PS Fan

3 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

It may sound futile but i still want to know.

This game seems to be pushing the hardware to it's limits. Rendering 2 world at once, raytracing and all. Will it affect/harm the console XBOX SERIES X and S in anyway?

More like not optimized properly

16 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

L I V E 

20210128-214055.jpg

Have a chilling night everyone !

Damn, i have to wait for a day. You playing on XSX..

Tell us more about it. Performance, How's the game and what i asked earlier.. 

Played for about an hour and a half on PC. It's running at 1440p60fps for the most part with everything maxed out and with DLSS. But there are noticeable frame drops that pop up every now and then (mostly when you enter a new location or go in and out of cutscenes). The game also dropped a few times to what seemed like single digit framerates in the item menu of all things :lol:

Anyway, because of the slow paced nature of the game, those performance issues haven't really been that bothersome.

The game itself plays more or less like a point-and-click and adventure without the actual pointing and clicking. The mood and the atmosphere are fantastic and seem to be getting better as I progress. That combined with the gloomy ambient music is definitely giving me Silent Hill vibes. The hotel is meant to be a place filled with despair and it really looks and feels the part. It's actually started to make me feel a little uncomfortable :|

Edited by STICK3Rboy

3 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Damn, i have to wait for a day. You playing on XSX..

Tell us more about it. Performance, How's the game and what i asked earlier.. 

Yep XSX..

Looks really good better than what I had seen in all the demos.. could be a real fidelity difference between playing the actual game and watching a video..

30 FPS seems OK, no concerns there as the game itself is slow paced.. some frame drops during dual world but holds well.. 

Fixed camera might get annoying in beginning but will get used to it soon, you won’t hate much if you have played Quantic Dream games..

The atmosphere and sound effects are top notch especially if you have surround sound will give real chills...I had to lower the bass down as doors n windows were shaking at this hour :fear1: 

The normal world looks more polished than the alternate reality.. The feeling of playing both worlds at a time is something you will feel very different 

The achievements are raining like there’s no tomorrow 3 hours in the game already half achievements unlocked :rofl:

13 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

What types of interaction? Story?

Is there any action? Or just full point click walk around? 

No action or combat still other than one chase and stealth.. Starting is pretty much finding things by going out of your body and to solve some puzzles or access new area to progress etc, Exploration is the key.. getting in and out of body can be freely done anytime.. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

What types of interaction? Story?

Is there any action? Or just full point click walk around? 

From the looks of it don't expect any action in this game. It's a psychological horror game with little puzzles. A detective type. If you're into it then give it a shot. 

As for me, i can't wait to play! I'll be back home in a day. 

22 hours ago, adity said:

Not really. It's still rendering only half the screen in each instance so 900p means 1/2 900p on each screen. 

At least that's what I understood. 

22 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Double of 900p is not 1800p, its not even 1440p. Its more like 1272p.

In any case its not rendering two full scenes, they're both cut in half.

when you are dual rendering at 900p for two completely different scenes cut in half, actual number of pixels are 900p but the process of calculating the world is done twice simultaneously - this must bump up the effective resolution being rendered in the Medium if we match the cost of rendering the dual world with the cost of rendering another game with one world/scene

Edited by 0verlord

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

when you are dual rendering at 900p for two completely different scenes cut in half, actual number of pixels are 900p but the process of calculating the world is done twice simultaneously - this must bump up the effective resolution being rendered in the Medium if we match the cost of rendering the dual world with the cost of rendering another game with one world/scene

If you actually play the game you will see, it’s not half cut always.. Let’s say there is a hall way the whole thing is compressed into one half of the screen.. so in dual rendering it’s more like A+B rather than Half A and Half B

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

If you actually play the game you will see, it’s not half cut always.. Let’s say there is a hall way the whole thing is compressed into one half of the screen.. so in dual rendering it’s more like A+B rather than Half A and Half B

Right, so usually when going from 900p to 1800p, the gpu goes from pushing n pixels to 4n pixels. With the Medium, it’s pushing out 2n pixels but with the additional load of rendering a simultaneous dual world, which means that it must be pushing out  somewhere more than 2n pixels depending on the costs of dual rendering. It could even be more than 4n pixels  depending on the hardware architecture, method of its usage and rendering costs, who knows? So, there could be a chance that it’s rendering at or more than an effective resolution of resolution of 1800p

11 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Played for about an hour and a half on PC. It's running at 1440p60fps for the most part with everything maxed out and with DLSS. But there are noticeable frame drops that pop up every now and then (mostly when you enter a new location or go in and out of cutscenes). The game also dropped a few times to what seemed like single digit framerates in the item menu of all things :lol:

Anyway, because of the slow paced nature of the game, those performance issues haven't really been that bothersome.

The game itself plays more or less like a point-and-click and adventure without the actual pointing and clicking. The mood and the atmosphere are fantastic and seem to be getting better as I progress. That combined with the gloomy ambient music is definitely giving me Silent Hill vibes. The hotel is meant to be a place filled with despair and it really looks and feels the part. It's actually started to make me feel a little uncomfortable :|

is it too spooky or disturbing :nerves: ? those kind of games are not really up my alley these days !

Too slow...Visual and audio is very nice but gameplay is total snooze. Walk around, interact, zzz. The performance also drops 20-30% when both sides are active. 

Should have made co-op option. Each player taking care of each side like A Way Out. 

5 hours ago, Ne0 said:

is it too spooky or disturbing :nerves: ? 

No, not really. The atmosphere is creepy but the game's not going to scare your socks off or anything. 

---------

Anyone else really like the intro credits sequence? I don't see it having a lot to do with the game itself but it's pretty cool nonetheless :P

Edited by STICK3Rboy