Coronavirus - Stay At Home Foodie Thread

AtheK

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Hmmm interesting, never had chia / sabja seeds before.  Is the taste distinguishable in an omlette / smoothie 

Sabja adds a bit of crunch, I kinda like it

Chia you can hardly feel it, in smoothies they use fully bloated ones, so you have that feeling of swallowing jelly.

So it is my wife's best friend's birthday. She is in Jaipur. 

My wife got to know that they are ordering cake from outside so she asked for the name of the place so that she could order a cake from the same place. 

There were very few options so we had an option of Marble Cake, Almond cake and Cinnamon & Mango Cake. All are eggless and 500 Gms each for 550 Rs. 

I first chose Marble cake and the order got cancelled due to unavailability. I made a quick call to confirm which one is available and option was Almond cake and Cinnamon so I went with the safer option and ordered Almond Cake. Asked them to write the message as well. 

Ok this belongs in the joke's thread. For the price I never expected this. Be careful when you order a BIRTHDAY cake in Jaipur  :rofl: :rofl: i cant stop laughing. 

Spoiler

DhOHmjr.jpg

Edited by Bhpian Bali
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

So it is my wife's best friend's birthday. She is in Jaipur. 

My wife got to know that they are ordering cake from outside so she asked for the name of the place so that she could order a cake from the same place. 

There were very few options so we had an option of Marble Cake, Almond cake and Cinnamon & Mango Cake. All are eggless and 500 Gms each for 550 Rs. 

I first chose Marble cake and the order got cancelled due to unavailability. I made a quick call to confirm which one is available and option was Almond cake and Cinnamon so I went with the safer option and ordered Almond Cake. Asked them to write the message as well. 

Ok this belongs in the joke's thread. For the price I never expected this. Be careful when you order a BIRTHDAY cake in Jaipur  :rofl: :rofl: i cant stop laughing. 

Hide contents

DhOHmjr.jpg

Im a little confused here. That looks like an almond cake only?

Nothing exotic, just a humble bowl of vegetable maggi, but with a touch of nostalgia.

I did my schooling till class Vth in Bengal, and still vividly remember swapping my tiffin with what the Bengali chaps used to bring. They loved my mom's cooking, and I used to gobble their Bengali delicacies. One of them was this version of Maggi, which had potatoes cut in french fry style, and sauteed in mustard oil. Other veggies like onion, carrots, beans etc were also sauteed in mustard oil, and added to the mix. It gives a wonderful tang to the flavor profile. They also used to add soyabean nuggets, but I was too lazy today. 

Takes me back to simpler times ^_^

N58DMR0.jpg

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Nothing exotic, just a humble bowl of vegetable maggi, but with a touch of nostalgia.

I did my schooling till class Vth in Bengal, and still vividly remember swapping my tiffin with what the Bengali chaps used to bring. They loved my mom's cooking, and I used to gobble their Bengali delicacies. One of them was this version of Maggi, which had potatoes cut in french fry style, and sauteed in mustard oil. Other veggies like onion, carrots, beans etc were also sauteed in mustard oil, and added to the mix. It gives a wonderful tang to the flavor profile. They also used to add soyabean nuggets, but I was too lazy today. 

Takes me back to simpler times ^_^

N58DMR0.jpg

Add some peanuts as well, and its perfect. -_-

7 minutes ago, AtheK said:

I ended up making kadhai paneer a few days back, kal samosa. 7a297c3c74e075e74b7838c1dd8a68b2.jpg

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

I saw this on insta as well
It looks delicious man.. Looks really great

I have cooked a lot as well
Too lazy to upload. Will take time and upload tomorrow 

• Like 1

Tried my hand at BlackForest cake. Will be getting proper cake related items like a handheld beater, cake moulds, cake turntable, bread knife etc. as apart from shape and everything the cake turned out good taste wise. right now it is all over the place and not of proper shape. 

eqWbPcK.jpeg

I have left it.

Saawan has come and every festival in the house is like just don't eat non veg - nothing else - absolutely nothing,

not even that something decent in veg is made.

And not worth cooking non vegetarian for just myself.

So it's been a bad month for eating (boiled eggs, banana and rice/pulse)

- although went outside a few times to eat. 

Edited by GunnerY2J