Coronavirus - Stay At Home Foodie Thread

AtheK

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 8:07 PM, Bhpian Bali said:

Basic

Basically if you think that you will be able to make cafe like coffees from drip machine then no use getting em. If your wife likes black coffee like they have in american shows then go ahead and get the cheapest coffee machine. 

If you wish to make cafe like coffee then look for technora Espresso machine. And do share the link here before buying. 

I have going a great deal for Morphy Richards Kaffeto 

Morphy Richards Kaffeto 1350 W Milk Frother and Coffee Maker https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07XHDJVKV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_4S19R5JGZDXDS1SFQFM8

Is this machine good? worth it? I’m buying it 3 months used it has 2 years warranty seems like a good deal

On 9/2/2021 at 8:07 PM, Bhpian Bali said:

Basic

Basically if you think that you will be able to make cafe like coffees from drip machine then no use getting em. If your wife likes black coffee like they have in american shows then go ahead and get the cheapest coffee machine. 

If you wish to make cafe like coffee then look for technora Espresso machine. And do share the link here before buying. 

Morphy Richards Kaffeto 1350 W Milk Frother and Coffee Maker https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07XHDJVKV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_4S19R5JGZDXDS1SFQFM8

Is this machine good? worth it? I’m buying it 3 months used it has 2 years warranty seems like a good deal

3 hours ago, hussain said:

It is 15 bar so it should work fine. But be careful of used coffee machines. They can have a very bad cockroach infestation. How much are you getting it for?

8 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

It is 15 bar so it should work fine. But be careful of used coffee machines. They can have a very bad cockroach infestation. How much are you getting it for?

10k it’s only 3 months old and comes with the bill and box and 2 years warrenty 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/22/2021 at 3:45 PM, Bhpian Bali said:

in case anyone wants to try a different type of fish. i just love this one for the taste and it is priced lower than a regular red snapper. available only in Pune and Mumbai I guess.

https://www.freshtohome.com/big-eye-snapper-large.html

Is this smelly?

Ordering things from Swiggy's Instamart very regularly from last 2-3 months but now even Missus is hooked onto it.

70% of groceries are coming via Instamart.

We order veggies now on daily basis unlike with BB where we used to stock up the fridge for 10 days.

I think it will kick Bigbasket out of business. These buggers had all the time to sort their deliveries but they shat all over it, deliveries after two days, missing items in the order. Just couldnt got their sh*t together 

39 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Quality of veggies is also very good and pricing is on point. I'm actually able to get groceries cheaper or same rate while being much better quality than the trash those buggers sell in market near my home. 

Yeah pretty happy with the quality of veggies.

But on point with pricing.

Pricing is similar to BB if not better. I exploited Cred pay until the last month and was getting 50off on every order :p

Worse thing these guys can do is dilute their focus and get into rebranding things in Swiggy name, that's when things go downhill. Just sell known brands at competitive rates, don't create your own.

I like their Thailand guava a lot, ita actually Mysore Guava but...whatever.

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Quality of veggies is also very good and pricing is on point. I'm actually able to get groceries cheaper or same rate while being much better quality than the trash those buggers sell in market near my home. 

Quality is a lot dependent on area. In Noida, BB, Swiggy, Amazon Fresh etc are all pretty average. 

We still prefer local vendors. They know us for years, and also know that we'll return any veggies which are not good, so they outright refuse selling veggies which are either kept for long time or are not of good quality. 

Extra perk is getting uncommon veggies via them without hitting the big mandis. 

Pricing maybe some bucks up or down, but if one likes to cherry pick veggies, nothing beats local vendors. They also ensured constant supply during the 2020 mega lockdown. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Was reminded of this thread when i saw this

lol, it’s true though. Any day better than instant coffee 

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, WheelsOfFire said:

I guess no matter how hard you want to stay at home, you won't manage to do so forever. You cannot stay at home penniless and hungry and you won't save the nation henceforth.

Wut ? :ko:

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

12 hours ago, WheelsOfFire said:

I guess no matter how hard you want to stay at home, you won't manage to do so forever. You cannot stay at home penniless and hungry and you won't save the nation henceforth.

I understand bro. Daru pi ke mujhe bhi aisi same philosophy aati hai 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...