Coronavirus - Stay At Home Foodie Thread

AtheK

Hello friends, I am looking to buy a coffee machine with a frother, a basic and affordable one. Confused between morphy richards europa, fresco they look essentially the same and do the same things not sure what the diff is. 

Black and decker also has a product in the same price BCX0401. Anyone can weigh in with which one is better?

33 minutes ago, hussain said:

Hello friends, I am looking to buy a coffee machine with a frother, a basic and affordable one. Confused between morphy richards europa, fresco they look essentially the same and do the same things not sure what the diff is. 

Black and decker also has a product in the same price BCX0401. Anyone can weigh in with which one is better?

They are drip coffee machines. You need to search for 15 bar pressure machine to make cappuccino and latte. 

Just now, Bhpian Bali said:

They are drip coffee machines. You need to search for 15 bar pressure machine to make cappuccino and latte. 

Honestly I dont even know what that means, this is just a gift for my wife, she likes coffee, I doubt shed be able to tell the difference, I dont even drink coffee or tea tbh. 

Can you suggest a good machine thats not too expensive?

Basic

34 minutes ago, hussain said:

Honestly I dont even know what that means, this is just a gift for my wife, she likes coffee, I doubt shed be able to tell the difference, I dont even drink coffee or tea tbh. 

Can you suggest a good machine thats not too expensive?

Basically if you think that you will be able to make cafe like coffees from drip machine then no use getting em. If your wife likes black coffee like they have in american shows then go ahead and get the cheapest coffee machine. 

If you wish to make cafe like coffee then look for technora Espresso machine. And do share the link here before buying. 

On 9/2/2021 at 8:07 PM, Bhpian Bali said:

Basic

Basically if you think that you will be able to make cafe like coffees from drip machine then no use getting em. If your wife likes black coffee like they have in american shows then go ahead and get the cheapest coffee machine. 

If you wish to make cafe like coffee then look for technora Espresso machine. And do share the link here before buying. 

Tecnora New Classico TCM 107 M Thermoblock Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Coffee Maker - 1050 W https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01N2WG8PT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_NDVVTRPRTBVRGBJXXZW2

Tecnora Caffe Gusto TCM 109M 850W Espresso Coffee Machine https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07MY7579X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_21F9ETWBQYRCE4HNKFJB

one of these ? Do you know of anything else in this price range that’s good or better? I can’t spend more than 10k I’m already stretching my budget by a lot 

34 minutes ago, hussain said:

Tecnora New Classico TCM 107 M Thermoblock Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Coffee Maker - 1050 W https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01N2WG8PT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_NDVVTRPRTBVRGBJXXZW2

Tecnora Caffe Gusto TCM 109M 850W Espresso Coffee Machine https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07MY7579X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_21F9ETWBQYRCE4HNKFJB

one of these ? Do you know of anything else in this price range that’s good or better? I can’t spend more than 10k I’m already stretching my budget by a lot 

I am using TCM 107 M. I am happy with the results. I am not too good with the steam frother but if you pair it with a CCD milk frother you would be making good coffee with it. 

However i would recommend that you go for 109 M as it is clearly a newer model and would have a better version of the pump. 

The wattage is boiler wattage. Not the pump wattage. 

My coffee machine will complete two years this November so no issues with the quality too.

On 8/13/2021 at 9:12 PM, playstationdude said:

Which fish do not smell while cooking? Ive tried surmai and mahi mahi both were good.

Tuna stank up the house real bad and taste wasnt good too.

Rule of thumb: freshwater fish do not smell. Basa is good, and widely available. 

1 hour ago, hussain said:

I can’t spend more than 10k I’m already stretching my budget by a lot 

Genuine advice: do not bother with auto or semi auto machines if your budget is limited. And definitely skip espresso. Instead, get these two: a French press, which can double up as a milk frother on occasion, and the aero press. These are relatively inexpensive, easy to use, not finicky, and best value coffee equipment for hot brew coffee. 

Watch few guidance videos on how to get the best out of these two machines. 

To elevate your game after this, if you do feel so inclined, get a grinder. Fresh ground coffee will make the biggest difference to the flavour and experience, and its not even close. 

1 hour ago, achilles said:

Rule of thumb: freshwater fish do not smell. Basa is good, and widely available. 

