Coronavirus

hope

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

20200612_193906.jpg

Chu govt were quick to invoke epidemic act and put MSME manufacturing masks, sanitizers etc as essential commodities and regulate prices. Why aren't they doing the same for these criminals?

What about Modicare? Does it cover Coronavirus ? And there was a govt health insurance scheme where you only pay 10rs per month or something , does it cover this?

Yes. Pmjay covers covid and the other is term insurance which should also be covered and it's 1rs per day so 365 pa. One good thing the govt did early one is make irda issue a statement that made all existing mediclaim policies cover covid cases unlike usa where insurance companies declined to treat covid patients who had existing health policies. 

16 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Yes. Pmjay covers covid and the other is life insurance which should also be covered. One good thing the govt did early one is make irda issue a statement that made all existing mediclaim policies cover covid cases unlike usa where insurance companies declined to treat covid patients who had existing health policies. 

Last month, I made a friend buy personal cover. 

There is 1month waiting period from the date of issue of policy.

Anyhoo, just a tip for everyone here: 

Get one cover if you don't have from your employer OR it is of less amount.
My HDFC RM informed that they have come with a family floater of 10L which I believe is cheapest (10L for 2A+1K)., ~12k.

I have a family plan of 3 lacs each for 2A and 1K for 12k. On top of that I bought 20 lacs booster/ top up policy from ola money for 1800 rs. Agency is manipal cigna.

It is a 2 lac deductable policy thats why it is 1800 as my previous plan was for 2 lacs per person. For 3 lacs deductible it is  999 rs for 20 lacs cover.

5 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I have a family plan of 3 lacs each for 2A and 1K for 12k. On top of that I bought 20 lacs booster/ top up policy from ola money for 1800 rs. Agency is manipal cigna.

It is a 2 lac deductable policy thats why it is 1800 as my previous plan was for 2 lacs per person. For 3 lacs deductible it is  999 rs for 20 lacs cover.

Hey give details.

where did you buy it from?

13 hours ago, adity said:

That's like really cheap. I was paying 24k for 3 adults. Will have to check now. 

I paid around 37k this year for 2A and 1k, cover is for 25L. Used to be from Apollo Munich but now HDFC ergo has taken over, will port to star health on next renewal. But its a premium tier policy which literary covers everything including dental and pregnancy (with 3 or 4 year cooling down period)

• Like 1