kar and fir likha kar. Andha dhun mat type kara kar.

You do realise its a public fund and is

subject to public scrutiny?

Bro, don't argue with him regarding Modiji. 

You'll lose your mind with his mind-numbing loyalty. ?

All these precautions are useless when patient is asymptomatic. They have no fever. The number of such cases in India was over 50k in mid week of May. So all those temperature checks are just for false sense of safety. If N95 masks and PPE kits were so safe, then how did the doctors and nurses who take utmost safety measures get infected?  The biggest and safest safety measure is to avoid all type of contact. Once you are in contact, you can only reduce the possibility of infection, not eliminate it.

Edited by Big Boss
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AnK said:

Please elaborate 

this is the first instance that I’m reading listening about such a scenario 

so far no where in the world news I have seen mention of such cases 

Can't find anything for asymptomatic patients dying quickly (except for the BMC dy Comissioner himself) but here is an article from April about patients with mild symptoms suddenly getting very sick and dying. 

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nation/current-affairs/230420/sudden-death-of-covid-19-patients-worrying-doctors.html

5 minutes ago, rad2689 said:

Bro, don't argue with him regarding Modiji. 

You'll lose your mind with his mind-numbing loyalty. ?

It's not loyalty, it's hero worship. Many many Indians have it. They will praise their heroes like SRK, Salman, Tendulkar, Dravid, Modi, Trump, Yogi, Kejriwal, Pawar etc, and will never ever accept their flaws or just ignore them. This phenomenon has become massive in this age of social media. Earlier it was limited to movies and sports so there was not much social impact, but now it has extended in politics and such hero worship can change how the world works.

6 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

All these precautions are useless when patient is asymptomatic. They have no fever. The number of such cases in India was over 50k in mid week of May. So all those temperature checks are just for false sense of safety. If N95 masks and PPE kits were so safe, then how did the doctors and nurses who take utmost safety measures got infected?  The biggest and safest safety measure is to avoid all type of contact. Once you are in contact, you only reduce the possibility of infection, not eliminate it.

Ya you right but now what's done is done. Its been almost 7 days no symptoms. 

I Went overboard with precautions ab baki bhagwaan malik. 

13 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Bhai tu pehle soch kiya kar and fir likha kar. Andha dhun mat type kara kar.

You do realise its a public fund and is

subject to public scrutiny?

Dude, itz bhakti ki shakti.. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

It's not loyalty, it's hero worship. Many many Indians have it. They will praise their heroes like SRK, Salman, Tendulkar, Dravid, Modi, Trump, Yogi, Kejriwal, Pawar etc, and will never ever accept their flaws or just ignore them. This phenomenon has become massive in this age of social media. Earlier it was limited to movies and sports so there was not much social impact, but now it has extended in politics and such hero worship can change how the world works.

India is divided between two kind of people 

1. Modi Chu* hai

2. Modi jaisa koi nahi

Reality lies elsewhere and that is like anyone else he is prone to make mistake.

There is no perfect solution in a federal democracy for a pandemics like this,

you will have millions banging Thaalis in the balcony to cheer Healthcare workers and millions spitting at them & chasing them away.

But if you are safe today amongst millions, you gotta appreciate the early call given for lockdown. If you are infected and having difficulty in getting care then you should blame govts for not using precious time to create temp health infra.

18 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Ya you right but now what's done is done. Its been almost 7 days no symptoms. 

I Went overboard with precautions ab baki bhagwaan malik. 

Get a good hair trimmer, easy to keep hair growth in check. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Get a good hair trimmer, easy to keep hair growth in check. 

Suggest a good one if you are using.

i checked a few beard trimmers in Chroma, guy wasn’t sure which one would be ok on hair.

32 minutes ago, Right said:

Suggest a good one if you are using.

i checked a few beard trimmers in Chroma, guy wasn’t sure which one would be ok on hair.

I am using philips BT3221, works pretty well. 

https://www.tatacliq.com/philips-series-3000-bt3221-15-beard-trimmer-grey-black/p-mp000000003192646

• Like 1