Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

STICK3Rboy

14 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Shadowlands is not coming next week. It's been delayed to an unspecified date, but still slotted for sometime this year (anytime before 31st Dec., 2020)

Oh? I wasn't aware. Saw ~100k+ on Twitch thinking launch is near but guess not. Thanks! 

This is the first time I heard it (Article is from 14th October, 2020) but:

In Assassin's Creed Valhalla, you can play as both Male and Female Eivor and switch between them any time you want (even mid-game if you prefer). You are not locked to the choice you selected at the beginning of the game, like with Odyssey, where you selected either Alexios or Kassandra - and were stuck with the choice for the entire game.

Not only that - both Male and Female Eivors are canon to the story and the game will automatically switch between both at some points. But you can manually switch otherwise in between anyway. The "switch" is not just a gameplay mechanic - it is an integral part of the story. You can choose to play as 1 character permanently (Either male or Female Eivor), but it will mean you will get fewer clues from the story as to why the "Switch" is happening.

From Source:

Narrative director Darby McDevitt previously said the game supported both male and female versions as canon, with a full explanation to follow. Well, this is the explanation.

When Valhalla begins, you'll be able to choose to play entirely as female Eivor, entirely as male Eivor, or by default via a "Let the Animus decide" option, as revealed last night in a video clip from IGN. You can then repick from any of these options at any time.

"It means 'Let the Animus decide' is canon," McDevitt later elaborated on Twitter. "And both characters will appear at various points when you choose this option. So both are canon."

Assassin's Creed Valhalla narrative director Darby McDevitt has shed more light on the game's unusual decision to have you play as both male and female versions of main character Eivor different points.

Responding to me via Twitter this afternoon, McDevitt said the game's default option which included both male and female Eivor was "integral to the story we're telling" but that it "spoil the story" to say more.

"It enhances the story, IMO, and it doesn't happen frequently," McDevitt later added. "It always makes sense when the switch occurs."

Of course, you can choose to play permanently as female or male Eivor at any point in the game, and doing so won't skip any story content connected to this mystery - but McDevitt teased you would get "fewer clues" as to why the switch might be happening.

Sourcehttps://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-10-14-assassins-creed-valhallas-default-setup-has-you-play-as-both-male-and-female-eivor-at-various-points#:~:text=When Valhalla begins%2C you'll,these options at any time.

Edited by roun90

the last assassins creed i played was black flag, the same stuff over and over made me give up on the series. 

i read somewhere that ubisoft ripped on Witcher 3 by copy pasting the same stuff  in Origins and Odyssey. 

share your reviews here . i may consider this since i love Vikings and their history.