Coronavirus - Stay At Home Foodie Thread

AtheK

28 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Either you are taking in a lot of protein or your workout has increased. But anyway, if you wanted to lose weight and fat and you did then great job.

No, didn't want specifically.

Lower belly fat gone is good.

Workout was done very irregularly with plenty of no workout days and quite low in duration against daily 2 hour before.

I wonder if overworking is a thing and has negative impacts ?

(Overworking in the sense working out too much with no rest days can increase fat ? I read about stimulation of some over workout chemical)

or running (only done 3 times though total) is better than treadmill and weights ?

or working out in air conditioning vs room temperature ?

These could be it.

Edited by GunnerY2J

3 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

or running (only done 4 times though) is better than weights ?

These could be it.

Not sure what you mean by overworking but running and weights are different things, both can reduce weight but the result will be different.

I always recommend to working out in air conditioned room, there have been many documented cases of body overheating and causing strokes and also, 23°C is the optimum temperature for your body to work out because it is able to recover quickly from the lactic acid build ups and hence you can put in more intensity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

But lots of red meat and multiple heavy meals whenever possible.

The healthiest food out there, and the best way to eat. Kudos. No sarcasm intended. 

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

It definitely does, though depends on individual recovery capability, protein intake, sleep, rest, and workout intensity. It is also cumulative, in that it adds up as time goes on and can definitely cause adipose hypertrophy (fat accumulation) due to chronic increased inflammation and other stress biomarkers, and vice versa. 

Generally, the optimum workout temperature range is 21-24 °C. Any hotter and the body is trying to juggle between you getting too hot, which would reduce the rate of blood flow, and optimum performance. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, achilles said:

It definitely does, though depends on individual recovery capability, protein intake, sleep, rest, and workout intensity. It is also cumulative, in that it adds up as time goes on and can definitely cause adipose hypertrophy (fat accumulation) due to chronic increased inflammation and other stress biomarkers, and vice versa. 

This is true for me i think

this has been happening in the past 6-7 months, same uncontrolled diet for both.

Little workout = fat loss.

high workout = fat gain.

I was thinking of cortisol which causes increased hunger and fat storage.

Edit : it has started again, just had a full meal till failure at 9.30 pm and I'm so hungry now at 12 am that I can't sleep, time for meal no. 7 of the day.

Edited by GunnerY2J

Let's do some gourmet sh*t:

V3CGF8v.jpg

10 seconds in the hand frother:

KTQCsTs.jpg

3mEOmjU.jpg

Works sweet. 

The coffee is good for flavored coffee lovers. Nice aftertaste of mint, and the hazelnut flavor couldn't be missed. Not as smooth as BT's medium roast (that's for black coffee though). 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

This is true for me i think

this has been happening in the past 6-7 months, same uncontrolled diet for both.

Little workout = fat loss.

high workout = fat gain.

It's actually a bit more complex, usually hypertrophy signalling works for both, muscular and adipose tissue, and the loss is also signalled concurrently, unless on exogenous hormonal input :P 

There's a mental aspect to it as well. For eg, when I pig out on vacation, and I mean absolutely pig out, I see no adverse effects manifested because the mind is free and rest and sleep are plentiful and undisturbed. Probably. 

If I do the same in everyday life, holy hell do I balloon up! 

I was thinking of cortisol which causes increased hunger and fat storage.

Sure, but cortisol also has fat release tendencies, biochem is :ko:

None of these factors work in isolation. But we can do this experiment. Reduce your workout by a fixed amount, in time or intensity, and take note of differences. Find your optimum level and then start progressively overloading on one aspect, keeping others constant, and go from there. 

These are the finer details a good trainer can help with immensely. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Should I mention my diet here or fitness thread ?

Not able to find the balance and seems it needs some modifications if anyone would like to.

Related to fitness more I guess.

We can only lend our suggestions but a true overhaul can only be done by a dietician. 

Fitness thread is the better place to ask though.

8 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Should I mention my diet here or fitness thread ?

Not able to find the balance and seems it needs some modifications if anyone would like to.

Related to fitness more I guess.

fitness thread plz.

you will make us foodies all feel guilty here. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got a chance to finally bake after weeks of thesis work and since there was a cause of celebration as well, tried to make something special. Used the only gold sheet I had.

Used my sisters equipment to click a good pic.

173672145-302613731370021-34068864219697

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

On 6/20/2021 at 12:42 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Specially Vienna estate. One EP can make 2 medium sized cups, and it's extremely smooth and mildly fruity. 

Thanks for sharing these coffee posts over the past few weeks/months. I ordered BT Vienna Roast in Cold Brew packing, really liked it. Next time, will go for Easy Pour packaging. Got to use Cred points for something apart from donations. 

16 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

Thanks for sharing these coffee posts over the past few weeks/months. I ordered BT Vienna Roast in Cold Brew packing, really liked it. Next time, will go for Easy Pour packaging. Got to use Cred points for something apart from donations. 

I tried their Monsoon Malabar yesterday. It's pretty good if you like medium to dark roasts. 

Thogarihunkal is my fav out of all BT ones. 

Almost all flavors are available on Cred. I also order from the app. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I tried their Monsoon Malabar yesterday. It's pretty good if you like medium to dark roasts. 

Thogarihunkal is my fav out of all BT ones. 

Almost all flavors are available on Cred. I also order from the app. 

Thanks, will try that next. I used Cred as per your recommendation in earlier posts.

4 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Got a chance to finally bake after weeks of thesis work and since there was a cause of celebration as well, tried to make something special. Used the only gold sheet I had.

Used my sisters equipment to click a good pic.

173672145-302613731370021-34068864219697

Wtfisdissheet? People keeping edible gold sheets in homes :fear: