Coronavirus

hope

10 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Yep. The guy in my society wasn't tested either. He didnt have fever or cough after 14 days of quarantine at home, so they cleared the family.

He died the very next night, death labelled cardiac arrest. Exactly what you said ^^ 

Some people will not have symptoms such as fever, cough, pneumonia, etc., but the virus has a high probability in entering the blood stream and causing cardio vascular issues I.e. Irregular heart beat, dislodging plaque built up in the arteries leading to heart attacks, lowering the oxygen content in the blood, stroke etc.

This virus is attacking both the respiratory and cardiovascular systems of the body.

We are still learning a lot more about this virus.

Actually, going by positive rate,

Only two states are  problematic, MH & Delhi.

Rest are doing quite ok, even TN and Guj. 

Bengal has done quite well in recovery, so did UP & Raj/MP.

UP is in fact testing more than MH.

Deaths have gone in range of 200-300, and there would be +50-60% unreported ones. I think it’s pretty ok.

Man Behind Sweden’s Controversial Virus Strategy Admits Mistakes

Sweden’s top epidemiologist has admitted his strategy to fight Covid-19 resulted in too many deaths, after persuading his country to avoid a strict lockdown.

Gatherings of more than 50 people continue to be banned, but throughout the crisis Swedes have been able to visit restaurants, go shopping, attend gyms and send children under 16 to school.

The laxer approach to containing the virus has drawn both praise and condemnation from across the globe. What is beyond debate, however, is the effect the strategy has had on the country’s death toll.

At 43 deaths per 100,000, Sweden’s mortality rate is among the highest globally and far exceeds that of neighboring Denmark and Norway, which imposed much tougher lockdowns at the onset of the pandemic.

Around 5k deaths from less than 40k cases. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-03/man-behind-sweden-s-virus-strategy-says-he-got-some-things-wrong

On 6/3/2020 at 12:04 AM, Big Boss said:

f**k the recovery numbers.They are discharging patients within 10 days without any tests if they don't have major symptoms. Today only I saw Marathi news about 3 cases who died after recovering from corona, one died due to brain fever, one due to cardiac arrest and one police constable who made the news nationally, died due to breathlessness. All these deaths counted as recovery cases and non-corona deaths.

The latest Health Ministry / ICMR discharge guidelines basically buff up the recovery numbers. Taken out the need to test negative twice, etc. Assuming to is to clear-up beds, its bloody scary as a patient if you have family who fall under the high risk category.

2 hours ago, Right said:

Actually, going by positive rate,

Only two states are  problematic, MH & Delhi.

Rest are doing quite ok, even TN and Guj. 

Bengal has done quite well in recovery, so did UP & Raj/MP.

UP is in fact testing more than MH.

Deaths have gone in range of 200-300, and there would be +50-60% unreported ones. I think it’s pretty ok.

MH is testing around 12-13k which definitely needs to be a lot higher considering the population density.

Gujarat numbers on the other hand is very suspicious though, every since it news broke out of aggressive spread in the state the numbers stopped rising. For the past month, there a circuit breaker on the no. of tests once the daily positive cases hit 350-400. Few days back the HC bench which was critical about the testing once replaced with one that's praising the SG. Maybe someone from GJ can throw more light on this.

Bengal also is quite suspect because of how they handled it initially, there were reports of bodies being cremated late in night to keep nos. down. No news on COVID since the cyclone though. 

@El Tigre Chino

Gujarat is fine AFAIK.

They haven’t diluted any protocols like MH.

Every other govt hospital in every state is in shite condition. Guj got slapped by HC, no one said anything about MH.

My gujju friend told that they deployed army in Badoda unofficially, he could have mistaken CRPF for Army but yeah they took enough corrective measures.

Bengal is either fudging or git it controlled, I think it’s controlled because no recent report of clandestine cremations off late.

39 minutes ago, Right said:

2020 gets another feather to its cap.

This happens all the time in various parts of the world. Let's stop considering every single natural disaster as ZOMG 2020 OMFG now.

4 hours ago, Big Boss said:

This happens all the time in various parts of the world. Let's stop considering every single natural disaster as ZOMG 2020 OMFG now.

tr00 tr00

23 minutes ago, Right said:

Nearly 10k cases today.

We will be #3 this month.

India numbah 1...superpower 2020

2 hours ago, AnK said:

Ok so I have had a meeting with a confirmed corona virus positive person 

she was wearing mask 

I was wearing mask we had no physical contact 

she was atleast 4 feet away 

what are my chances :fear1:

Quarantine yourself at home. If you develop any symptoms within 14 days, contact state/city helpline and get tests done. But remain in isolation for 14 days, not worth the risk. Chances of infection are only 2-3%. 

2 hours ago, AnK said:

Ok so I have had a meeting with a confirmed corona virus positive person 

she was wearing mask 

I was wearing mask we had no physical contact 

she was atleast 4 feet away 

what are my chances :fear1:

Don't worry, you'll be posting here even when Playstation 6 launches. 

I just can't understand this, Countries having similar number of cases have 3x-4x Deaths compared to India..!!! Italy which has one of the worlds best medical facilities has 10-12% Death Rate and India has just 4-5%, Does that mean our people have better immune system than others??