hope

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Pushy said:

btw, on the way back home, i was stopped by cops, i informed them that i had came to leave my misus for her evening duty as she is a staff nurse, then he was like, ok ok sir u can go...if this was not the case, what would have happened? :scratchchin:

insta_1411374132.gif

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Walker said:

This is going to seem like generalising but it's not. The problem with a lot of people is the stupid mentality of "this won't happen to me

This. 
There was swine flu, SARS. This wont affect us. Stupidity.

42 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

This. 
There was swine flu, SARS. This wont affect us. Stupidity.

COVID is killing more people per day than SARS ever did in its entire epidemic. Heck its now killing more people per day than fking Malaria (1k/day) which has been the number one human killing virus for centuries.

Also while I know we have the well deserved notion that our cops are rather heavy handed we also need to understand that they are outside trying to ensure that there continues to be a lockdown. Some times without any of  protections that we have like masks etc. They also have families are also human and are as easily susceptible to this. 

• Like 3

Legit goosebumps. Everything from coonch, plates to even drums. No sirens though

Started at 4.53 and still going on. And I live in an area which didn't elect  bjp (civic or state elections) even during the modi wave. Basically sabki G fati padi hui hai. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Was having a nice nap but now I've woken up to all sorts of annoying noises. Another one of Modi's whimsical ideas at work. Maybe he just wanted to check how many people will blindly do whatever he tells them to.

13 minutes ago, Banz said:

Was having a nice nap but now I've woken up to all sorts of annoying noises. Another one of Modi's whimsical ideas at work. Maybe he just wanted to check how many people will blindly do whatever he tells them to.

He should join whatsapp if thats what he wanted to know.

36 minutes ago, Banz said:

We are all very sorry that you couldn’t sleep when the whole nation was standing in solidarity, irrespective of religion, politics, caste, creed to support the people who are risking their lives to keep all of us safe.

Almost Everyone was clapping and drumming even here in Kerala!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

We are all very sorry that you couldn’t sleep when the whole nation was standing in solidarity, irrespective of religion, politics, caste, creed to support the people who are risking their lives to keep all of us safe.

Almost Everyone was clapping and drumming even here in Kerala! 

There is no better way to show your solidarity that staying indoors and minimising contact with other people. People have unfortunately breached the curfew enough that local service has to be shut down for 10 days. The worst floods in Mumbai's history could never manage this.

All of this drumming and banging is just showbaazi. And it's not showing support for the doctors and paramedical staff (who are merely replacable machines to most of the public) but for Modi, who seems to be finding political opportunities in the worst of crises.

1 minute ago, Banz said:

There is no better way to show your solidarity that staying indoors and minimising contact with other people. People have unfortunately breached the curfew enough that local service has to be shut down for 10 days. The worst floods in Mumbai's history could never manage this.

All of this drumming and banging is just showbaazi. And it's not showing support for the doctors and paramedical staff (who are merely replacable machines to most of the public) but for Modi, who seems to be finding political opportunities in the worst of crises.

Even the strongest of us could develop issues if we stay confined in a closed up space. It elevates anxiety levels. Mental health is important during this crisis. I think such conducts would help us feel better about this situation, however little it may be, it raises our spirits and hope.

No one is going out and most people are going to their individual terrace and balconies in my city.

• Like 3

Thanks. That's something I hadn't thought of before.

Nevertheless this is bad timing and choice of noise making instruments. There's not many things worse than being woken up midsleep with high pitched metallic noises. Drums and claps by themselves would be fine, but pots and pans make terrible musical instruments.

I just hope this doesn't become a daily occurence.