Coronavirus

hope

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Are f**king kidding me??!!! You haven't seen this movie. Its not great or anything but seriously !!! When did you become so lame!

I r disappoint!

Calm down :rofl:

24 hours:

unknown.png

• Crossed 1.6M+ total cases. Expecting 2M+ by Monday. 
  • 95K+ total deaths. Expecting 100K today.
  • 5000+ deaths in France since they started reporting deaths from nursing homes that had not been reported previously.
  • USA with 1900+ deaths for 3 days straight.
  • Belgium back in top 10. 
  • 809 new cases and 48 deaths in India. Highest so far. 

Just now, GunnerY2J said:

Survived.

Police came to the mandi with stick today, everyone ran right away.

The vendor ran without even taking his money, so I also went in his direction and paid.

Why did you go out :doh:

Saala kuch nhi ho sakta jab log hi gadhe hain :doh:

• Like 1

I went out once long back and bought enough veggies and groceries that will last till 30th April. Also, I won't be going out to buy veggies if I run out, because I bought pulses like chole, moong, matki etc and paneer, soyabean etc which are enough to last till 15th May. Our whole diet has been changed just to make sure there is no need to step out.

I wish my family was non vegetarian, I would have bought enough meat and fish and kept it in the freezer and eaten it for days. But not that lucky.

So I really wonder why people are stepping out every other day for buying groceries and veggies?

What are these vegetables that will last a month ? 

Fresh Vegetables don't last last more than 4-5 days, maybe because we have a 20 year old fridge, but I guess you are talking about frozen vegetables which aren't cheap.

Have to go and buy milk anyway every second day anyhow.

8 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I went out once long back and bought enough veggies and groceries that will last till 30th April. Also, I won't be going out to buy veggies if I run out, because I bought pulses like chole, moong, matki etc and paneer, soyabean etc which are enough to last till 15th May. Our whole diet has been changed just to make sure there is no need to step out.

I wish my family was non vegetarian, I would have bought enough meat and fish and kept it in the freezer and eaten it for days. But not that lucky.

So I really wonder why people are stepping out every other day for buying groceries and veggies?

3 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

What are these vegetables that will last a month ? 

Fresh Vegetables don't last last more than 4-5 days, maybe because we have a 20 year old fridge, but I guess you are talking about frozen vegetables which aren't cheap.

Have to go and buy milk anyway every second day anyhow.

Potato, onion last for weeks. Simla mirch lasts for many days in refrigerator. We eat it with besan, potato. Beans have good shelf life. Then bought 2 cabbages, in refrigerator they last for a week or even 10 days. Bharta Baingan has good shelf life. Cauliflower has good shelf life too. Nothing is frozen. 

Sometimes its better to eat different type of vegetables or change the diet entirely if the trade off is to prevent infection and prevent the spread. It will last at most a month or so, then we can eat all we want.

We had stopped drinking milk, moved on to green tea or black tea because we had to step out for milk. Luckily big basket daily resumed their services, but even then we are ordering it twice a week, keeping the milk in freezer to increase its shelf life.

Some sacrifices had to be made, you cannot expect to enjoy the regular normal diet with fresh veggies and dairy during a f**king pandemic with country wide lockdown. Now because of people crowding every day for fresh veggies, all vegetable markets are going to be closed in Pune. Soon this will become nation wide.

For the longest time, small companies in India's biomedical space have borne a high fixed cost for their products. It’s the regulatory cost: a customary trek to the US FDA or EU’s CE marking for a stamp of quality.

Why? Because India said: I can’t assess you, so I won’t trust you. Hence, you can’t sell.

It’s one of the (many) reasons that dwarfed the sector. The story is playing out again as some rapid test diagnostic kit makers for Covid-19 are circumventing the slow and opaque Indian regulatory system and turning to their (or any other) international partners. Get FDA/CE approval, ship the kits to India.

Like we said last week about PCR tests, rapid or pin-prick blood tests are stuck in the confusion lane.

The apex Covid-19 monitoring body, ICMR, is currently evaluating 26 different rapid antibody kits, and has demanded supplies of 1 million kits from each vendor. As of 9 April, none of these suppliers have delivered kits to India because of strict import controls.

