Coronavirus - Stay At Home Foodie Thread

AtheK

I'm a noob in cooking. Learnt a lot during the lcokdown.
Its not so great, Posting this, just to keep up with the spirit of the thread :) 

hTEnht5.jpg

Honey Chilli Potato

fg03v3w.jpg

Veg Noodles

gApXCOZ.jpg

Aglio Olio Spaghetti

XwGTSgI.jpg

Carrot Halwa

3dKgc5B.jpg

Dalgona Coffee

82qXARl.jpg

Sweet Corn Shavige Bath 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, AtheK said:

You only post this on Instagram and then filter it and drink it :roflroll:

:panic:

Lol, exactly. If someone really just wants to drink it then add coffee in the cup followed by the milk and mix it gently to keep the foam intact. 

Otherwise if you go other way round, you will end up using a much bigger cup or you will spill it.

I find that hard to believe. Since noodles are made from flour, they should have high carbohydrate content. I'll have to check the labels next time I eat it.

I searched online and the carbohydrate content varies from 37 to 45 g for a 60 g pack.

Google Image search: Chings secret label

Edited by Banz

27 minutes ago, Banz said:

I find that hard to believe. Since noodles are made from flour, they should have high carbohydrate content. I'll have to check the labels next time I eat it.

I searched online and the carbohydrate content varies from 37 to 45 g for a 60 g pack.

Google Image search: Chings secret label

Just took the pic.

yes it’s surprising but Ching’s is not some shady company which will make a mistake in nutrition values image.jpg it is Nissin’s India subsidiary.

I think they are using 60 grammes of cooked noodles as the serving size. Cooked noodles are mostly (60-70%) water. 60 g is nowhere close to the average serving size which is usually between 200 - 300 g.

Sneaky and dishonest marketing I would say.

11 minutes ago, Banz said:

I think they are using 60 grammes of cooked noodles as the serving size. Cooked noodles are mostly (60-70%) water. 60 g is nowhere close to the average serving size which is usually between 200 - 300 g.

Sneaky and dishonest marketing I would say.

Good thinking. I always thought its a misprint, but this makes much more sense.

At 250gm cooked, each of those figured would be approximately 4 times, which would be inline with most other noodles.

Unlikely they are considering water or any other ingredient apart from what's in the pack towards the 60, but it could be an explanation if that is actually the case. What's strange is that they have varying facts for the same product.

Will have to read up on this, but serving size is what's declared by the company about how much content of the package is appropriate to have in 1 sitting. For example Oreo's serving size that is supposed to be had in one sitting is 2 Oreos only. Not sure if this is a regulated thing or at the discretion of manufacturer.

Anyway, I think we have digressed and gone quite a bit off-topic.:fap:

• Like 1