Mafia: Definitive Edition

Heaven Angel

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kmkaks said:

Dayum the original still holds up.

I played mafia before watching godfather. Mafia introduced me to the underworld.

Me too lol. Mafia always holds a special place in my heart.

9 hours ago, playstationdude said:

How is part 3? 

Im wondering if its better to just buy definitve of part 1 alone or to get the collection. Price difference is 1k.

I found it decent but it had issues during launch. Also both 2 and 3 doesn't even come close to the atmosphere 1 created. However one thing I like about three is that, it had some raw depictions of racism and was close to the real crap black people had to go through and afaik no other game has explored it this deep.

23 hours ago, playstationdude said:

How is part 3? 

Im wondering if its better to just buy definitve of part 1 alone or to get the collection. Price difference is 1k.

The entire game felt like a chore. The game forces you to do side missions to open up the map and for progress and that's where the core of the problem lies really. Every damn side mission from every damn sub-boss feels like a repeat & rinse job. You go to a marked area on the map, kill a few enemies and then escape. Sometimes, the main target might escape your bullets and drive away in a car and then you have to chase him down. Also, some random missions also pop up in the map and they are essentially missions like going to a warehouse full of enemies, killing them and then taking a truck or boat full of goods to a marked point in the map. These missions also get monotonous with time as they don't offer anything new.

I completed the game along with the DLCs. Honestly the DLCs felt a lot better because they do away with those stupidly similar side questing and the overall pace in them is enjoyable.

The main missions in the game are good but the sad truth is in-between those main missions lie those boring as f**k side missions (and they are a lot of them to be done)! The entire dev team of this game got extremely lazy I felt, dishing out the same thing over and over again without making the player do anything interesting or different.

14 hours ago, b!T said:

I found it decent but it had issues during launch. Also both 2 and 3 doesn't even come close to the atmosphere 1 created. However one thing I like about three is that, it had some raw depictions of racism and was close to the real crap black people had to go through and afaik no other game has explored it this deep.

1 minute ago, Black_Hawk said:

The entire game felt like a chore. The game forces you to do side missions to open up the map and for progress and that's where the core of the problem lies really. Every damn side mission from every damn sub-boss feels like a repeat & rinse job. You go to a marked area on the map, kill a few enemies and then escape. Sometimes, the main target might escape your bullets and drive away in a car and then you have to chase him down. Also, some random missions also pop up in the map and they are essentially missions like going to a warehouse full of enemies, killing them and then taking a truck or boat full of goods to a marked point in the map. These missions also get monotonous with time as they don't offer anything new.

I completed the game along with the DLCs. Honestly the DLCs felt a lot better because they do away with those stupidly similar side questing and the overall pace in them is enjoyable.

The main missions in the game are good but the sad truth is in-between those main missions lie those boring as f**k side missions (and they are a lot of them to be done)! The entire dev team of this game got extremely lazy I felt, dishing out the same thing over and over again without making the player do anything interesting or different.

Hmm, i guess I'll only buy 1 then.

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Lovely graphics. But am I the only one who noticed that the AI is bad. Like how the enemies spotted you but aim somewhere else once you crouch and Shooting on knees makes them fall backwards. 

• 2 weeks later...

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core-i5 2550K 3.4GHz / AMD FX 8120 3.1 GHz
  • Memory: 6 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 / AMD Radeon HD 7870
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

RECOMMENDED:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system