Coronavirus - Stay At Home Foodie Thread

AtheK

Wife and her never ending demands for street food..

Rajasthani kachori, jodhpuri style with home made chutneys. ae64f04b4e451176b307b51ca7fdeb0c.jpg

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

banana and oats pancakes.. 

2 bananas

1/2 cup rolled oats

2 eggs

add a little bit of salt if you want.

Put all of this in a blender make a smoothie texture like batter

let it sit for a 10-15 mins

fry them up on a pan till golden brown on both sides.

Have it honey or maybe maple syrup(makes it unhealthy though LOL) and fruits..

You can also add baking powder in the batter while mixing it if you like it more fluffier. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Exactly the the kind of quick/simple recipes I was looking for, thanks, will try it out tomorrow :thumbsup:

Do you have any good recipes for healthy snacks as well (to munch on between the meals) ?

Edited by Ne0

Honestly speaking, i don't eat anything between meals anymore. Still doesn't help me lose weight though. haha maybe it helps in not increasing it.

You can also add Cinnamon, a little vanilla extract in the pancakes as well. 

Maybe you can give dehydrated fruits and veggies a go? like veggie chips and what not. LOL.

You can also try smoothies.. Make them with combo of fruits, a little bit of yogurt and milk.

Mango, strawberry and Banana is a combo i like. It is like a complete liquid breakfast. Put in various nuts in it as well. 

On 7/12/2020 at 8:01 PM, Ne0 said:

can ppl share some healthy breakfast recipes.  All I eat is omlette + bread toast, makes me hungry within 2 hours :(  Looking for something more filling while being nutritious !

oatmeal is really healthy, easy and filling. mix in some bananas and nuts and it tastes great. only texture sucks but idk what you could do about that. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2020 at 8:13 PM, ayush12ice said:

banana and oats pancakes.. 

2 bananas

1/2 cup rolled oats

2 eggs

add a little bit of salt if you want.

Put all of this in a blender make a smoothie texture like batter

let it sit for a 10-15 mins

fry them up on a pan till golden brown on both sides.

Have it honey or maybe maple syrup(makes it unhealthy though LOL) and fruits..

You can also add baking powder in the batter while mixing it if you like it more fluffier. 

Tried this recipe and it turned out to be great. I even added baking powder. Also added a dash of milk to make the batter a little liquid. topped em up with walnut. 

The end result was restaurant grade pan cakes.

Tried some stuff when living at the farm past 2 weeks. There were limited resources so this was a challenge.

Made some mozzarella like cheese from milk. It's consistency was similar to paneer and I thought the method had failed. We did not have hand gloves for kneading and stretching the boiling hot cheese curds so we did it at a much lower than it is supposed to be done. Used it for making lasagna (used a pot-in-pot of baking), which turned out to be one of the best dishes we've ever made. The cheese did melt and it was stretchy, although not as much as mozarella.

IMG-20200715-WA0013.png

IMG-20200715-WA0012.png

Also made some Chinese stuff. Hakka noodles and soya chilli.

IMG20200716143046.png

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Banz said:

Tried some stuff when living at the farm past 2 weeks. There were limited resources so this was a challenge.

Made some mozzarella like cheese from milk. It's consistency was similar to paneer and I thought the method had failed. We did not have hand gloves for kneading and stretching the boiling hot cheese curds so we did it at a much lower than it is supposed to be done. Used it for making lasagna (used a pot-in-pot of baking), which turned out to be one of the best dishes we've ever made. The cheese did melt and it was stretchy, although not as much as mozarella.

IMG-20200715-WA0013.png

IMG-20200715-WA0012.png

Also made some Chinese stuff. Hakka noodles and soya chilli.

IMG20200716143046.png

Paneer actually is pretty good in pasta, you need the fresh paneer bought from a dairy, the kind that crumbles when cooked, tastes much better than adding any normal cheese imo.

41 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Paneer actually is pretty good in pasta, you need the fresh paneer bought from a dairy, the kind that crumbles when cooked, tastes much better than adding any normal cheese imo.

Yes indeed, but the two have different purposes. I actually wanted to make some normal paneer for the pasta too, but there wasn't that much milk (needed some for the sauce too). Paneer goes well inside the pasta with the vegetables. Cheese I used only as a topping. 

On 7/12/2020 at 8:01 PM, Ne0 said:

can ppl share some healthy breakfast recipes.  All I eat is omlette + bread toast, makes me hungry within 2 hours :(  Looking for something more filling while being nutritious !

Load your Omelette with Chia and Sabja seeds. They are fatty and have tonnes of fiber. Total 30gm of both will make your 2-eggs Omelette into 4-eggs one.

Chia seeds expand with water, so when they reach your stomach they slowly become 10x of their size giving you more full feeling.

Make sure after putting Chia in your mix wait for at least 2-3 mins before putting it on pan.

Edited by Right