Coronavirus

hope

10 hours ago, Right said:

Knock it off dude. 

This is what we have turned our people into. Hard working labouerers tinto Beggers & scavangers. 

Our Govts, modi has failed these people,

Laanat hai BC, 

You will  be surprised at how often this happens in India. I have witnessed two instances of people picking and eating food from stinking garbage piles, both times in Chennai. 

I still can’t get over that one mans plight. He was picking stinky rotten food from the big green garbage canister, putting it on the floor and eating it. I just gave him 100rs and ran from there. 

What shocked me more was the apathy. It was a busy street and hundreds of people were walking past him like he was not even there.

I failed, we have all failed.  

Edited by kmkaks

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/mumbai-post-urging-migrants-to-take-trains-sparks-chaos/articleshow/75151210.cms

MUMBAI: Bandra police lodged an FIR against Rahul Kulkarni, a correspondent with a Marathi news channel in Osmanabad, for allegedly flashing incorrect news that trains would restart. The news report on ABP Majha is believed to have been based on a letter written by a South Central Railway official on April 13 on a proposal for Jansadharan special trains.
Azad Maidan police registered an FIR for spreading rumours against one Vinay Dubey; he allegedly instigated migrants on his Facebook page to gather near railway stations to board trains. Dubey was detained by Navi Mumbai police on Tuesday night and handed over to Mumbai police

55 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

You will  be surprised at how often this happens in India. I have witnessed two instances of people picking and eating food from stinking garbage piles, both times in Chennai. 

I still can’t get over that one mans plight. He was picking stinky rotten food from the big green garbage canister, putting it on the floor and eating it. I just gave him 100rs and ran from there. 

What shocked me more was the apathy. It was a busy street and hundreds of people were walking past him like he was not even there.

I failed, we have all failed.  

This happens all over the world. I have seen homeless people in US eating from trashcans. And no one bothers to help them.

37 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

This happens all over the world. I have seen homeless people in US eating from trashcans. And no one bothers to help them.

USA is a poor role model to look up to. I hope we won't  become more like them over the next few decades.

We as a humanity havent failed YET!! We have certainly failed as responsible voters. No mature democracy like west allows for crooks and scamsters to be elected again and again and when their time is done the we are asked to make do with their children.

We havent failed rather we are getting what we deserve. We allow politicians with money and muscle power to gain control of legislature and make laws and frame the constitution and when someone wants to do something he/she is either labeled rightist or leftist and the worse part is the media in this country along with whatsapp university. 

The fact that people have empathy towards the trash eating person and to leave 100 rs for him proves that we havent failed but the system is the failure. 

2 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

We as a humanity havent failed YET!! We have certainly failed as responsible voters. No mature democracy like west allows for crooks and scamsters to be elected again and again and when their time is done the we are asked to make do with their children.

We havent failed rather we are getting what we deserve. We allow politicians with money and muscle power to gain control of legislature and make laws and frame the constitution and when someone wants to do something he/she is either labeled rightist or leftist and the worse part is the media in this country along with whatsapp university. 

The fact that people have empathy towards the trash eating person and to leave 100 rs for him proves that we havent failed but the system is the failure. 

Yeah I agree. Most of the politicians (any party) have been goons or are supported by goons.

In Haryana itself you can see the criminal history of politicians. 

But problem is corruption is too deep here and anyone who tries to stand against it is silenced.

• Like 1

Ahmedabad Congress MLA Imran Khedawala tests positive for COVID-19

A Gujarat Congress legislator Imran Khedawala late on Tuesday tested positive for COVID-19. His report came barely a few hours after he met Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani, Deputy CM Nitin Patel and others to review the pandemic situation in Ahmedabad.

Mr. Khedawala was immediately taken to SVP hospital where he was admitted for treatment. According to sources in the civic body, he has mild symptoms.

Guj CM and others in self isolation.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/ahmedabad-congress-legislator-imran-khedawala-tests-positive-for-covid-19/article31342625.ece

16 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Where did you get it ?

I got mine from Bangalore Mirror..

Was shared in an internal group. These locations have been updated as well, saw on different news sites. So as per what I read, even if it's just a single case in an area, they are calling it a hotspot. 

https://m.timesofindia.com/videos/news/maybe-once-in-1000-years-icmr-on-whether-coronavirus-can-jump-from-bats-to-humans/videoshow/75162817.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=TOI&fbclid=IwAR3KPFzHZZlu5ReAAxgfDK9pa7hvM3b-SgOcnVN0kvoW5XzH9dtWPr4GbqQ

Should we be concerned that a senior scientist is saying this?

SARS, MERS, EBOLA and NIPAH and now Covid-19 are viruses that jumped from bats to Humans in the last 18 years.

He is a senior scientist at ICMR and says that chances of a Coronavirus jumping from bats to humans is once in 1000 years. Sars and Mers which are a type Coronavirus are not even more than 20 years old.

And people are ridiculing WHO. There are such people everywhere.

Donald Trump has decided to defund/halt US Funding to WHO, saying they have grossly mis-managed the Coronavirus Outbreak, and also because they covered up the spread of the virus

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/14/politics/donald-trump-world-health-organization-funding-coronavirus/index.html

Generally, I would agree with this, as the WHO has become ineffective and nothing but a mouth-piece for China, and needs to be curbed. But is this really the right time for that?

Edited by roun90

21 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

https://m.timesofindia.com/videos/news/maybe-once-in-1000-years-icmr-on-whether-coronavirus-can-jump-from-bats-to-humans/videoshow/75162817.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=TOI&fbclid=IwAR3KPFzHZZlu5ReAAxgfDK9pa7hvM3b-SgOcnVN0kvoW5XzH9dtWPr4GbqQ

Should we be concerned that a senior scientist is saying this?

SARS, MERS, EBOLA and NIPAH and now Covid-19 are viruses that jumped from bats to Humans in the last 18 years.

He is a senior scientist at ICMR and says that chances of a Coronavirus jumping from bats to humans is once in 1000 years. Sars and Mers which are a type Coronavirus are not even more than 20 years old.

And people are ridiculing WHO. There are such people everywhere.

He's technically right, bats don't directly transfer virus to humans. They need an intermediate animal where it can mutate and further jump to humans. The only virus bats can directly transfer to humans and infect us is rabies. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, adity said:

Where does capitalism come into this? 

We were talking about poverty, condition of them in our, or for that matter, in most other countries. Is that enough or you want tk know what capitalism has to do with poverty as well? 

• Like 1