Coronavirus - Stay At Home Foodie Thread

AtheK

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

PM-ing my address. :P

Keventers is now operating on franchisee model. Down the drain tbh. High prices, sugar water. 

They have new hosts ? f**k. Ever since I cut the cord, stopped following MasAus. How can they change hosts ? That was what made MasAus...MasAus. All other versions were shite, India or US. 

They didnt revise the payment apparently 

1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

They didnt revise the payment apparently 

Yeah, they wanted a hike and MasterChef Australia didn't want to shell extra penny even though the show was booming and mainly because of those 3 judges. So they left the show together.

Although it was a masterstroke on MasterChef's part that they brought old contestants back for the first season after their departure. Built up hype.

The current season is not the same without the old judges and the contestants.

Just now, KunjanPSD said:

Yeah, they wanted a hike and MasterChef Australia didn't want to shell extra penny even though the show was booming and mainly because of those 3 judges. So they left the show together.

Although it was a masterstroke on MasterChef's part that they brought old contestants back for the first season after their departure. Built up hype.

The current season is not the same without the old judges and the contestants.

Yeah I loved Masterchef australia and it was pretty much my prime time viewing. Sadly I just cannot watch the new season without the 3 judges.

7 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Arre but me rakhu kitne time ke liye? 15 hrs?

15-24 is recommended.

I just made cold coffee. Tastes sweet even without sugar. f**k, negligible acidity and super smooth. Will have it black from now (insert TWSS joke here. <_<)

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

15-24 is recommended.

I just made cold coffee. Tastes sweet even without sugar. f**k, negligible acidity and super smooth. Will have it black from now (insert TWSS joke here. <_<)

1 pack/500Ml? 

2 minutes ago, Right said:

I am in love with Oreo and Amul’s Vanilla Royale ice creams.

Eating half to one bowl everyday.

Why don’t they make Every flavour sugar-free.

What's your opinion on the bitter after-taste? Do you experience it or not?

22 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Pleasantly surprised to see the love for coffee here.

Its true once you see the world outside of Nescafe, it is very hard to go back. Davidoff is good place to start though. My suggestion would be to go for Crema Intense. I find Rich Aroma, Fine Aroma and Espresso 57 to be similar in taste.

BTW do you guys think Nespresso machines are a good investment?

I have been making cafe style cappuccino at home since 2011 using 15 bar pressure espresso machines. Just not much into latte art so never gave that a try. 

My go to coffee is from here. 

https://dennysgroup.com/

I order their dark and medium mix beans and grind at home. They are good for cappuccino but i dunno how good they are to have black.

I tried making cold brews but I started over doing it so stopped :fear:

i can have such bitter coffee that starbucks cappuccino is mild tasting for me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I have been making cafe style cappuccino at home since 2011 using 15 bar pressure espresso machines. Just not much into latte art so never gave that a try. 

My go to coffee is from here. 

https://dennysgroup.com/

I order their dark and medium mix beans and grind at home. They are good for cappuccino but i dunno how good they are to have black.

I tried making cold brews but I started over doing it so stopped :fear:

i can have such bitter coffee that starbucks cappuccino is mild tasting for me. 

Which machine?

Is there any drip-machine which makes good espresso and even cappuccino/latte but doesn't break the bank?

35 minutes ago, Right said:

I don’t. I just love it. Both are just perfect.

The Brooklyn Creamery. Every ice cream is sugar free. Delivery available via Swiggy or Zomato. 

Their vegan ice creams are excellent. Made with coconut milk, heavenly in taste. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Which machine?

Is there any drip-machine which makes good espresso and even cappuccino/latte but doesn't break the bank?

I dont use the drip feature so i bought the following for high pressure espresso for cappuccino. Its steam function for frothing milk is really good.

I used to make cappuccino on a sunflame coffee 15 bar machine which conked off after serving me well for 8 years. Then i got this. It is surely an upgrade infront of sunflame. 

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01N2WG8PT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_3KC2ND2WB1M4B8MRPCJ0

If i have the money i would go for this one instead

https://www.caffebirraio.com/product/decoris-espresso-machine/

I saw a similar machine being sold for 22k by a company on insta..cant find it. 

Imho a drip machine would waste too much coffee. I tried it with my sunflame machine which had both features. But in case you want drip feature it will cost you less to get a simple 1500 to 3000 rs machine and get a separate high pressure espresso machine.

Edited by Bhpian Bali

14 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

The Brooklyn Creamery. Every ice cream is sugar free. Delivery available via Swiggy or Zomato. 

Their vegan ice creams are excellent. Made with coconut milk, heavenly in taste. 

damn you.

just ordered sea salt caramel tub

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I Ised to make cappuccino on a sunflame coffee 15 bar machine which conked off after serving me well for 8 years. Then i got this. It is surely an upgrade infront of sunflame. 

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01N2WG8PT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_3KC2ND2WB1M4B8MRPCJ0

If i have the money i would go for this one instead

https://www.caffebirraio.com/product/decoris-espresso-machine/

I saw a similar machine being sold for 22k by a company on insta..cant find it. 

I think I messed up the terms, by drip coffee maker I meant these ones only, which push the water through the grinds.

I have been looking at Birraio as well, found something similar for 27k, just assessing if it's gonna be worth it for me.

Tecnora looks good for the price, even saw Morphy Richards Kaffeto but Tecnora is fundamentally better.

Will research more.

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

I think I messed up the terms, by drip coffee maker I meant these ones only, which push the water through the grinds.

I have been looking at Birraio as well, found something similar for 27k, just assessing if it's gonna be worth it for me.

Tecnora looks good for the price, even saw Morphy Richards Kaffeto but Tecnora is fundamentally better.

Will research more.

Yes been using technora for a year and a half. No issues for now. Works really well for me. I get a good crema as compared to my old machine.

Agreed I love their vegan ice creams. Minus 30 is also brilliant for their vegan and sugar free ice creams. I love their dark chocolate vegan sugar free ice cream. They are a little expensive because they use almond milke but super rich and delicious.

• Like 1