WhiteWolf

On 1/27/2021 at 6:35 PM, vickysud01 said:

Dynamic 4k30 on Series X. Drops to as low as 1440p in normal play. AS LOW AS 900p when dual world.

Dynamic 1080p30 on Series S. Drops to as low as 900p in normal play. AS LOW AS 648p when dual world.

Here, what you have to double the resolution count i.e. 900p means 1272p actually because XSX is calculating the the same scene twice for dual rendering and the two scenes are completely different graphically, usually for any game the gpu calculates one scene one way, that's doubled here.

XSX - AS LOW AS 900p when dual world - means 1272p effectively

XSS - AS LOW AS 648p when dual world. - means 916p effectively

This is my understanding.

Edited by 0verlord

54 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Here, what you have to double the resolution count i.e. 900p means 1800p actually because XSX is calculating the the same scene twice for dual rendering and the two scenes are completely different graphically, usually for any game the gpu calculates one scene one way, that's doubled here.

XSX - AS LOW AS 900p when dual world - means 1800p effectively

XSS - AS LOW AS 648p when dual world. - means 1298p effectively

Double of 900p is not 1800p, its not even 1440p. Its more like 1272p.

In any case its not rendering two full scenes, they're both cut in half.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Here, what you have to double the resolution count i.e. 900p means 1800p actually because XSX is calculating the the same scene twice for dual rendering and the two scenes are completely different graphically, usually for any game the gpu calculates one scene one way, that's doubled here.

XSX - AS LOW AS 900p when dual world - means 1800p effectively

XSS - AS LOW AS 648p when dual world. - means 1298p effectively

DF saying image quality still good as they use ue4 temporal reconstruction technique during dual rendering scenes.

Console desperately needs DLSS like method for games. 

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

So FPS is not more than 30 FPS in entire game ? That really sucks on first ever proper Series X game.. 

But it's also a slower-paced exploration game. I don't even know/think there's combat or fast-paced action, so it shouldn't be an issue gameplay-wise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

But it's also a slower-paced exploration game. I don't even know/think there's combat or fast-paced action, so it shouldn't be an issue gameplay-wise.

Its reminds me of SH4:TR minus the dual screen.

It's a paranormal horror game. Lots of good looking visuals. The temporal reconstruction has done great, the music and the spooky enviornment. Short and good. 

The 900p thing is bit of a debate but as far I've seen on YT even a strong a*s PC with most powerful gaming CPU and GPU with fast SSDs and RAM is struggling to render two worlds at once at 1080p. Forget about 4k or even 1440p. I guess it's not about the game's optimization but the two worlds are hammering the hardware. Devs done better job on consoles XSX and XSS for seamless experience.

I'm going to play as soon as i can..

1 hour ago, Agent 47 said:

Its reminds me of SH4:TR minus the dual screen.

Yep, it feels like Bloober (in general) draws a lot from the SH games - especially the pacing.

The Room was really underrated back when it launched. Not sure a lot of people played it, unfortunately. And I loved the first person sections. Just goes to show how ahead of the game Team Silent was.

3 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

Yep, it feels like Bloober (in general) draws a lot from the SH games - especially the pacing.

The Room was really underrated back when it launched. Not sure a lot of people played it, unfortunately. And I loved the first person sections. Just goes to show how ahead of the game Team Silent was.

People hated backtracking in it cause there was lot of it in that game. i remember i had printed out its strategy guide off the net cause i was always wondering what am i supposed to do most of the time. Puzzles were damn hard for its time. 

Had visited a cyber cafe to get it printed. Good ol'days.. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

People hated backtracking in it cause there was lot of it in that game. i remember i had printed out its strategy guide off the net cause i was always wondering what am i supposed to do most of the time. Puzzles were damn hard for its time. 

Had visited a cyber cafe to get it printed. Good ol'days.. :D

Okay, I clearly don't remember any of the backtracking. Thank you, selective memory and nostalgia. I mostly remember the in-apartment stuff. Close enough to P.T. that I wonder if Kojima ever played SH4, lol.

And I had a few GameFaqs guides printed out too, but for JA-only pro-wrestling games. King of Colosseum 2, Wrestle Kingdom, etc. But let's not go down that rabbit hole :D

33 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

It may sound futile but i still want to know.

This game seems to be pushing the hardware to it's limits. Rendering 2 world at once, raytracing and all. Will it affect/harm the console XBOX SERIES X and S in anyway?

Dont think so...haven't heard any reviewers facing a issue with the consoles

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

It may sound futile but i still want to know.

This game seems to be pushing the hardware to it's limits. Rendering 2 world at once, raytracing and all. Will it affect/harm the console XBOX SERIES X and S in anyway?

This is what's going to happen during the dual screen segments...

Spoiler

p9QSmg7.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1