Coronavirus - Stay At Home Foodie Thread

AtheK

1 minute ago, AtheK said:

No chicken without beer mah man... 

Damn right

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purchased the Philips Air Fryer. What can I actually do with it? I mean its mostly my parents cooking food, I can't do jack.

Hoping to make some magic happen with this air fryer thing.

I know I can fry frozen stuff like French Fries or Kebabs and stuff. Easy enough right? 

Anything else which is damn easy? 

1 hour ago, Cryptic_8 said:

Masala Dosa with Vada and Coconut Chutney! Best Tamilan breakfast :thumbsup:

OT but i miss proper chutneys

the normal green coriander one.

the red one you get in certain dosa places

the coconut one you get in all dosa places 

:cry:

Because Khauf -e- Corona i haven't even moved out of my sector, all good places are located in other parts of the city

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

Damn right

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purchased the Philips Air Fryer. What can I actually do with it? I mean its mostly my parents cooking food, I can't do jack.

Hoping to make some magic happen with this air fryer thing.

I know I can fry frozen stuff like French Fries or Kebabs and stuff. Easy enough right? 

Anything else which is damn easy? 

Just peel potatoes and cut them up in slices. Add 1 tsp oil and throw them in air fryer. You'll get crispy AF fries. No need for frozen stuff.

We make all fried stuff in air fryer- Bondas of vada pav, cutlets, pakodas, Sweet Gulgule.

Sometimes I just throw in ramdom veggies in the fryer and have them with pan roasted chicken

1RMIkmX.jpg

This gooey looking thing is called Faley, and I can bet it's pretty unique to certain sections of UP. 

The insides are filled with either chana dal or urad dal (kept overnight in water) and roasted for about an hour at least, along with a f**kton of roasted khade masale. There is a strong flavor of black pepper, cardamom, cloves, jeera etc. These are then filled inside big balls of rice aata (the white thing you see outside), and boiled for about 90 mins in huge quantities of milk. It is then allowed to cool, and kept in the fridge for strengthening the outer rice cover.  

The whole thing takes about 5 hours to make, and is pretty labor intensive, so only gets made 3-4 times a year by mom. But boy, is that thing tasty ! There is a spicy, not chilly, but spicy flavor inside, and the rice boiled in milk is a tad sweet (most of the water content is lost from milk, and what is left is reduced/condensed milk). The balls are then cut vertically into medium thin slices that you see above. Can be have as it is, or deep fried for a different taste. The gooey "sauce" is also a tad sweet, and when fried, gives a unique flavor of fried milk and rice. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

1RMIkmX.jpg

This gooey looking thing is called Faley, and I can bet it's pretty unique to certain sections of UP. 

The insides are filled with either chana dal or urad dal (kept overnight in water) and roasted for about an hour at least, along with a f**kton of roasted khade masale. There is a strong flavor of black pepper, cardamom, cloves, jeera etc. These are then filled inside big balls of rice aata (the white thing you see outside), and boiled for about 90 mins in huge quantities of milk. It is then allowed to cool, and kept in the fridge for strengthening the outer rice cover.  

The whole thing takes about 5 hours to make, and is pretty labor intensive, so only gets made 3-4 times a year by mom. But boy, is that thing tasty ! There is a spicy, not chilly, but spicy flavor inside, and the rice boiled in milk is a tad sweet (most of the water content is lost from milk, and what is left is reduced/condensed milk). The balls are then cut vertically into medium thin slices that you see above. Can be have as it is, or deep fried for a different taste. The gooey "sauce" is also a tad sweet, and when fried, gives a unique flavor of fried milk and rice. 

I didn't know this thing existed, but it looks insanely delicious.

• Like 1