Epic games store sales

Aftrunner

7 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

I dont think that is correct. I bought few games from EPIC using my ICICI card so it must be specific to your bank. You can ask any member here to buy it on your behalf by sharing your account if you know someone you can trust.

AFAIK some ICICI and Axis Bank Debit Cards can be used in international transactions. None of the other Banks' Debit Cards will work.

8 hours ago, roun90 said:

AFAIK some ICICI and Axis Bank Debit Cards can be used in international transactions. None of the other Banks' Debit Cards will work.

Any workaround to this? Don't want to miss this deal. Can someone gift me the game (and I gpay the amount to him/her) like they allow in steam?

27 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Any workaround to this? Don't want to miss this deal. Can someone gift me the game (and I gpay the amount to him/her) like they allow in steam?

No way to gift on EGS. You either have to ask someone for their CC details or share your account info and ask them to purchase

3 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Damn! That's so restrictive 

Now you know one of the reasons EGS is such a bad store compared to Steam. EGS might show price in Rupees, but the transaction is still an international transaction. 99% of banks don't allow this in debit cards. Steam, on the other hand, does proper local transactions via NovaPlay, so you can use a Debit Card to your heart's content (along with gifting also of course). You also can't look at 3rd party sites unless they are Indian - because their transactions will also be international. Best bet is to take a relative's/family member's credit card (a low limit spare one preferably), and reimburse them if needed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Now you know one of the reasons EGS is such a bad store compared to Steam. EGS might show price in Rupees, but the transaction is still an international transaction. 99% of banks don't allow this in debit cards. Steam, on the other hand, does proper local transactions via NovaPlay, so you can use a Debit Card to your heart's content (along with gifting also of course). You also can't look at 3rd party sites unless they are Indian - because their transactions will also be international. Best bet is to take a relative's/family member's credit card (a low limit spare one preferably), and reimburse them if needed.

I have heard about e credit cards. Are they safe?

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Frankly, it does not seem worth it to me. Either -

1) They are proper institutions - in which case you might as well apply for a proper credit card from a proper bank

or

2) they are really shady institutions, and your best bet is to stay a 100 km away from them.

That said, this is the first time I'm hearing about them, so maybe someone else more knowledgeable can help better.

Edited by roun90
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, roun90 said:

Frankly, it does not seem worth it to me. Either -

1) They are proper institutions - in which case you might as well apply for a proper credit card from a proper bank

or

2) they are really shady institutions, and your best bet is to stay a 100 km away from them.

Do you think steam will beat this price during summer sale? 

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Get credit cards only from legit banks, period.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Do you think steam will beat this price during summer sale? 

Frankly, I expect H;ZD to go 899 or less in sales (It was 899 in first sale I think). That said, the extra 300-500 Rs is nothing in comparison to security. Heck, use your Debit Card and get H:ZD for full price from Steam now. 1100 Rs is not much when your security is at stake. I would rather pay the extra difference and have peace of mind, rather than save 300 Rs-500 Rs, and wonder whether my details have been hacked/leaked on the net. That will lead to far bigger losses.

@Snake is right. Always go for recognized CC from a reputed, recognized bank. There is no point ruining your life for 300 Rs. You and your security is worth much more than that.

Edited by roun90
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

On 6/1/2021 at 10:33 AM, l33tmaniac said:

You can get keys from humble and other stores. But wont be able to claim the discount

A big shoutout to @l33tmaniac for helping me get horizon from the store. I guess this is what a vibrant community is all about. Helping each other out. 

Where is the karma button on ivg? 

Ps- we need a shoutout thread on ivg. All good Samaritans should be celebrated! 

Edited by radicaldude

7 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Epic sales are becoming like steam sales. Spend money on games that you may not play for months if at all :| 

Just got DQ 11 and now tempted to get Fenyx Rising. 

Wait a few days and see if uplay+ comes to game pass which is highly likely. You have till 17th June to decide on buying the game. Moreover 750 is a steal deal for Fenyx Rising. It's a no-brainer imo unless you don't like that genre

Frostpunk is free. Just the base game and I have played it earlier, nice game.

Can I just say the music of the game when it ends and you're told stuff about your performance is just amazing! I added it to my playlist cause it's that good!

Edit:For anyone's who's curious, this is it:

6 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Can I just say the music of the game when it ends and you're told stuff about your performance is just amazing! I added it to my playlist cause it's that good!

Edit:For anyone's who's curious, this is it:

Arrey, this game forces you to make hard choices. Like life or death kind of choices. I remember burning too much coal and then doing something heart breaking. 

Edited by Swunkjyn
  • Sad 1