Genuine advice: do not bother with auto or semi auto machines if your budget is limited. And definitely skip espresso. Instead, get these two: a French press, which can double up as a milk frother on occasion, and the aero press. These are relatively inexpensive, easy to use, not finicky, and best value coffee equipment for hot brew coffee. 

Watch few guidance videos on how to get the best out of these two machines. 

To elevate your game after this, if you do feel so inclined, get a grinder. Fresh ground coffee will make the biggest difference to the flavour and experience, and its not even close. 

While your advice is great, I am not a coffee enthusiast, honestly I barely drink coffee. My wife wants a machine, because she likes the cafe style cappucino. Both of us won’t spend the time and effort a French press requires, I don’t think. 

20 minutes ago, hussain said:

While your advice is great, I am not a coffee enthusiast, honestly I barely drink coffee. My wife wants a machine, because she likes the cafe style cappucino. Both of us won’t spend the time and effort a French press requires, I don’t think. 

I was gonna say exactly the same thing. it is too much work with a coffee machine already. who is gonna do all that stuff manually. 

• Like 1

@hussain: A French Press is considered one of the easiest coffee brewing methods. A dedicated coffee requires a little more effort, especially if you (or your wife) are looking for a cafe-style Cappuccino or Latte.

BTW, my French Press had a fall (due to clumsy ol' me) and cracked. Served me for 3+ years. So, I got the Clever Dripper from Koinonia and it's really handy and soooooo much easier to clean compared to the French Press.

Love the fact that it's an immersion and a drip style system, in one.

4 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

@hussain: A French Press is considered one of the easiest coffee brewing methods. A dedicated coffee requires a little more effort, especially if you (or your wife) are looking for a cafe-style Cappuccino or Latte.

BTW, my French Press had a fall (due to clumsy ol' me) and cracked. Served me for 3+ years. So, I got the Clever Dripper from Koinonia and it's really handy and soooooo much easier to clean compared to the French Press.

Can one make cappuccino using french press?

1 hour ago, Bhpian Bali said:

No, You need espresso shot to make cappuccino.

12 hours ago, hussain said:

My advice is buy a mokapot and a milk frother. You can make decent cappuccino and latte.  

I'll just recommend to get the espresso machine. The one from Tecnora works well.

You might get better results with other alternatives but for someone who just wants to put a cup and watch the coffee pour down, use steamer, I don't think anything comes close to having the machine. 

2 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Technically, yes.

A Cappuccino is essentially Espresso + Milk + Milk Foam (super frothy milk).

Now, if you have a French press, the coffee that you get is not exactly an espresso, but an alternative.

Once the coffee is decanted (poured out in a cup) , you can use the same French Press to froth the milk.

It's a makeshift arrangement, yes, but without the hassle of having other (generally more expensive) equipment.

7 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Yo, I was looking for someone I know who owned a clever dripper. So its worth it eh?

9 hours ago, sumanth said:

No, You need espresso shot to make cappuccino.

My advice is buy a mokapot and a milk frother. You can make decent cappuccino and latte.  

Even i want to try out moka pot. It looks like it gives out a strong shot. 

9 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

I'll just recommend to get the espresso machine. The one from Tecnora works well.

You might get better results with other alternatives but for someone who just wants to put a cup and watch the coffee pour down, use steamer, I don't think anything comes close to having the machine. 

Exactly. I am at a stage that i find starbucks cappuccino mild in taste. I get coffe beans that are medium and dark roast mixed and i am find it light to taste. All those french press contraptions will give out a very light and mild shot and after mixing it with foam the coffee will be too light.

5 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Even i want to try out moka pot. It looks like it gives out a strong shot. 

Yes, it gives a decent shot. I use it everyday for my coffee. Machine cleaning is time consuming and needs to be cleaned everyday, that's the reason I use mokapot. But noting beats 15bar pressure pump machine for espresso shot.

Edited by sumanth

5 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Exactly. I am at a stage that i find starbucks cappuccino mild in taste. I get coffe beans that are medium and dark roast mixed and i am find it light to taste. All those french press contraptions will give out a very light and mild shot and after mixing it with foam the coffee will be too light.

Also depends on the which beans you use. I use washed and dry process arabica and washed robusta.