Jump to content
CarbonCore

!!SPOILERS!! The Last of Us Part 2 SPOILER thread of !!SPOILERS!!

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:


CC @CarbonCore is playing, I don’t think he has finished it yet..

 

Its not all survivor, but yeah I just reached Aquarium after some 18 hours. Still haven't started Abby's campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mysteryman said:


Could be less than Normal as you need to run away from avoidable encounters due to very limited ammo. 

 

If you run away from fights you also lose a lot of resources in that area like scraps and capsules, so its really a catch 22 situation. Survivor is not as hard as first game anyway, just involves lot of scavenging and hide n seek. Very few direct confrontations outside of scripted stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

 

Its not all survivor, but yeah I just reached Aquarium after some 18 hours. Still haven't started Abby's campaign.


lol you are not liking the game or you playing other games at the same time? I mean it’s almost a month since the game came out. And still haven’t reached Abby’s part :fear:

 

How often do you have to restart/retry checkpoints since you are playing on survivor?

 

 

Edited by GameAnalyzer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

 

If you run away from fights you also lose a lot of resources in that area like scraps and capsules, so its really a catch 22 situation. Survivor is not as hard as first game anyway, just involves lot of scavenging and hide n seek. Very few direct confrontations outside of scripted stuff. 

Yeah but Scrap and capsules resources are not needed if you have maxed out the player stats and weapons and you play Survivor+. Playing survivor in the first play through would be surely hard if you do not know the area and locations. 

 

BTW I got my 11th platinum. 

Edited by Mysteryman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GameAnalyzer said:


lol you are not liking the game or you playing other games at the same time? I mean it’s almost a month since the game came out. And still haven’t reached Abby’s part :fear:

 

How often do you have to restart/retry checkpoints since you are playing on survivor?

 

I just mostly play on the Switch, only use PS4 when there's a big game out. Plus I can't play this game for longer than 30-45 min at a time. Not using listen mode and playing with headphones means you're constantly on the edge, and the fking environment is never ever completely silent for even 2 seconds :lol: There's always some sh*t making some noise somewhere in the distance.

 

Haven't died all that much. Like I said, its easier than first game. Maybe 10-12 times total up to this point. I dropped resources to Hard because opening empty drawers and troll cabinets started getting on my nerves.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

 

I just mostly play on the Switch, only use PS4 when there's a big game out. Plus I can't play this game for longer than 30-45 min at a time. Not using listen mode and playing with headphones means you're constantly on the edge, and the fking environment is never ever completely silent for even 2 seconds :lol: There's always some sh*t making some noise somewhere in the distance.

 

Haven't died all that much. Like I said, its easier than first game. Maybe 10-12 times total up to this point. I dropped resources to Hard because opening empty drawers and troll cabinets started getting on my nerves.


oh nice. You are playing the game as it’s meant to be played. I don’t have a good headset otherwise I would also try playing the game in headset. It already feels scary enough while playing at midnight with all lights off and volume set to moderate (as everything already feels silent at night). I had few jump scares while playing. I’m guessing it will be double while using headset. 
 

when I was playing for the second time(on hard) I skipped most of the fighting scene because I knew where to go. 
 

 

and lol same. I play mostly on PS4 but then  Switch is my secondary preference when I don’t have anything to play on PS4. Currently I’m playing Astral Chain. I like this game a lot. And my xbox is eating dust since March after gamepass expired. Waiting for Control to come on gamepass so that I boot it up. :fap:

Edited by GameAnalyzer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished the game. What an awesome game. The storytelling is best ever in video games. I was lucky that I stayed away from all spoilers. Can't imagine how anyone can remotely enjoy the game after knowing full story. If you know what happens next, the game can become a slog to continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did pretty good job with their trailers too.

after their first reveal everyone was like Joel is dead and she is imagining him. 

then in later trailers they showed old joel with ellie along with a bag pack and killing a clicker(which was in the game but via a flashback sequence) and then joel saying i would not let you do this alone

 

also ellie riding horse along with dina and then later in some scenes traveling alone in seattle. It felt like dina would be killed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2020 at 9:17 AM, CarbonCore said:
  •  
  • Cult attacks Ellie's settlement and she, Jesse, and Dinah are part of the group sent to track down and attack it - Jesse is killed during this
  • Ellie is now violently angry and goes to Seattle looking for the cults home to wipe it out, meets Joel there because he heard about Jesse and came back to help her
  • Abby finds Ellie because she's been in conflict with the cult too, so when Ellie hunts them to Seattle and is set to attack them with Joel her group find them and attack
  • She kills Joel herself, takes Ellie back to camp debating what to do with her since for all her hate she doesn't blame her for the massacre
  • Ellie butchers her group to escape and Abby is now motivated to hunt her down
  • Second half of the game is spent as Abby chasing Ellie
  • Ellie continues hunting the cult while you chase her down
  • Ending is Ellie and Abby fighting to the death
  • You kill Ellie as Abby, and she leaves while realizing she's not really "won" in any meaningful way since all she's done is get more of her loved ones killed for the sake of her killing Joel and then Ellie
  • Ending is "cycle of revenge" with the loose implication Ellie's friends will hunt Abby now in return

 

Did i miss these in game .. lel

I still get enraged when i see Abigail kills Joel. It would've sucked even more if Abigail have killed Ellie too..

 

Man, I'll miss Joel. He was one of the most amazing video game character. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

 

Did i miss these in game .. lel

I still get enraged when i see Abigail kills Joel. It would've sucked even more if Abigail have killed Ellie too..

 

Man, I'll miss Joel. He was one of the most amazing video game character. 

 

Should have done that lel.

The way people describe her here Abby seems to be the more stronger character physically and mentally among the two.

Make her the only player char in TLOU3, and give her normal athletic build rather than senator armstrong bulk

If they continue with the bulk, i demand the ability to

TEAR A BLOATER IN TWO, WITH HER BARE HANDS!

Like total god of war executions.

rip off a clicker's jaw.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished it. So many fake spoilers haha only the Joel scene was spoiled for me. Still enjoyed the game a lot. I think I might be the only one who still likes Ellie more than Abby. Abby is a f**king amazing character and I truly enjoyed her sections more than Ellie's chapters but would have been perfectly fine even if Ellie would have killed her in the end :fear:

 

Joel and Tommy for life :smokey:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

what would have made everyone more mad is putting the square button (STRIKE) for player to press in the flashback scene (Park Chapter) where Abby smashes Joel's face :panic:

 

I would have seriously stopped at that section for a week or so. :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

what would have made everyone more mad is putting the square button (STRIKE) for player to press in the flashback scene (Park Chapter) where Abby smashes Joel's face :panic:

Oh you absolutely terrible terrible person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...