!!SPOILERS!! The Last of Us Part 2 SPOILER thread of !!SPOILERS!!

22 hours ago, Sach4life said:

A character being gay is now an agenda? Is there is a straight agenda in games where there is no gay character?

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Ellie was known to be gay in Tlou 1 itself. Looks like people have short term memory. Tlou 2 backlash was for Joel death mostly.

2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Ellie was known to be gay in Tlou 1 itself. Looks like people have short term memory. Tlou 2 backlash was for Joel death mostly.

and there was backlash during the Left Behind DLC as well. My point was that people shouldn't be shouting ''agenda'' like an idiot anytime a character is homosexual in any game.

Also, i didn't get the backlash for Joel's death easier. I expected that already. Wasn't that what most were expecting after the first big trailer came out?

3 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

and there was backlash during the Left Behind DLC as well. My point was that people shouldn't be shouting ''agenda'' like an idiot anytime a character is homosexual in any game.

Also, i didn't get the backlash for Joel's death easier. I expected that already. Wasn't that what most were expecting after the first big trailer came out?

Yes but many didn't expect him to die like that, and so soon. Personally I didn't give much f**ks about his death. Joel was always an a**hole and he got what he deserved.

1 minute ago, Big Boss said:

Yes but many didn't expect him to die like that, and so soon. Personally I didn't give much f**ks about his death. Joel was always an a**hole and he got what he deserved.

I won't lie, i felt really bad seeing him die like that. But that is what they wanted. To hit people hard when he dies.

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2020 at 9:36 AM, Bauji said:

Reached to the section where Joel dies. :sign_omg: Man that was a roller-coaster of emotions. Felt helpless, sad and angry..all at the same time. Felt like beating her to pulp. I guess, I'll never leave gaming, if games continue to evoke such feelings.

I wonder, how you managed to evade the most basic spoiler of this game till now. :panic: 

Edited by GameAnalyzer

On 9/19/2020 at 10:52 AM, GameAnalyzer said:

I wonder, how you managed to evade the most basic spoiler of this game till now. :panic: 

I usually try to be on media black out for all of the games I'm interested in, but TLOU2 was the one where I tried the hardest. Havnt watched anything after E3 2018 gameplay reveal. After pre-ordering the game in Feb, stopped going to TLOU2 related threads here and on Era. Did whatever setup I could do on Youtube and Twitter so that nothing related to TLOU2 pops up. Was supposed to get the game on day 5, but this corona sh*t happened. :wallbash:

But sadly after all this, you cant imagine my disappointment & frustration on stumbling upon something like this on a completely different thread :(

On 8/8/2020 at 7:40 PM, NitroNeo said:

I hope ragnarok happens in the 3rd game, and unlike joel from TLOU, Kratos stays around till the absolute end of the 3rd game.

So, unfortunately I knew he will die but the manner in which that happened...so suddenly and so early in the game, still caught me by surprise.

• Sad 1

On 9/18/2020 at 9:36 AM, Bauji said:

Reached to the section where Joel dies. :sign_omg: Man that was a roller-coaster of emotions. Felt helpless, sad and angry..all at the same time. Felt like beating her to pulp. I guess, I'll never leave gaming, if games continue to evoke such feelings.

You are not ready for what happens next. Come back when you have finished. 

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

:rofl: Lol spoiler out of no where, Fixed that now...

@Bauji stay away from this thread also untill you have finished.. there are few more surprises if that is the only spoiler you know of

1 hour ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Yep. stay away from this thread until you finish the game. There is so many things yet to come.

1 hour ago, hope said:

You are not ready for what happens next. Come back when you have finished. 

Yea, I was like - :panic:when that happened and wanted to share it, so came here :) Would obviously avoid TLOU2 spoilers thread, havnt read any other post.

Completed the Game.
Proper ending. I liked the story. I was away from spoilers. had no clue abt the game.

Abby is not a villain at all imo. If Ellie is justified going after Abby for killing Joel, then Abby is equally justified for going after Joel for whatever he has done.
As someone pointed it out, there is no hero / villain. Good guy or Bad guy.
Everyone is justified their actions..

Morever Abby is the one who suffers the most...Lost her dad and everyone eventually at hands of Joel.
Then Ellie cleans the rest of her friends. 

Although i was not convinced about Abby fighting for Yara and Lev. 

17 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

why not dude, LEV saved her life so she owed them a favor.. The Lev/Yara sequences are the ones sympathize Abby more that she cares..

It was also an attempt to get rid of the guilt that she started feeling after killing Joel.

• 2 weeks later...

And done. Don't have to worry about dumb posts with spoilers anymore :) 
As expected from a game from ND, it looked amazing, character models and VA was great and the infected looked even more grotesque.

AI for human enemies was surprisingly good. They walk in random patterns, looking in all the directions making them harder to jump onto, once alerted they stay alert, search for you covering all directions, if its a group and dont just do "meh, its nothing" and go back to their posts after few mins etc etc.

Only complaint was that I felt the game dragged a bit too much. I've spent far too long going through empty streets and houses, stealthily killing the enemies. Game kept throwing new enemies, gadgets/weapons and scenarios to keep the encounters fresh but still I wont mind if these sections were cut down to reduce the overall length by 5-6 hours. This $/hr mentality is ruining gaming. Who knows gamepass might change this mentality in future.

Not related to TLOU2 specifically, but this mechanic of taking cover, use some kind of x-ray vision to monitor enemy patterns and then press a button to kill them, is being used way too much in modern games.

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2020 at 7:02 PM, quixote_1989 said:

Completed, close to 37 hours. What a journey this was, damn!

The last fight was brutal and disturbing af, literally stopped pressing square one time.

37hours is quite a lot for this. What difficulty did you play on?

10 minutes ago, adity said:

Idk. I played on normal and even I ended up spending 32 hours as per the stats. 

Oh damn not sure how it took that much time. Played on normal difficulty. For me campaign took over around 24hours then took more 3hours for platinum. 

10 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Oh damn not sure how it took that much time. Played on normal difficulty. For me campaign took over around 24hours then took more 3hours for platinum. 

How only 3 hours?... Don’t you have to replay round II in New Game+ until Abby (Seattle Day 1 at least) to upgrade her weapons and abilities?  Unless u grinded the sh*t out of resources and maxed her out in first play through...