Coronavirus

hope

12 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

I think sh*t has started to hit the fan in the containment zones. So far, I was only hearing some random infections. But now, I'm starting to hear horror stories of people I know, or related.  

Things are getting scarier by the day. Wondering if its better to evacuate the area, where I live in Chennai (half the ppl are just f*kin stupid here)

Also, I'm hearing about this homeopathic medicine called (Arsenic album 30) being given to frontline workers in some states like (Gujarat, Assam, TN etc.,), and it seems some governments have passed order to approve it as a potential prophylactic drug. Anyone has thoughts on that? Thinking of getting it.

I got that medicine and took the dose too lol. Homeopathic medicines are placebo and psychological. My parents wanted to go for them so I thought wth, let's get it for them. I got them from rxhomeo.

5 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I got that medicine and took the dose too lol. Homeopathic medicines are placebo and psychological. My parents wanted to go for them so I thought wth, let's get it for them. I got them from rxhomeo.

3 minutes ago, adity said:

Homeopathy is literally just sugar pills. It's downright dangerous to use it as it might give you a false sense of security and make you less careful. 

Thats what I thought too. Then I saw a guy on TV channel, talking about it as though its THE miracle cure, having some study papers and sh*t in hand.

So, I thought WTH, let's just try it, its not gonna hurt (hopefully). 

Nah it doesn't hurt and it doesn't do anything too lol. Here's a basic concept of homeopathy in layman terms:

They believe that if your body is affected by some component, the body can recover faster if same component is given in extremely controlled quantity. For example, Arsenic is a metal and it's poisoning causes symptoms like fever, breathlessness, diarrhea etc which are similar to corona symptoms. So if Arsenic is given to you in a diluted manner (30 times diluted) then your body will generate antibodies to fight those symptoms. So if you get infected by coronavirus, these antibodies will be already ready and you will either not catch corona or recover quickly. This is their logic lol. And they ask to repeat the dosage each month for 3 days only to regenerate antibodies. In Maharashtra and Gujarat, they are giving this in containment zones and to frontline "corona warriors" Homeopathy also has a concept called "race" Basically, they differentiate between people of various regions. For example, if Maharashtra and Gujarat people have been eating similar type of food (in this case local wheat and rice) their build or race is similar, so a specific type of homeopathic medicine will be more effective (Arsenic Album 30) in this case. In Kerala or up north or somewhere, they are giving something different. In Iran it was something else. It's their "science" basically. I don't believe in it at all since it sounds all hogwash.

HCQ is also being given as prophylactic, its concept is also similar, to have antibodies develop before corona infection or something similar. But HCQ has side effects like messing up heart beat rhythm etc, so it requires medical prescription and shouldn't be taken without doctor's advice.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, adity said:

Is that the one near jumbo King? If so, that was a hot circle of garbage. Ordered 2 pizzas. One had salad dressing as the sauce and one had salsa. It was so horrible, I couldn't even finish it. 

No idea about Mumbai but it has several outlets in Pune. They have 7 cheese pizza and that's the only one I tried and it reminded me of pizzas I had in New York.

Tbh the best pizza I ever had is Singas Pizza in New Jersey. f**king hell those were some amazing pizzas. I really miss those pizzas. And then the pizzas near Brooklyn bridge. They say that the tap water of New York has some organisms who make the pizza crust extra crispy and the f**kers actually export the tap waters to different states where restaurant make pizzas from that water and advertise it that way lol. Read here: https://www.wnyc.org/story/water-really-key-new-york-citys-pizza-supremacy/

Anyways enough offtopic but damn I love pizzas and haven't had one in ages. f**k CORONA MAN.

7 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Joey's or Eva's pizza is better. ??

Joes > Joeys >>>> EVAs

6 hours ago, Big Boss said:

La pinoz pizza is the best.

Trash tier pizza

1 hour ago, adity said:

I've had joey's innumerable times and love it. But queen Margherita's is pretty awesome. Their sauces and ingredients are heavenly. 

Mah man.....

