STICK3Rboy

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

More info

• The game will feature three gameplay archetypes as for Assassin's Creed Odyssey (for that game they were Assassin, Warrior and Hunter), but it's not specified if they will be the same archetypes.
  • The Skill Tree will offer even more personalization / customization than in previous iterations of the franchise. Compared to Odyssey, it will be "more 'granular' than just a selection of skills".
  • Both mounts and the Drakkar ship can be called at any time (players will have to be close to rivers to call the ship).
  • The Drakkar will hold 8 crew members.
  • The Drakkar will be customizable.
  • The crew of the Drakkar can disembark to help in fights, but only for activities that can be found near waterflows.
  • The Viking companions on the Drakkar will either be NPCs or characters met in the game with their own backstory. Even the customizable Viking mercenary that players can create can be part of the raiding crew.
  • The game will feature big quest arcs which will start and end at the settlement.
  • The dev team is aiming at making the experience from each arc different from that of the other arcs.
  • These quest arcs will generally advance the Viking cause in England or be focused on the settlement itself (pushing Eivor into looking for resources).
  • Because of the nature of these quest arcs, Producer Julien Laferrière compared each arc to an episode of a TV series.
  • Fish at the docks.
  • Consult with a war chief.
  • Check on other inhabitants.
  • Sit down on specific seats.
  • Interact with objects.
  • Lay down on Eivor's bed.

On 5/13/2020 at 6:33 PM, quixote_1989 said:

I myself tried ROTR in performance mode for 5 mins and then switched back to 4k, because the visual improvement was more impactful than the performance boost.

Granted, I'm no PCMR "hard difficulty or gtfo" edgelord, but at the very least I have played more games than the "avg consumer" we are referring to.

I do the same for all games that have that option. More than anyone being hardcore or casual, this decision boils down to your preference and the setup you have. As long as frame-rate is over 30, I will try to keep as high resolution as possible. HDR 4K 30FPS is the ideal scenario for my PS PRO + 4K Monitor setup. I'd prefer remote play on vita over 1080p 60FPS on a 4K monitor. :lol: (Only talking about SP games exclusively)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Assassins Creed Valhalla Collector's Edition

The steelbook looks amazing. I'm not sure, but if you pre-order from GTS, you get the steelbook edition for standard pricing. 

Then you will have to live with that ugly figurine. :P 

PDP_valhalla-01.png

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

They saved it for their event. 

Just got a chance to sit and watch the whole thing

I really really hope this wasn't the footage they were planning to show because it looks downright awful. Lots of bugs like enemies freezing in front of you and the player playing like a noob makes me think this is some video for internal purposes that got leaked. 

The animation, the voice acting looked so disappointing. Everything about it just feel so by-the-numbers and so soulless. Nothing new. The ramming sections look boring af and no fun at all. The NPC models are so plain just like the previous games. At one point they show a close up of one NPC nodding to Eivor's speech and it looks so comedic. The graphics look equivalent to Witcher 3 which was 5 years ago. 

I know its a Work In Progress build but damn didn't expect to be so let down. Really hope Ubi's official video is something different. 

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

I really really hope this wasn't the footage they were planning to show because it looks downright awful. Lots of bugs like enemies freezing in front of you and the player playing like a noob makes me think this is some video for internal purposes that got leaked. 

The animation, the voice acting looked so disappointing. Everything about it just feel so by-the-numbers and so soulless. Nothing new. The ramming sections look boring af and no fun at all. The NPC models are so plain just like the previous games. At one point they show a close up of one NPC nodding to Eivor's speech and it looks so comedic. The graphics look equivalent to Witcher 3 which was 5 years ago. 

I know its a Work In Progress build but damn didn't expect to be so let down. Really hope Ubi's official video is something different. 

So the plot is - "You are guys from Skellige isles invading Velen and later Novigrad" :rofl:

Along with boring VIKANGZ setting now they are doing this 2rs copying of Witcher?

Ubi has transformed into a Tencent and Alibaba level game dev now :lol:

So much shameless copy pasta and lazyness :roflroll:

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Agreed. I watched the whole footage too. Looks worse than the last 2 games in every department. I know 30mins is nothing to judge a massive game but hype is fully dead. Good that I have Odyssey DLC to finish. Won't touch this till 2022 anyway but Odyssey looked interesting and so full of life since day 1. This looks pathetic in comparison :scratchchin: