Coronavirus - Stay At Home Foodie Thread

AtheK

Since I didnt really have a lot of ingredients. I decided to make some Peanut butter cookies

All you need is 1 cup peanut butter , 1/2 sugar, I added less than that as dont like it too sweet, a few drops of vanilla extract and 2 small eggs.

Mix well and bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 8-10 mins

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Since I didnt really have a lot of ingredients. I decided to make some Peanut butter cookies

All you need is 1 cup peanut butter , 1/2 sugar, I added less than that as dont like it too sweet, a few drops of vanilla extract and 2 small eggs.

Mix well and bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 8-10 mins

Add photos also please. 

3 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

You should rename the thread to 'stay at home foodie thread', that shahi tukda looks awesome !!

Done, Dad cleaned up half of it in 10 mins :lol:

2 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

For the next few days.

Wasn't going to buy fish in this time  but adjacent stream dried up so there's good quantity of fishes there to be taken.

0e2b2d51ea361744ddc073d580fe51c7.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

Stream dried up meaning you just picked up the fish there? Or is this bought from the market?

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Stream dried up meaning you just picked up the fish there? Or is this bought from the market?

didn't buy, it was caught by farmer from the adjacent stream. 

All were alive, drying up in the sense water had become so shallow and muddy that fish could easily be caught with hands.

Edited by GunnerY2J

Some of the items we made during this lockdown. Made a lot of fish and chicken as well but since most of my wife's family members are pure veg so we seldom click pics of my non veg dishes. 

1. Rawa Cake

5yEorjp.jpg

2. Pyaaz Kachori 

GRhyaAL.jpg

3. Apple Pie. Not very presentable but Tasted Yum. 

4L6YlEK.jpg

4. Veg Potato Burger. I didnt click pics of my Chicken Burger. Both chicken and veg patties are home made. 

vtV1MXI.jpg

5. Garlic Cheese Bread.

lFeAKl4.jpg

6. Chocolate brownie cake. Tasted as good as it looks or so I think. Someone on imgur called it "tar filled ashtray".

G5Mhp9N.jpg

7. My Daily Cappuccino.

eHGYmdw.jpg 

nakPBM7.jpg

Edited by Bhpian Bali
Imgur comment
  • Like 2

So this is my dal recipe..

Ingredients :

Dal , cardamom seeds [2 pieces] , Cloves [2 pieces] , turmeric powder [1/2 tsp]

Now take a pot put in the dal , cardamom , cloves and turmeric powder and water double the quantity.. I dont put it in pressure cooker as it reduces the nutritional values.. So that depends on the one preparing..

Now for tomato gravy:

Tomatoes [4 pieces] , Jaggery [ 2 tsp] , Red chillies [3 pieces] [Take the seeds out to reduce heat if required] , Coriander seeds [2 spoons] , Tamarind [one small piece], garlic [5-6 pieces]

Grind all the above..

Now for veggies : You can use the ones you would like but I prefer

Carrot [1 medium sized], Beans [10-15] , Cabbage [ around 75gms approx] , Onions [2 medium size][Cut into big pieces for different flavour]

Now cooking the gravy:

Oil to a pan, add jeera , onions , coriander leaves , kasuri methi and saute.. Now add the gravy and cook it until oil separates.. Then add the veggies and cover the vessel and cook until the veggies are cooked.. Add salt required for the gravy and the dal.. Now add this gravy and veggie mix to the dal which has been cooked in a pot.. Boil for 5 mins in the dal along with veggie gravy and your dal is ready..

Optional: You can add small pakoras or some kara sev for additional crunch..

gwaoj4T.jpg

7JbJP9o.jpg

Edited by funnyadit

13 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

First time seen someone add cabbage and other vegetables in dal.

Needs to be named something else I think.

Looks a healthy and wholesome complete meal though.

Yep.. It tastes really well.. I just have this for lunch..

Pizza Recipe!

dough recipe!

500gms of maida (For Healthier option you can use Wheat too)

1 to 1.5 tea spoon salt

2 tea spoon milk powder.

Mix the above

prepare for the next items

350ml warm water mixed with 7gms of Yeast

3 tea spoon sugar

Put the yeast in luke warm water and then put sugar and let it sit for 10min.

Once you see lump free water yeast mixture mix that with maida and prepare the dough. Kneed properly to develop glutes. Do this for 15-25min. Kneed till the dough is smooth and non sticky. (Pro Tip : Use flour to prevent dough from sticking in to your fingers or hands.)

Once the dough is kneeded properly. Take out a container and oil it properly (Extra Virgin Olive Oil is best) marinate the dough and the container so that dough does not stick to the container, and put the dough in the container in ball form. Cover it up with damp cloth and keep it in a warm place for 7 hours. Or use Cling Wrap and keep it in a warm place. The more you keep the dough the more it will rise and ferment and taste better. Once your dough rises to almost double the size, take out the dough and change it to another container this time air sealed and keep it in the fridge.

The dough is ready to use.

(A good way of knowing if dough you made is perfect or not is that it should be soft, fluffy and non sticky after 7 hours of fermenting which is once it’s almost double the size. It will be sticky a little bit. But otherwise it won’t be sticky.) you can make the pizza straight away too if you don’t want the dough to be refrigerated. Like once dough has risen, you can immediately consume. Which happened in about 2-3 hours.

Now to make Pizza Sauce

Take approx 6 tomatoes (put it in the cooker for 15min. 5 whistles). Once tomatoes are cooked take it out. Mix it in a grinder. Now once the same is mixed. Take it out in a medium flame pan. Add oil, salt as per taste, 3-4 Garlic cloves finely chopped, 3/4 teaspoon Kashmiri Red chilly powder, 3/4 sugar, little bit of water and corn flour to thicken the sauce (Corn Flour optional). 1 tablespoon butter. Add 1/2 tablespoon oregano, 1/4 onions finely chopped & 2tsp basil leaves finely chopped. Cook for 15min. Or till sauce thickens. Whichever is earlier.

Let it cool for 5min

Again put the same in the mixture and mix the same. Once its smooth the sauce is ready.

Now to prepare the pizza

Pre heat your oven with baking tray at 200 degree Celsius for 15min.

Take out the baking tray with baking gloves put some oil and spread it with oil brush.

Ensure the oven is closed.

Take out the pizza dough. Using Extra Virgin Olive Oil take small ball out of the dough and prepare the shape as per the tray and put it on the tray. With your fingers spread till the tray is filled with dough. Oil the dough from the top. Using a spoon spread the sauce on the pizza. Just ensure sauce is not spread till the end. Put the sauce in the centre and start spread it till it reaches the border of the dough. Keep little bit of the corners dry. Put 3/4 of your toppings, then little bit of cheese, then balance 1/4 of the toppings. Put little bit of oil in the pizza. Now with the baking gloves out the tray in the oven. And bake for 15min at 200 degrees Celsius. Or till your pizza base is golden brown and crispy.

Ensure pizza baking tray is kept in the middle so that heat is from below and above.

In my case I have OTG so the pizza cooked well only thing was the underside of the base was not crispy. So I used air fryer and made the base crispy and it turned out damn good. If you face similar problems and don’t have air fryer then you can use OTG too.

Enjoy your Pizza!!

1d802acb1d1559209b0d9c5e9b9b7c31.jpg

a4ace57d49d85f0fbe02a4fdfd7b8473.jpg

243137fdfe9e48e8d5e2e13dbe45fa94.jpg

• Like 1

My breakfast, lunch and evening snacks.

Breakfast - Chicken Sandwiches and Chips. Didn't have enough of regular multigrain bread, so had to use kulchas instead. Works well.

Lunch- Fried Rice and French Fries. Fries works with everything.

Snacks- Some Bread Pakoda hybrid, but it's not fried I guess.

I'm no good in the kitchen, this was all my mom despite WFH. I'm honestly surprised with the variety of the food that I've been having :)

b460e3fec72a1b6aafae9480c2edc9ec.jpg

7c9fad5571b69e59dfe7f64601c5594b.jpg

fdb1baf9f9a2c95cf1361c723acd1021.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Edited by Chirag2001
  • Like 1