Coronavirus

hope

So just got off a con call with Global HQ. Looking at a 30% workforce reduction. Highly possible I'll be jobless by the weekend. To top it all my wife also works for the same company. Pray for us guys. 

:samui:

14 minutes ago, hope said:

Good decision today.

Hope its not too late. Praying for that.

Best thing is they didnt give any hint or date of lockdown otherwise Idiots would have flocked to stores. 

Hope it works. Fingers crossed. 

???

He said from midnight today. Idiots are still flocking to the store. Modi wasn't clear that the essential item shop will be open in his speech.

It's up to the police now, they'll have teething problems for the first few days because none of us are trained for a situation like this but they'll have to learn and learn fast. 

God bless our great nation. 

12 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

We *hope* so too.

Somebody above said we're looking an extension to this 21 day lockdown? You guy thinking it will be extended?

@kunjanp I guess we can assume college is off for the rest of the sem? I don't wanna sound like an a**hole, but I'm kinda happy. I wasn't looking forward going to college after 31st, or right after the current suspension as I use the Delhi metro, and thats probably the easiest place to pick up the virus tbh.

If we beat (flatten) the curve, some restrictions might be lifted like all shops open, intercity/interstate travel, local public transport etc. Stuff like international flights, opening religious places maybe even passenger trains won't happen so soon imo. International flights esp I think will be grounded for atleast 3 months. 

6 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

???

He said from midnight today. Idiots are still flocking to the store. Modi wasn't clear that the essential item shop will be open in his speech.

It's up to the police now, they'll have teething problems for the first few days because none of us are trained for a situation like this but they'll have to learn and learn fast. 

God bless our great nation. 

Yeah. But Im sure further clarifications will be in the news tomorrow and stuff. 

I'm just worried about soda. I'm down to half a dozen 600ml coke bottles, and I consume these things like anything :( 

@Walker Fingers crossed, praying for you and everybody else. Hope everything goes uphill from here on out. 

Edited by Chirag2001

Just now, Chirag2001 said:

Yeah. But Im sure further clarifications will be in the news tomorrow and stuff. 

I'm just worried about soda. I'm down to half a dozen 600ml coke bottles, and I consume these things like anything :( 

@Walker Fingers crossed, praying for you and everybody else. Hope everything goes uphill from here on out. 

The govt circular by MHA is already out in the open. 

3 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

New York

tOg9FI3.jpg

Toronto

UYhmsIC.jpg

Delhi

aLJGLUf.jpg

Canada still has flights landing from china, crazy ! 

Indian map is mostly just planes using our airspace to land someplace else or aircrafts coming to our country to evacuate their citizens. 

9 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Canada still has flights landing from china, crazy ! 

Indian map is mostly just planes using our airspace to land someplace else or aircrafts coming to our country to evacuate their citizens. 

Yeah. The travel ban, the lockdown, hope all this pays off.

28 minutes ago, Walker said:

So just got off a con call with Global HQ. Looking at a 30% workforce reduction. Highly possible I'll be jobless by the weekend. To top it all my wife also works for the same company. Pray for us guys. 

:samui:

Oh crap....this is not good. This virus is gonna mess up alot pof thing for a lot of people.

Keep you in my thoughts bro.

24 hours:

unknown.png

• Almost 40K new cases.
  • 740+ deaths in Italy with 5000+ more cases.
  • Almost 500 deaths in Spain. 100+ in USA and Iran. France with 240. 
  • USA rising with 8K+ new cases 2 days straight.

At this rate Italy and USA will pass China in 2-5 days. Spain will likely beat China death count this week.

3 minutes ago, Walker said:

While we're all worried about what's going to happen please also help out the guys that have been even worse affected than us.

https://www.feedingindia.org/donate

This is the problem. Impact of the problem imported by middle-class and rich people will be only felt by poor & downtrodden.

21 daya lockdown is going to hit them hard, farmers, daily-wagers...

the civil society has to rise up and take this challenge. All them NGOs, who collect millions in the name of helping poot are on test here. They must do more than what govt can do.

10 minutes ago, Walker said:

While we're all worried about what's going to happen please also help out the guys that have been even worse affected than us.

https://www.feedingindia.org/donate

Considering your last post on this thread, its inspiring that you're sharing this, and doing this man. Will do my bit, keep your hopes up :)