Coronavirus - Stay At Home Foodie Thread

AtheK

Just now, silentassassin said:

Thanks. 

Had made 4 flavors earlier. This time got everything perfect.  Planning to try some unique flavors. 

I followed this. 

https://youtu.be/HpY6-f8Lrpo

Those look so yummy..parcel Maadi as essential services.

9 hours ago, AtheK said:

Those look so yummy..parcel Maadi as essential services.

Will melt by the time it reaches ur place :P

9 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Please also share how you make the ice cream

I use Amul whipping cream.
Whip the whipping cream with Condensed milk. Once you get the perfect whipped cream texture, add your choice of flavor. 

Its very simple actually. You just need to get the quantities right. 

9 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Friend made this mango cheese cake for birthday few days back. It was a lot of effort, took 3/4 hours or more.
But was totally worth the effort. 

Tiou3lN.jpg

YVOmkAv.jpg

pzfkejT.jpg

That looks so delicious ?  Sucker for cheesecakes here lol ?

Do share the recipe though !!

On 1/25/2021 at 9:40 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Got around to baking a 12 strand crown bread also known as Challah. This was much more tricky than I thought and took a couple of attempts. Pretty happy with the result.

122622983-1300564386955645-2307154099126

123253783-350246652871899-13130062890375

Is this Lebanese?

Bought some vam (eel) and prawns for relatively cheap today at a wholeseller. Had to drive off road to a village nearby to save a few hundred Rs.

IMG-20210528-184825-01.jpg

IMG-20210528-185156-01.jpg

Made some vam rassa and kolbi bhat (prawns rice) from it today.

IMG-20210528-211526-01-01.jpg

IMG-20210528-211610-01.jpg

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Banz said:

Bought some vam (eel) and prawns for relatively cheap today at a wholeseller. Had to drive off road to a village nearby to save a few hundred Rs.

Made some vam rassa and kolbi bhat (prawns rice) from it today.

how does vaam taste? i cannot make myself eat anything snakey. 

36 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

how does vaam taste? i cannot make myself eat anything snakey. 

27 minutes ago, Right said:

One needs to develop taste for Eel, I couldn't handle it myself.

Once had Laksa with Eel in Singapore, fk it was most disgusting thing I ever had.

In general, vaam tastes like... fish? The flakes are thin, the taste is mild and the skin is thick and fatty. Also the bones are easy to remove. If you have never eaten before you'd think its just some fish. Don't think it is fair to call names just because it is long and snakey, when the other guy here is a water bug that eats dirt. :P

I cooked it like we usually make fish curries. No onion, instead using grated coconut, garlic and tomato, jeera and mirchi powder. Can't speak for Singapuri recipes. It is possible you could have disliked some of the other fish they cook in that style as well. You don't need to specifically develop a taste for it if you like eating fish. Normally we eat it fried, tastes great.

@Right

On 1/25/2021 at 9:40 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Got around to baking a 12 strand crown bread also known as Challah. This was much more tricky than I thought and took a couple of attempts. Pretty happy with the result.

122622983-1300564386955645-2307154099126

123253783-350246652871899-13130062890375

Amazing. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Banz said:

In general, vaam tastes like... fish? The flakes are thin, the taste is mild and the skin is thick and fatty. Also the bones are easy to remove. If you have never eaten before you'd think its just some fish. Don't think it is fair to call names just because it is long and snakey, when the other guy here is a water bug that eats dirt. :P

I cooked it like we usually make fish curries. No onion, instead using grated coconut, garlic and tomato, jeera and mirchi powder. Can't speak for Singapuri recipes. It is possible you could have disliked some of the other fish they cook in that style as well. You don't need to specifically develop a taste for it if you like eating fish. Normally we eat it fried, tastes great.

@Right

I think you are right, but Laksa wasn’t the first Eel dish I had, I had before couple of times but it never tickles my taste buds in good way.

Laksa is considered a delicacy in SEA.

3 different meats in an oily curry with rice/noodles. Just couldn’t hit me right.

21 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Blue Tokai Easy Pour coffee is SEX. Love the Attikan estate, medium dark roast. Smooth as f**k.

Not a fan of black coffee, but this one was exceptional. 

Gonna try some cold brews next. 

I don't like black coffee neither I drink coffee for the caffeine. I only like it for the taste but obviously that means to have it with milk mostly or if it's iced coffee then need some flavouring like caramel/chocolate.

So what will you recommend then? Blue tokai will work for the taste? I am not sure if cold brews will.

Also my sister recommended to buy Davidoff although not sure.

• Like 1