Coronavirus - Stay At Home Foodie Thread

AtheK

16 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Baati chokha you mean.

Daal baati - Mostly rajasthani cuisine

Litti chokha - aloo, baigan and tomato chokhas mostly - Primarily Bihari cuisine

Edit: Litti in Bihar is filled with Sattu. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Daal baati - Mostly rajasthani cuisine

Litti chokha - aloo, baigan and tomato chokhas mostly - Primarily Bihari cuisine

Edit: Litti in Bihar is filled with Sattu. 

Yeah we made the Bihar version. 

10 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Yeah we made the Bihar version. 

That's the way to go. I am not a fan of Dal Baati, my mom loves it. I did have the dish multiple times in Rajasthan, and the only time I quite literally gobbled it with passion was in a place called "Traditional Khaana" in Udaipur. Quite possibly in the top 5 food places of all time in my life (and I travel a lot due to work). 

Chokha is a staple in our house since dad is technically a Bihari. Aloo, arvi, baigan, tomato and other varieties of chokhas. 

When I tried Baba Ganoush for the 1st time, realised that it's nothing but baigan chokha made with Olive oil. :P

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

Spend the lockdown in perfecting the home made pizza

My pizza went from looking like this

4hTUIlg.jpg

oFXQEVY.jpg

To looking like this....

LgKOUqk.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Gas tandoor.

placed on gas stove and closes from top as well.

Will send you a pic if you want, very good and efficient.

Oh I didn't read you don't want on a stove.

No, electric tandoori don't work well.

Ive seen your gas tandoor. Its dope but not allowed to cook non veg in our kitchen:P

Thanks for the heads up on electric tandoor. Will try to look for those mini barbecues with smokeless coal, though cleaning will be a bitch.

And I have been vegetarian since one month now. Am not sure if I am committed to it if presented with a non vegeterian dish in a social setting, but so far I have been able to curb my temptations for cooking/ordering meat. 

Edited by Ph3N0M

13 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Sort of a hybrid between Butter and Kadai Chicken.995a715785efd6a7eeb50f2611b6e40e.jpg

Have to say that looking at this and being tempted was one of the hardest temptations to avoid acting on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Recipe please. Ill try this with tofu.

Cut paneer in cubes.

Marinate paneer with salt, black pepper powder and Ginger+garlic paste. Add 2 Tsp of maida mix well, and keep it aside.

Dice Onion and capsicum, ginger, garlic and green chillies.

Prepare the sauce, 1/4th cup of water, red chilli paste, 1/2 tea spoon vinegar, 2 TSP Soya Sauce, a little ketchup and cornflour, mix well.

Take 1/2 cup maida, 1/4th cup  of corn flour, salt and 2 TSP oil, mix well. Add little water slowly to make a good thick batter.

Drop the marinated paneer in the batter mix well.

Double fry paneer.

Take a Pan, put a little oil toss in garlic, ginger, green chillies, capsicum, onion and toss them well and cook them for 2-3 minutes.

Add the sauce, black pepper and salt. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, turn off the gas and let the steam escape.

Toss in the Fried paneer, mix well, switch on the gas and cook for a couple of minutes.

Done.

• Like 2