Epic games store sales

Aftrunner

10 hours ago, Slayercr77 said:

Lol complaining about free games, the entitlement is real xD

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

thats there, I know we shouldn't be complaining about free stuff :bigyellowgrin:

but i was comparing the quality to the free ps+ games that are given out every month.  If you compare to that, this is really bad !  I'm assuming egs is doing this to get more footfalls to their online store, if so, giving away these kind of games would only undermine the quality of their store further !

Edited by Ne0

16 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

which are the ones ? I took tropico 5 and portia, rest all felt like indie android titles !

Cities: Skylines - if you like city simulation

The Long Dark - if you like survival types

Defense Grid: The Awakening - if you like TD 

Alien: Isolation - if you like survival horror

Metro: 2033 Redux - one of best FPS

Inside - am not a fan but game was extremely well received

Darkest Dungeon - if you like turn based rogue 

Most of these games are (very) old and often been on sale. Can understand people not happy with giveaways. But these are good games if you haven't played before. 

22 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

i was comparing the quality to the free ps+ games that are given out every month

PS+ is still paid sub. That's like comparing to Humble Bundle monthly...which usually gives 6 games for $6-12/month. 

43 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

thats there, I know we shouldn't be complaining about free stuff :bigyellowgrin:

but i was comparing the quality to the free ps+ games that are given out every month.  If you compare to that, this is really bad !  I'm assuming egs is doing this to get more footfalls to their online store, if so, giving away these kind of games would only undermine the quality of their store further !

Lol how can you compare paid PS Plus sub to this. These games are completely free. They gave away GTA V Premium Edition for free once while PS Plus gives games that people have forgotten about. 

Here's a list of games you probably missed over the years

https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-games-store-free-games-list/

12 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Cities: Skylines - if you like city simulation

The Long Dark - if you like survival types

Defense Grid: The Awakening - if you like TD 

Alien: Isolation - if you like survival horror

Metro: 2033 Redux - one of best FPS

Inside - am not a fan but game was extremely well received

Darkest Dungeon - if you like turn based rogue 

Most of these games are (very) old and often been on sale. Can understand people not happy with giveaways. But these are good games if you haven't played before. 

Have already played cities:skylines & metro 2033 from that list.  not heard of the others, i saw the store yesterday and saw some deer related game and even today's is some indie stuff which I haven't heard about so far : https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/solitairica/home

13 hours ago, Ne0 said:

The quality of indie titles have been extremely good over the past few years. Let's not undermine quality just because of low awareness. This may be a good chance to read up and catch up :P

Edited by Keyofx
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

The quality of indie titles have been extremely good over the past few years. Let's not undermine quality just because of low awareness. This may be a good chance to read up and catch up :P

I've nothing against indie titles, just that it would've been good for them (assuming this is part of their marketing strategy) if egs were giving known titles for free instead of lesser known titles.  For ex: cities / metro were good (although I had no use of them since I've played them before).... but the rest felt like they are giving stuff for free just for the sake of it.  But if these are already well known titles (albeit indie) then ok, no arguments here.

Edited by Ne0

10 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

I've nothing against indie titles, just that it would've been good for them (assuming this is part of their marketing strategy) if egs were giving known titles for free instead of lesser known titles.  For ex: cities / metro were good (although I had no use of them since I've played them before).... but the rest felt like they are giving stuff for free just for the sake of it.  But if these are already well known titles (albeit indie) then ok, no arguments here.

Yea, it's all relative. Most titles they give away are actually pretty well known and regarded - assuming you're following the industry and know what's what. Very similar to how an amazing indie film gets passed over for a major studio release, for instance.

Indies have absolutely blown up over the past decade. The quality and variety is absolutely mental. You're in for some good times if you're interested :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, lithuvien said:

Epic games has Kingdom hearts collection for PC. Is it worth buying it from there or should I wait till it comes out on steam?

No word on Steam release. It may come later or not.

Either way the games are overpriced and worth waiting for sale if you plan to get all KH games. 

16 hours ago, lithuvien said:

Epic games has Kingdom hearts collection for PC. Is it worth buying it from there or should I wait till it comes out on steam?

Buy on PS/Xbox (I think it's even on GP). Epic Store ones are overpriced as f**k, to the point that it may as well be not on PC at all. For price comparison,

EGS  KH1.5 + 2.5 - INR 2400 (After 20% off; 3000 Rs otherwise)

On Amazon (PS4) - 1300 Rs (1800 even if there was no sale)

EGS KH 2.8 - Rs 3200

On Amazon (PS4) - Rs 1100

EGS KH 3 - Rs 3200

On Amazon (PS4) - Rs 1006

EGS KH MOM - Rs 3200

On Amazon (PS4) - Rs 2400; On Amazon (Switch) - Rs 3000

(This is the newest one released very recently, so a bit of price equalizer; still PS4 version is at least almost 1000 Rs cheaper than EGS)

The point - KH Games are bargain bin titles on PS4 and available on Gamepass on Xbox. If you look for deals/2nd hand - you can get it even cheaper on PS4. Even with 20% off, EGS is still quite expensive. Ignore EGS versions for now.

3 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Buy on PS/Xbox (I think it's even on GP). Epic Store ones are overpriced as f**k, to the point that it may as well be not on PC at all. For price comparison,

EGS  KH1.5 + 2.5 - INR 2400 (After 20% off; 3000 Rs otherwise)

On Amazon (PS4) - 1300 Rs (1800 even if there was no sale)

EGS KH 2.8 - Rs 3200

On Amazon (PS4) - Rs 1100

EGS KH 3 - Rs 3200

On Amazon (PS4) - Rs 1006

EGS KH MOM - Rs 3200

On Amazon (PS4) - Rs 2400; On Amazon (Switch) - Rs 3000

(This is the newest one released very recently, so a bit of price equalizer; still PS4 version is at least almost 1000 Rs cheaper than EGS)

The point - KH Games are bargain bin titles on PS4 and available on Gamepass on Xbox. If you look for deals/2nd hand - you can get it even cheaper on PS4. Even with 20% off, EGS is still quite expensive. Ignore EGS versions for now.

Dada .. I no haz PS4. Was saving up for PS5 but that was even more fleeting that FashionTV peekaboos. So if I want to game, its PC or no dice

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are there any good deals after coupon discount? 

I can see

Mafia: Definite Ed = Rs 600/-

Death Stranding = Rs 900/- (lowest ever its been)

Tony Hawk 1 and 2 = Rs 900/-

Anno 1800 = Rs 814

Immortals Fenix Rising = Rs 750

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order = Rs 750 

Hitman 3 = Rs 669

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2