Only those companies that were able to import these kits from China now have access. And the prices have gone through the roof, says Olina in her story today. The test kits available are now priced between Rs 3,000-4,000, close to what PCR kits cost.

Not meant for diagnosis, rapid tests are very important for scoping out the infection—how many people have it and how grave is the disease across different demographics. If the 1 April data from a Chinese study is to be believed, 78% of new infections identified within 24 hours were asymptomatic. If generalisable, this means the virus is everywhere.

Meaning, rapid tests must be deployed rapidly. But as Olina’s story shows, it’ll be a few weeks before confusion lifts and kits hit the labs. Oh yes, we are not factoring the impact of the Supreme Court's ruling on Wednesday asking private labs to make these tests free. Alas, we never shy away from self-goals.

Free story today: https://the-ken.com/story/no-rapid-results-for-rapid-tests/ 

As usual, good stuff by The Ken. 

I bought some 10 kilos of frozen chicken, a full egg crate, lots of ghee and butter and some spices. People were like, who's this animal? :lol: 

Can also do multiple day fasting without breaking a sweat. Being on low carb high fat/protein diet has never been more useful. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, adity said:

Don't get your news from f**king Facebook for a start. 

eyyyy...i don't do dat men :puspa:

9 hours ago, dante77 said:

Are f**king kidding me??!!! You haven't seen this movie. Its not great or anything but seriously !!! When did you become so lame!

I r disappoint!

8 hours ago, Walker said:

Calm down :rofl:

as he said, calm yo titties :puspa:

10 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I bought some 10 kilos of frozen chicken, a full egg crate, lots of ghee and butter and some spices. People were like, who's this animal? :lol: 

Can also do multiple day fasting without breaking a sweat. Being on low carb high fat/protein diet has never been more useful. 

all dat training comes in handy doesn't eet :puspa: 

11 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

You doing Keto?

And stocking up was the first thing that was advised not to do, so it's not like you are being responsible stocking up on stuff.

Also, not everyone can afford to stock up.

10 kilo chicken will last 3 days for us though, so 4-5 days mandi visit works for us : big basket etc are expensive.

25 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

"10 kilos of frozen chicken, a full egg crate"

These things are nowhere to be found in my city. Only veggies :samui:

I saw at least 400  kilos of fresh chicken on the way to the market today.

And around 130 kilo of mutton. (Price has increased from 600 to 700)

This is just one market.

Edited by GunnerY2J

6 minutes ago, Right said:

You doing Keto?

Not proper Keto but low carb, as in less than 100 carbs a day. Its kinda hard to maintain strict Keto here for long periods of time. Also no refined carbs, so I'll make something like brown rice pudding or biryani etc. sh*t fills you up for days.

4 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

"10 kilos of frozen chicken, a full egg crate"

These things are nowhere to be found in my city. Only veggies :samui:

No fresh chicken, but supermarket is full of frozen ones that no one's buying. I asked the dude and he was like "le lo jitna chahiye sir, I'll bring another trolley if you want" :lol: 

Not everyone has the means to stock up. You need enough space to store stuff for a month, and a big enough fridge that can keep things fresh for that long. Plus enough cash to buy all of that in one go. Most people lack one or more of these things.
Today is 10th of the month, the day when workers traditionally get paid. Everyone has got their salaries in their last week and a half only, so those who can stock up must be doing it right now.

Also you can buy one month of stock for foodgrains and pulses as there are enough reserves but that is not possible for fresh stuff like vegetables, meat, eggs, milk etc which are sold as they are produced. If people buy a month of stuff at one go, then a small portion of the people will have a month of stock, and the rest of the people will have nothing. Every week, only a week's worth of supply can come to the market. It is impossible for everybody to stock up for the future when supply is like this.

The chickens that most people will eat at the end of this month are too small right now; same for the the eggs which haven't been laid yet and the vegetables that are still in the field.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Are you stupid ? I did mention mandi.

So to buy vegetables and meat of course.

You keep mentioning going here and there quite frequently. Order to your home dude.

Going to mandi is such a no no :bash: Stupid.