The Playstation 5 thread

2 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

People are so out of touch with reality. 

USA is massive and brings in big chunk of sales. The event was supposed to be grand and first major event for PlayStation 5. Given the situation in USA with both Covid and Floyd protest, this is a terrible time to celebrate. On top of that, June 4 is memorial service for Floyd. 

But why should people outside USA care? Well, you don't have to if you don't want to. You are free to ignore but at same time, SONY doesn't have to cater it for you at the moment either. Losing your sale isn't same as getting major backlash from one of the major selling country. That would be a terrible marketing. 

Also, PlayStation 5 is still launching as scheduled and you still have to wait for it. Event or no event. 

+1

Saw this comment on a forum and i agree with it , says "I mean I get why they are doing it. Not because Sony cares so much about this protest sh*t. But because the news will barely pick up PS5 because of it. So it's a marketing decision disguised as some moral choice."

Chill my goys.

They were just going to show games, not the console.

Mostly they would be the multi plats we know about, with one 30 sec teaser about whatever exclusive is being made for ps5

8 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

Saw this comment on a forum and i agree with it , says "I mean I get why they are doing it. Not because Sony cares so much about this protest sh*t. But because the news will barely pick up PS5 because of it. So it's a marketing decision disguised as some moral choice."

100%

If this was happening anywhere else in the world the event would have taken place. The funny part is they announced the event 3 days ago when the riots had already started , such a smart move:majesty:

100%

If this was happening anywhere else in the world the event would have taken place. The funny part is they announced the event 3 days ago when the riots had already started , such a smart move:majesty:

28 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

100%

Its not because of just riots but because his memorial ceremony is on same day. It would be incredibly tone deaf to have PS5 showcase event on the same day in a country where 60% of your base lives. MS will probably postpone its 11th June event as well, they're just slow to respond to these kind of things. 

That's how marketing works. This is good PR. Care or not, it will reflect as good cause in media. 

10 hours ago, RV1709 said:

This is not the reason. If they weren’t prepared, they wouldn’t have announced a June 4th date to begin with 

Canceling event over riots doesn't make sense. sh*t like this in common in America. Racist attacks will never stop there.

Edited by WhiteWolf

55 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

100%

Yup.

I don't buy their excuse to cancel the event over riots. Ppl die world over but Nobody cares about those lives but its US, so cancel everything. 

Man i was so looking forward to event. This sucks lol.

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Its not because of just riots but because his memorial ceremony is on same day. It would be incredibly tone deaf to have PS5 showcase event on the same day in a country where 60% of your base lives. MS will probably postpone its 11th June event as well, they're just slow to respond to these kind of things. 

Ms hasn't announced or confirmed that event.

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Canceling event over riots doesn't make sense. sh*t like this in common in America. Racist attacks will never stop there.

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Yup.

I don't buy their excuse to cancel the event over riots. Ppl die world over but Nobody cares about those lives but its US, so cancel everything. 

Man i was so looking forward to event. This sucks lol.

Bhai... yeh wala injection lagwa le

images (51).jpeg

• Haha 6