Coronavirus

hope

11 minutes ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Someone from our organisation tagged commissioner of gurgaon and narendera modi and said our comp is forcing them to come to office along with a screenshot of office group chat.

immediately he got a response from commissioners office asking to share the address. 

lets see what happens now :)

That's good. Everyone has to be in this together for it to work.

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Press release by the hospital where Kanika kapoor is lodged. This is not fake, I repeat .... NOT FAKE.

Sad to hear. Certainly warrants and cements the backlash towards her, now.

24 hours update

Yesterday:

unknown.png

Today:

unknown.png

• Crossed 300K+ total cases.
  • 193,972 active cases - 21854 new cases in last 24 hours.
  • 6500+ new cases in Italy.
  • 793 deaths in Italy. Record high.
  • USA jumps from 6th to 4th with almost 4000 new cases.

Meanwhile, in Moronavirus world

afgon259rzn41.png

[Girl]

Alcohol OK

Masks OK

Gloves OK

Clean hands OK

(2x) Come corona virus because you have no chance here

(2x) Today we kill this virus for good

[Guy]

If I catch you, you are done... after two days you'll be hospitalized.

:roflroll: :rofl:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Meanwhile....getting message from a friend planning a trip to Vietnam owing to low flight prices. :doh:emoji37.png

5a4308a5cb5981f505068db4a2c137ce.jpg

Vietnam was one of the first countries to beat SARS and so far they don't have a death due to COVID. Probably why they want to run over there.

So, here's my organisation's story:

So, AFAIK up until Friday, there were two directives released by the government:

- Only 50% of workforce to be in the office at any given point of time; and/or

- Only Essential Services organisations can function completely until 31st March 2020.

There was a notice put up on Friday evening that at the centre we work in, we have 3,700+ employees and that the organisation has worked hard with the WFM and HR to ensure only 50% of that number are present in office at any given time. Obviously, I can't validate that in its entirety in any way, but I gladly take the word on that notice and commend the company that they implemented it. Good job!

However,

what I do not understand is, God knows how, but apparently the higher-ups have managed to term the organisation as "an organisation that provides essential services."

Yes, we are in the IT-BPM (fancy way of saying BPO, these days) sector, but at the core of it, we're not providing any 'essential service' to anyone, for crying out loud. Certainly not in the centre/office we work at.

When questioned, our managers (and even their managers) are only giving an answer that we are an essential services organisation. Probably told to them by their higher-ups.

I was very close to tweeting about the situation (I still might, maybe), but I decided to do some digging first.

So, Nasscom is the apex body for the IT-BPM sector in India and this 'conversation' happened today:

So, just because we're tagged as IT-BPM, I guess we're stuck. There are quite a few employees who have started working from home, but not all (including me). Now, our parents (my wife's parents as well, since we work in the same company) are concerned and good luck to us trying to explain the whole IT-BPM/Essential Services dilemma to them.

Let's see what happens on Monday. Will keep you guys posted.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, kunjanp said:

This guy is now saying that he thought that it was just an eye check and not thermal scanning, while they are clearly pointing the scanner to his forehead.

This shows that education doesn't convert into logic.

haan bc Govt ko logon ki aankh ki padi hain na, free mein eye check up ho rahe, maybe at the exit gate someone will hand him new specs on the way out! what a stupid fellow, khud ka katwa liya sare aam :rofl: 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, boltonfan said:

That is really strange. Can't afford to be indecisive in these times. 

Well there's government red tape. To be honest they have acted fast so far. Passed an order on Thursday and the next one might come as soon as Monday or Tuesday. There isn't any provision to work for home for us, unlike private companies. Those at home are not expected to do any productive work. 

We can't afford to shut down the whole department because we do an essential job that might become more crucial in the next few weeks. 

If these private don't stop calling employees, locals might actually be stopped and that means full shut down. Those who are being illegally called in to work, please complain about it to the authorities (preferably anonymously). 

8 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Press release by the hospital where Kanika kapoor is lodged. This is not fake, I repeat .... NOT FAKE.

UP CM needs to give her the Kim Jong-un treatment. emoji35.pngemoji2959.png

b18459dde58d4bb6915c7c67e53d9135.jpg

Unless she actually suffers from coeliac disease, she should not be given any gluten free diets. Serve her normal food like the rest of the patients. This is a hospital (already stretched for resources), not a 5 star hotel. 

10 hours ago, KnackChap said:

One one hand we have people hiding their travel history, running away from the quarantine centres & on the other we have these thankless retards like these
.b88a9973bfa67f2485e6f9e93780698a.jpg

Airport authority of India had to rebuke his claims and put out a video of him being thermal scanned etc

aee46a52146c58a5fb03031e3758a472.jpg

Snake is what i call people like these. Pretty sure he had some propoganda behind his statement, which got caught, what an a**hole.

5 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

Snake is what i call people like these. Pretty sure he had some propoganda behind his statement, which got caught, what an a**hole.

:(

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, AnK said:

Shouldn’t there be an FIR against him for spreading rumours 

Would be hard to prove in a court of law that he delibrately lied. Waste of time for police to pursue such a case, when there are more pressing issues at hand. Calling him out on Twitter is more than enough.

39 minutes ago, Snake said:

he tried to hisss at you, could you fang him? :puspa: 

this should be done, these are the very people trying to divide the country

39 minutes ago, Snake said:

he tried to hisss you, would you fang him? :puspa: 

this should be done, these are the very people trying to divide the country

20 minutes ago, AnK said:

FIR matlab Passport locked down and major hassle when renewing it. Good luck getting back to Canedda and spread fake news about Indians there.

1 minute ago, CarbonCore said:

FIR matlab Passport locked down and major hassle when renewing it. Good luck getting back to Canedda and spread fake news about Indians there.

serves him well for that stupid sh*t he did...they should know, by now at least, that, every action has an equal and opposite reaction :lol: