The Ascent

WhiteWolf

wow this game looks amazing..Diablo meets Cyberpunk :P

The Ascent, a new action-RPG from startup developer Neon Giant and publisher Curve Digital, has been announced as an Xbox exclusive on Microsoft's first next-gen Inside Xbox broadcast as part of its Xbox 20/20 initiative.The Ascent is due for release this fall as an Xbox Series X launch title and will be optimized for Microsoft's new next-gen console. It will also be playable on Xbox One, Xbox One S, or Xbox One X via Smart Delivery; users need only buy it once to run it on any Xbox. A PC version is also launching at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

I'm not hating on Xbox or anything, in fact I'd make the switch if they had better games.\

But they've titled this video as 'high-level gameplay'. This does not look like anything the current Xbox One X cannot handle.

Also, a game like this is for a specific group of people, not everybody will enjoy a game like this.

MS should announce a money-making title, an action RPG-esque open world game with characters swinging swords and stuff. Thats gonna get everybody talking. 

(But thats just my opinion)

Edited by Chirag2001

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

I'm not hating on Xbox or anything, in fact I'd make the switch if they had better games.\

But they've titled this video as 'high-level gameplay'. This does not look like anything the current Xbox One X cannot handle.

Also, a game like this is for a specific group of people, not everybody will enjoy a game like this.

MS should announce a money-making title, an action RPG-esque open world game with characters swinging swords and stuff. Thats gonna get everybody talking. 

Their studios are already working on unnounced rpgs

Inexile

Obsidian (not talking about the outer world which is also in development)

Playground is working on fable

These are the 4 RPGs already being worked on and all are AAA according to job listings. You can expect a heavy focus on this genre nextgen

Edited by triggr happy ss

25 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Inexile

Obsidian (not talking about the outer world which is also in development)

Playground is working on fable

These are the 4 RPGs already being worked on and all are AAA according to job listings. You can expect a heavy focus on this genre nextgen

Hopefully, they are working on "Something". It's hard to trust MS's "Working On" after seeing what happened to Scalebound, Crackdown and Fable (There was supposed to be a Fable game this gen). Obsidian is the only one that seems competent in the lot. But we need concrete trailers and proper gameplay. Games like the one MS/Obsidian showed (Inspired by Honey I Shrunk the Kids) will not do.

31 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Yep. IF you read my post, I said "MS should announce" 

Get some gameplay trailers rolling. When Horizon Zero Dawn was announced at E3 for the first time, I lost my brain when I saw the trailer for it. Big beautiful open world game? Yes please.

I didn't even own a PS4 at that point, and I was hyped. 

Also the same year a new Spiderman and Days Gone was announced, with a reveal trailer. 

As far as I can see, the final product in all 3 cases was pretty good. The trailers get people talking. Maybe its because I've never been on the Xbox side. 

But they should have at least one of those titles as a launch game imo

That's because it's a cross-gen game which is coming out on Xbox One as well.

This isn't an MS game. It's a third-party game which is console-exclusive to Xbox.

But yeah, MS should've showed AAA first-party titles first. But MS being MS thought it was a good idea to hype up the first look at next-gen and then show cross-gen indie-like games :doh:

I mean, I did like quite a few of those games (including this one). But these are not games that are gonna get people talking and sell consoles.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

But yeah, MS should've showed AAA first-party titles first. But MS being MS thought it was a good idea to hype up the first look at next-gen and then show cross-gen indie-like games :doh:

I mean, I did like quite a few of those games (including this one). But these are not games that are gonna get people talking and sell consoles.

Exactly. Show something that makes me wanna click. I'm not spending 500$ to buy a console so that I can play 1$ Gamepass titles and indie games.

I'm not hating on either. I dont get much time, so what I do get I'd like to put into big name AAA titles. 

To be fair, Sony isn't showing me much either. The only thing they have going is that most PS4 games are gonna be backwards compatible, but it doesn't give a PS4 owner much of a reason to pick them either.

Probably better off dumping my cash into a Switch and spend my hours in Zelda and Xenoblade, than buying a next gen console :P

55 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

That's because it's a cross-gen game which is coming out on Xbox One as well.

This isn't an MS game. It's a third-party game which is console-exclusive to Xbox.

Every company have their own marketing strategy and with covid 19 everything is in flux. In 1 or 2 months all games coming to each console will be clear. Ms still has a hardware event rumoured for June 10th.

2 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Every company have their own marketing strategy and with covid 19 everything is in flux. In 1 or 2 months all games coming to each console will be clear. Ms still has a hardware event rumoured for June 10th.

I'm not denying that they still have a lot of good stuff to show. But it's pretty clear now from the reaction that their event got that their strategy with it failed. And it's not hard to see why. People want to be blown away when they see something "next-gen".

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I'm not denying that they still have a lot of good stuff to show. But it's pretty clear now from the reaction that their event got that their strategy with it failed. And it's not hard to see why. People want to be blown away when they see something "next-gen".

Yup 100% 

They need to go the Sony route and show gameplay in july