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

No idea about Mumbai but it has several outlets in Pune. They have 7 cheese pizza and that's the only one I tried and it reminded me of pizzas I had in New York.

Tbh the best pizza I ever had is Singas Pizza in New Jersey. f**king hell those were some amazing pizzas. I really miss those pizzas. And then the pizzas near Brooklyn bridge. They say that the tap water of New York has some organisms who make the pizza crust extra crispy and the f**kers actually export the tap waters to different states where restaurant make pizzas from that water and advertise it that way lol. Read here: https://www.wnyc.org/story/water-really-key-new-york-citys-pizza-supremacy/

Anyways enough offtopic but damn I love pizzas and haven't had one in ages. f**k CORONA MAN.

Bhai hum US nahi ja sakte...but Ive heard about them importing tap water from NYC.

Also Queen Margherita >>> 90% of of all pizza chains in Mumbai

But back to the topic...Jesus Christ wtf is going on here, people dead in the sreets, goct doesnt given damn, aatma nirbhar bano aur maro

7 hours ago, KnackChap said:

At this rate, won't be surprised if zombies or alien attack happens this year. 

Hope someone doesn't turn it into a "Bhagvaan ka chamatkar" and leak it on watsapp groups, else people will start going there to receive blessings. :fear:

Edited by Django_3101

unknown.png

• 134705 cases in last 24 hours. HIGHEST since the beginning. 
  • India cross 12k+ mark. Going to overtake UK and Spain today. 
  • 10 June has seen numbers higher than usual in Brazil (+33.1K), India (+12.4K), Chile (+5.7K), Pakistan (+5.4K), Peru (+5.1K), Mexico (+4.2K), Saudi Arabia (+3.7K), and Bangladesh (+3.2K)

^^ I don't get the numbers, why is the total still marked 2.8L+ when half of them have already recovered ?

Some silver linings :

1. That thread posted by walker gives some assurance that ppl can recover on their own.  Maybe there's some truth to the reports that recoveries are higher than the active cases ?

2. Also, the death count  (2.34% of the total reported cases ) indicative that most of the ppl who've caught the infection are asymptomatic (can we call them unaffected ?) ?

^^ I don't get the numbers, why is the total still marked 2.8L+ when half of them have already recovered ? Shouldn't they be reporting only the active cases ?

Some silver linings :

1. That thread posted by walker gives some assurance that ppl can recover on their own.  Maybe there's some truth to the reports that recoveries are higher than the active cases ?

2. Also, the death count  (2.34% of the total reported cases ) indicative that most of the ppl who've caught the infection are asymptomatic , can we call them unaffected as well ? 

5 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

^^ I don't get the numbers, why is the total still marked 2.8L+ when half of them have already recovered ? Shouldn't they be reporting only the active cases ?

Some silver linings :

2. Also, the death count  (2.34% of the total reported cases ) indicative that most of the ppl who've caught the infection are asymptomatic , can we call them unaffected as well ? 

Read all the posts and you will get the answer about high recovery numbers. Also start watching local news channels to get actual situation. There is absolutely no silver lining. Asymptomatic people have developed symptoms and died within a day or developed critical symptoms. This accounts to 10% of total cases. Also I don't trust these Twitter stories by non verified people, especially young guys and girls. This generation will post anything, positive or negative, just to get attention on Social media. Take it with a huge grain of salt.

Who the heck knows anything anymore? All I know is things have gone to literal sh*t around my location. Everyday some 20-30 cases in one place, plus CM saying it's difficult to do more tests because of backlog hence no tests were done for 2 days, and yesterday in the hotspot they had to be forced to do more testing (all of glorious 18 tests lol). The Municipal corp was shut down as one worker was found positive. Remote villages have sprung cases as well and have gone into voluntary lockdown, while my town which is the epicenter here is still up and running.

Unofficial move to herd immunity is on everyone's lips here.

15 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

How is Brazil posting so many numbers? Are they actually testing that many people every day to have 30k+ infected?

Their numbers are crazy. 1.1 million tests, 775k positive. Around 60-65% ppl tested are positive. Insane.