Coronavirus - Stay At Home Foodie Thread

AtheK

16 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Chocolate Mousse cake with a chocolate sponge inside, chocolate ganache filling. Topped with a chocolate mirror glaze.

Some corners were cut due unavailability of ingredients like neither did I have the correct type nor enough quantity of biscuits to create an even, thick outer layer.

Could have put in more time to make it look better but my family was impatient.

kj2n4F6.jpg

Bhai ek bakery khol do ab.. 

On 5/6/2020 at 8:27 PM, kunjanp said:

Chocolate Mousse cake with a chocolate sponge inside, chocolate ganache filling. Topped with a chocolate mirror glaze.

Some corners were cut due unavailability of ingredients like neither did I have the correct type nor enough quantity of biscuits to create an even, thick outer layer.

Could have put in more time to make it look better but my family was impatient.

kj2n4F6.jpg

Mirror shine, wow!

2 hours ago, funnyadit said:

@Right If only you had swooshed the sauce to make it fancy.. :D But looks yum..

Great thread for sure.. Even the food thread didnt get these many cool looking dishes in the amount of time it has existed..

Should have, indeed.

but tell you what, Chickpea salad was more delicious. Momos were good too, but to get that punchy taste like you get it outside you need to put in MSG (Ajinomoto), something not very healthy.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with MSG. It is simply a salt of sodium+ and glutamic acid (an amino acid). It also contains much less sodium than common salt, so if you are watching your sodium intake (due to high BP, etc) you are still better off with MSG than NaCl. The reports of MSG causing headaches was due to racism, and has no basis in reality. Only Chinese eateries were targetted, even though MSG is a major component in Italian and French food too. You can safely eat MSG in every meal. Just like salt, you should be aware of how much you are eating, which is not very difficult because if you overuse MSG by a tiny bit (just like salt, again) the food will not taste good.

Edited by Banz

Mutton kheema curry using the same dry roasting technique.

More balanced, last time was a tad more spicy, reduced the quantity of cloves (3), bay leaf (1) and red chillies (4) by half.

Rest more or the less the same.

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

9d76f1d07d3c693240b882417c97a1f7.jpg55893aeaf8285a5eb88c1e1fc4f4e1be.jpg