Coronavirus - Stay At Home Foodie Thread

AtheK

Guys what are your thoughts of Air Fryers? Worth gettig one? Is Philips (10k) worth it over Inalsa (3.5k)

If you want to buy AirFryer first brand which is the best is Philips. Then consider Havells AirOven 1500W. Other brands not that good

I bought the Philips Air Fryer on your rec, and @playstationdude 

Its pretty neat, and I can do it myself. (I'm useless in the kitchen). I've just been air frying kebabs and frozen stuff. 

Its more healthy than frying it normally, but because its so convenient I'm eating this stuff more frequently lol. 

Also, I bought the larger version because everybody said the smaller one is a no go. I wonder why, its too big....

But I fry like 10 French Fries, or two seekh kebabs and thats not much 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I bought the Philips Air Fryer on your rec, and @playstationdude 

Its pretty neat, and I can do it myself. (I'm useless in the kitchen). I've just been air frying kebabs and frozen stuff. 

Its more healthy than frying it normally, but because its so convenient I'm eating this stuff more frequently lol. 

Also, I bought the larger version because everybody said the smaller one is a no go. I wonder why, its too big....

You dont need frozen fries.

Just dice a potato or 2 into fries (raw potato) and add 1 tsp oil with some salt. Mix it together and add to the frier for 15-20 min at 160. Then blast it at full for another 5-6 min.

I bought the Philips Air Fryer on your rec, and [mention=882]playstationdude[/mention] 

Yes. Because I have a standard Philips airfryer and I felt it is small in capacity. So I thus recommended higher capacity one. But I am glad you liked it!

You don’t need frozen food though. You can make one fresh and still make it like outside! It’s that good!
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

You dont need frozen fries.

Just dice a potato or 2 into fries (raw potato) and add 1 tsp oil with some salt. Mix it together and add to the frier for 15-20 min at 160. Then blast it at full for another 5-6 min.

This is why I said I'm useless in the kitchen. I have no idea where we keep potatoes, or oil for that matter lol.

My standard thing is: Put frozen stuff in fryer, set it to 200, let it rip for 10-12 minutes. What I do wanna know is why was everybody saying that I should go for the bigger one.

I don't fry too much currently.

Just now, Chirag2001 said:

This is why I said I'm useless in the kitchen. I have no idea where we keep potatoes, or oil for that matter lol.

My standard thing is: Put frozen stuff in fryer, set it to 200, let it rip for 10-12 minutes. What I do wanna know is why was everybody saying that I should go for the bigger one.

I don't fry too much currently.

You can make pizzas and all in the bigger one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, djanuj said:

Yes. Because I have a standard Philips airfryer and I felt it is small in capacity. So I thus recommended higher capacity one. But I am glad you liked it!

What are you making in it? Its great, but I don't see the point. Even if I was not using frozen fries, and cutting up potatoes, a smaller one is fine? 

Ahhh that makes sense.  Will try to do some fancy stuff over the winter, pizza, chicken wings hopefully (I miss it wayy too much) 

This thread is the opposite of where I am personally.   

To be honest, the day I don't see coffee in the jar and have to hunt the cupboard, I just skip the mess and open up a can of Red Bull.

This is at 8 or 9 in the morning. :fear1: 

Edited by Chirag2001

What are you making in it? Its great, but I don't see the point. Even if I was not using frozen fries, and cutting up potatoes, a smaller one is fine? 

I use it to make samosas, fries, Pizza, Naan, Tandoori Paneer. And many more!

2 hours ago, djanuj said:

I use it to make samosas, fries, Pizza, Naan, Tandoori Paneer. And many more!

You are making this sound very appealing. Will try some of this stuff out. I'm not good with kitchen stuff, but this should make it a tad easier.

Might bother you with a PM if I get stuck hehe