The Ascent

PS Fan

Don't see DLSS in the game settings. Anyone else?

EDIT: Looks like RT and DLSS aren't working on the gamepass version. Will probably have to wait for a patch. Bummer!

Edited by STICK3Rboy

4 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

lol why do they even do this shites for the same hardware platform.. there was Nier which was good on GamePass and bad on steam right ?

Its the Windows platform that goes tangent to the rest of the PC stores, because of course they do. Nier was fixed by a studio hired by MS, and they did this with couple of more games. But they have to do it themselves because none of the user mods and fixes for Steam version works with Windows store versions. 

• Like 1

It looks nice but... not feeling it ?. The isometric view, the inability to aim properly, the near illegible UI and just how chaotic it gets from time to time- ain't doing it for me so far. Maybe it will get better.

yeah me too. I just couldnt point in the right direction.

26 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

It looks nice but... not feeling it ?. The isometric view, the inability to aim properly, the near illegible UI and just how chaotic it gets from time to time- ain't doing it for me so far. Maybe it will get better.

22 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Garbage performance for some reason.

Are you playing on DX12? The devs have acknowledged performance issues with it and are apparently working on a patch which will be out soon. It was actually supposed to be out on day one though.

Ran okay for me for the most part. But shooting a new gun or exploding something for the first time was accompanied by a nasty hitch similar to the initial few hours of BOTW on CEMU that had to do with shader-compiling or some sh*t.

Haven't tried DX11 yet.

Also, RT is currently broken on the gamepass version.

That said though, the game looks absolutely fantastic, both technically and artistically. They've packed some incredible amount of detail in there and I love how dense it all looks. 

I might actually just give in and get the steam version :fear1: 

Played a couple hours of it solo today and the world is just beautifully detailed. As you progress to different section the variety really starts to come out. Aiming is  weird but as your augmentations open up you can start doing aoe attacks which give a breather to the shooting.

I would suggest playing a bit of it solo to get your bearings before jumping into co-op where it's a little difficult to understand things when everything is so chaotic.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

so they tried to brute force RT into the game. Maybe theyll add it to consoles ver later. 

Yeah it is more of an optimization issue than a power thing. Top down isometric shouldn't be this hard on the hardware. I can't get locked 1080p/60 on a 3060 ti lol.